Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good evening friends.......

MKP, that looks like a real 'OUCH' !   Can it be saved?

Ok,  as you probably have seen in your news/weather for the East Coast, we had high winds and warnings...  This morning as I got ready for work, the first gusts roared through..  Did not think too much about it...  Until I was in the driveway getting ready to leave the house for work....   I noted some debris on my Escape's hood...  Closer look showed I had TWO dents from a smallish dead branch from the ASH tree which is out in the back yard!:o

After some 'oh chits', and getting upset because in the 4.5 years since new, there are only a couple of small blemishes on the whole SUV and was in near perfect shape...    THEN, I noted the darn windshield was smashed under the passenger wiper blade and the multi cracks ran all the way to the headliner area!  

Well, 'Dent Doctors' can remove the dents, and the windshield is covered for free...   I am sorry that my 'Ford Proudly Built in Kanas' sticker may be lost....and the windshield is a special 'noise cancelling' type and I would hope they can replace it with the same...

Here are a couple of photos.....IMG_3152.jpgIMG_3148.jpgIMG_3150.jpg.........and all by this little stickIMG_3145.jpg  .....well, that was how my day started.....   Thanks for watching :)

• Like 8

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Afternoon all.....

The question of the day.......

Do I pull it out or leave it alone?? lol lol

Don't leave it alone, but pulling out is up to you ?

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Ok,  as you probably have seen in your news/weather for the East Coast, we had high winds and warnings...  This morning as I got ready for work, the first gusts roared through..  Did not think too much about it...  Until I was in the driveway getting ready to leave the house for work....   I noted some debris on my Escape's hood...  Closer look showed I had TWO dents from a smallish dead branch from the ASH tree which is out in the back yard!:o

After some 'oh chits', and getting upset because in the 4.5 years since new, there are only a couple of small blemishes on the whole SUV and was in near perfect shape...    THEN, I noted the darn windshield was smashed under the passenger wiper blade and the multi cracks ran all the way to the headliner area!  

Well, 'Dent Doctors' can remove the dents, and the windshield is covered for free...   I am sorry that my 'Ford Proudly Built in Kanas' sticker may be lost....and the windshield is a special 'noise cancelling' type and I would hope they can replace it with the same...

Here are a couple of photos.....IMG_3152.jpgIMG_3148.jpgIMG_3150.jpg.........and all by this little stickIMG_3145.jpg  .....well, that was how my day started.....   Thanks for watching :)

at least your morning was better than this person..

13258179_G.jpg

UPDATE: As of 4:40 p.m. Thursday, state DOT officials say Route 233 has been reopened in both directions.

WESTMORELAND, N.Y. - State DOT officials say that a section of State Route 233 in Westmoreland is closed due to a tree falling on a car.

Route 233 is closed in both directions from Route 5 to Norton Avenue in Clinton. Officials say the road is expected to be closed for an hour or two. 

The incident was first reported at 7:34 a.m., according to the 911 Center Live Activity Feed.

• Like 5

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, minermark said:

This "New" Fourm Is FKd up
Cannot post chit.

There was a change, must have been last week when I was drinking alot and having fun with friends on a cruise out of town boating, yea that's it boating, sounds better. :huh:

• Like 6

Yeah dTel, that little stick was very light, and ready to fall....the ash trees around here are very tall and of course, they self prune all the time, and this one was ready....  

Enjoy your evening everyone....

Mike, that fallen tree stuff is scary!    You know, we had a tornado not too far from here Sunday night ???   That is VERY strange.  even out in the hill towns, it managed to wreck some homes and destroy a number of barns, and only an F1 !!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Dang!  Hope the rest of your week(+end) is far less eventful!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Gary's weekend will be more eventful .. Just more relaxing.

Here's a under $10 stress reliever !

gnarlyhead1.jpg

Good TGIF  morning my  friends....:emotion-44:.....Yes, tonight will be relaxing over in RTM, may just take your suggestion and pick that one up!

