Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, ChuckAb3 said:

Hey gang ...happy Tuesday. Had a dental Monday with a new dentist. Gonna get the offending sucker pulled after antibiotics.

The good news on he horizon is that we've decided to adopt a German Shepherd pup from a breeder here in Colorado in the next 10 days or so. We still miss our Baxter and know he can't be replaced, but we do need a pup in the house to love and care for. And ....it will certainly keep me on my toes.

Cheers.

My favorite breed of dog. They just seem intuitive. Good luck with the little guy. Remember......pics:D

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ChuckAb3 said:

Hey gang ...happy Tuesday. Had a dental Monday with a new dentist. Gonna get the offending sucker pulled after antibiotics.

The good news on he horizon is that we've decided to adopt a German Shepherd pup from a breeder here in Colorado in the next 10 days or so. We still miss our Baxter and know he can't be replaced, but we do need a pup in the house to love and care for. And ....it will certainly keep me on my toes.

Cheers.

Great news Chuck!  Yes do send pictures.

Jake is back to gnawing on his leg even though he is on 2 homeopathic meds and a baby aspirin.  May have to try the cold laser treatment.

Had a salad at a health food store for lunch then came home and washed it down with one of Mark's Bloody Mary's.  A spicy one!!!

Sunny here but a bit cool to take the bubble out.  Maybe tomorrow.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Had a salad at a health food store for lunch then came home and washed it down with one of Mark's Bloody Mary's.  A spicy one!!!

Sounds like a good day so far.  Much better than that work thing I have to put up with.

• Like 6

Hummm, i could go that way myself today 20+ hrs of rest, Bloddy Mary that is :emotion-46:

Rv Cabinet work resumes.

During our after Dentist visit to the Pub yesterday, Johnny the Pub keeper, say's it's his birthday and relays how much he "Likes"
 Erin's Cheesecake, she is Baking at this time.

She will never make just one, that means i get one :emotion-21:

kk;.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

hip dysphasia. Its a real common problem with this breed so be careful. 

I love that breed, Hip Dysphasia is a very sad thing to see.

3 hours ago, ChuckAb3 said:

The good news on he horizon is that we've decided to adopt a German Shepherd pup

That's great to hear, your right it's not about replacing Baxter.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

That's great. Your daughter and her dog were lucky. Unfortunately, sometimes the disease finds its way to the dogs spinal column as well.

Disease?  There's no disease associated with hip dysplasia that I'm aware of.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Unfortunately Degenerative Myelopathy is often associated with hip dyspalsia.

I thought that was a spinal column issue.  Hip dysplasia is a genetic problem with the hips only, again, to the best of my knowledge.  When our pup developed it we did a lot of reading and talked with the vets at TX A&M where his hip was replaced.  They never mentioned DM as a cause or effect of HD.

• Like 2

German Shepherds have both together, frequently. I believe they can now test for genetic markers for both conditions, but I don't know, not a doctor. My dog had both. Both are common among the German Shepherd breed and with each other. My dog's x-rays were very clear. spinal column in the area of and including R hip were "gone" as our vet described.

• Like 3

My wife lost 15 lbs over the holidays and that ain't normal. She thought it was maybe thyroid dysfunction. She made an appointment. Her blood sugar was 360 as tested by the Doc last week. First question out of physicians mouth: "Are your parents diabetic?" My wife told her they both were. The Doc said, "it was bound to happen then". Genetics strike again.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Everything is somehow a genetic problem, haven't you learned that yet? :)

That's what I told our kids, we only had so much to work with ! :o

18 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

First question out of physicians mouth: "Are your parents diabetic?" My wife told her they both were. The Doc said, "it was bound to happen then". Genetics strike again

At 59 I'm surprised I don't have it yet, both parents were diabetic, something to look forward to I guess. :( Unless the mail or milkman didn't ? :huh:

• Like 6

Wife is off fetchin chicken

and i poured 1/2 glass Vodka for my BM.

Ever try to pour Vodka back into the bottle? no, it just does not seem to go back in well.

Whooo-Hoo0 this is a Strong Drink, Mostly smokin and little-Bit-0-Baker Bros.

Col Sanders chickin is great for taco's. pretty tasty cold too.

32386556331_7b63a74a9b.jpg

• Like 6