Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

30 minutes ago, minermark said:

Good Mid-morning gang

Starting to rain a tad, should be our last storm, four day dry spell coming up.

Weather Tv drama playing out daily, i think they spend all night looking for area creeks.

Dam's are full, rivers are high, just like the last 100 years.

And we have been informed water rates WILL still increase as planned.

Oroville Dam spillway has given up, got a huge hole in it half way down, unusable.

This comes from typical Calif "Lowbidder" contracts, then official's still want their palms polished......normal.

Back in my prospecting days i had a claim north of there, ran into a few gents that stated their driveway had thicker concrete, guess they were right :o

killeranimalgraph.jpg

Off the top of my head I can think of two in the one percent category:

Monty Python and The Holy Grail
Night of the Lepus

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I did just read the "nuclear" term meant a dye was injected to better see the flow, blockage or plaque. The stress test can be on a treadmill or chemically activated. I thought nuclear meant it was a chemical injection. Thanks Steve.

i've heard the other is very uncomfortable...they inject you with something that gets your heart really racing...i'll take the workout on the treadmill any day.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i've heard the other is very uncomfortable...they inject you with something that gets your heart really racing...i'll take the workout on the treadmill any day.

BSM, I've had em all....PM me if you have any questions.

• Like 4

Afternoon gang

I awoke to the water management idiots trying to CYA.

The first thing i enjoy is they always put up a youngin in front of the camera.

This is done because he can look directly into the camera and simply say, "WE did not know".

And the Scam(s) just keep on coming.

One of my farmer buds called, he happens to be right next to the Feather River leave, his well has lost power.

Told him as soon as i can get the Dodge outta the back yard, i'll be out there.

My back 40 is clay, ever try and drive on wet clay?....yeah, Ya dont. 

• Like 4

Sitting here in an underground garage with a dead battery. No warning, nada, nothing. Grrrr. Battery WANTS to turn over but it's kaput. Original 2009 battery in my Lexus. You'd think there would have been some sort of warning. Stopped to get some groceries and came back out pfthhh. 

AAA to the rescue. I could be in worse places so I'm grateful that I'm dry and have coffee, food and my health:)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

How bout this guy?

With his nose 2" above the water line, this guy managed to stay alive for 5 hours before help arrrived. The local fire dept. pumped enough water out of this hole to free the man. He was treated for minor injuries.

7be14537-bed0-4c06-aec4-12094339c340-large16x9_water.JPG?1486668413167

Beware...This might be fake news.....Just kidding....

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/dam-survivor-shares-his-story-on-today-i-promised-my-wife-i-wouldnt-die/news-story/2d67a52d5dab4ecc0a04501ca7537e6a

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, USNRET said:

You know I don't ask for much but I have asking the wife to pick me up some house shoes for a couple of months. I swear the next time we go out in public I am wearing these>

House shoes.jpg

I see nothing wrong with those, wouldn't bother me in the least to wear those in public. I actually kind of like 'em, very avant garde, ahead of their time for sure. But then I'm a tight asss with low self esteem --

• Like 5