Mike, the Gnarly Head 'Old Vine Zin' is a long time favorite here when going out to dine!  :emotion-21: 

Saturday evening I will be overseeing another silent film with the grand Skinner  pipeorgan, which we have been working on all week to get ready, and today will be the final fixes and tuning...  Maybe some photos again like last year ?     

This movie is called 'The Navigator' with Buster Keaton :)

Well, hope your day is a good on and your weekend is off to a good start..

I will check in when I can,,,

..............Gary

• Like 6

Happy to see Mike stop in to chat!

Lot of bad news here this morning so I'll add to it.

Hears my bad luck story.....actually my this winter story......and from a normally healthy guy.  So far 1 root canal and crown.  1 rotator cuff tear and rehab.  2 URIs, and 1 UTI.  Went to the dentist last week and the new root canal and crown has an abscess and must come out.  So after 5 trips to the dentist (2 dentist) and $2000 later I had to get the tooth pulled.  The gum will heal and then I'll get an implant and another crown ($3500). 

Its hell and expensive getting old.

LF is returning today after 2 weeks of taking care of her mother's estate.  Her mom passed away two Thursdays ago.  She was able to list and sell the house in that short time. 

So on these down notes.  I hope you all have a great weekend.

• Like 7

Chuck,

My condolences to your LF.  I had to wrap up my sister's estate and sell her house; took most of a year, not weeks.  That is amazing.

Sorry to hear about your dental woes.  Getting old is not for the faint of heart.

A good Friday and weekend to you, your LF and all here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

Good TGIF  morning my  friends....:emotion-44:.....Yes, tonight will be relaxing over in RTM, may just take your suggestion and pick that one up!

Mike, the Gnarly Head 'Old Vine Zin' is a long time favorite here when going out to dine!  :emotion-21: 

Saturday evening I will be overseeing another silent film with the grand Skinner  pipeorgan, which we have been working on all week to get ready, and today will be the final fixes and tuning...  Maybe some photos again like last year ?     

This movie is called 'The Navigator' with Buster Keaton :)

Well, hope your day is a good on and your weekend is off to a good start..

I will check in when I can,,,

..............Gary

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Happy to see Mike stop in to chat!

Lot of bad news here this morning so I'll add to it.

Hears my bad luck story.....actually my this winter story......and from a normally healthy guy.  So far 1 root canal and crown.  1 rotator cuff tear and rehab.  2 URIs, and 1 UTI.  Went to the dentist last week and the new root canal and crown has an abscess and must come out.  So after 5 trips to the dentist (2 dentist) and $2000 later I had to get the tooth pulled.  The gum will hear and then I'll get an implant and another crown ($3500). 

Its hell and expensive getting old.

LF is returning today after 2 weeks of taking care of her mother's estate.  Her mom passed away two Thursdays ago.  She was able to list and sell the house in that short time. 

So on these down notes.  I hope you all have a great weekend.

That's too much to take in before I, have my morning coffee.

IMG_20170303_074327_hdr.jpg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, minermark said:

16 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Time for Michlins :emotion-21:

12 hours ago, dtel said:

16 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Afternoon all.....

The question of the day.......

Don't leave it alone, but pulling out is up to you ?

not my tire.... just some old Accord in the shop...... I'm just gonna point it out to the owner..... what he wants to do is up to him lol lol

13 hours ago, Tigerman said:

as you probably have seen in your news/weather for the East Coast, we had high winds and warnings...

Yea Gary, we got some weather around here also. we missed most of the bad stuff around the shop and house but there were a bunch of reports of trees through house around the Baltimore area. Looking around my trees at my house I gotta get some dead branches cut off. I noticed there is one BIG limb hanging over were we park our cars..... not parking there any longer till I get the tree work taken care of.

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

bad news here this morning

Yes Chuck condolences to LF....

I know  about the dental thing Chuck...... I just got another crown put on a tooth that I had a root canal done several years back. Counting this crown I'm close to 4 g's on this one tooth:o. We have no dental so I save my side job/cash money to get my dental work done. These tooth issues dig into my audio buying money:angry2:

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Getting old is not for the faint of heart.

That's what my dad says...... your right!!

Wishing all a great Friday.... later....

MKP :-)

• Like 5