Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Hears my bad luck story.....actually my this winter story......and from a normally healthy guy.  So far 1 root canal and crown.  1 rotator cuff tear and rehab.  2 URIs, and 1 UTI.  Went to the dentist last week and the new root canal and crown has an abscess and must come out.  So after 5 trips to the dentist (2 dentist) and $2000 later I had to get the tooth pulled.  The gum will hear and then I'll get an implant and another crown ($3500). 

Its hell and expensive getting old.

I would have bet you were a dentures guy by now.

Tooth issues are the worst.  I feel for you my brother.  Get yourself a vicodin and one of your weak *** martinis and try to forget about the pain for a while.  I hope you get better soon.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Happy to see Mike stop in to chat!

Lot of bad news here this morning so I'll add to it.

Hears my bad luck story.....actually my this winter story......and from a normally healthy guy.  So far 1 root canal and crown.  1 rotator cuff tear and rehab.  2 URIs, and 1 UTI.  Went to the dentist last week and the new root canal and crown has an abscess and must come out.  So after 5 trips to the dentist (2 dentist) and $2000 later I had to get the tooth pulled.  The gum will hear and then I'll get an implant and another crown ($3500). 

LF is returning today after 2 weeks of taking care of her mother's estate.  Her mom passed away two Thursdays ago.  She was able to list and sell the house in that short time. 

So on these down notes.  I hope you all have a great weekend.

Morning Chuck

Dental eh?

I know a little bit about that for being 63, last visit, last week, my "New" Dentist say's im done.

Done because i decided if a tooth is giving me that much of a problem, it's replaced or yanked, period.

Wife is going for complete upper(s) implant, four sockets and it snaps in and out, she is a mess.

It's only a payment.

Just got done dealing with the wifes dad estate, year before that was her mom, things workout. 

Sounds like you and the LF need a weekend out........do it.

• Like 6

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:17 AM, Tarheel said:

Hey Bill how is the finger doing?

Wonder if Luther has found a job?

Congrats Steve!

Alas, the job hunt continues. It is a tough market here. Especially for senior level management. My sister's unexpected passing a few weeks back has had me doing a lot of soul searching, thinking about life, what-ifs and tomorrows or lack there of. I have always been a work-a-holic. Maybe it is time to slow down and smell the roses? Maybe do something for the fun of it and not for the money. There may be a job out there dealing with audio. Now wouldn't that be a fun gig?

• Like 8

Wow...lots of stuff going on lately.

MKP....would you recommend driving on that tire? I know a sidewall can't be patched, but if it didn't get into the carcass, could it be ok?

Dtel....good one. I'll start shooting with my other hand, at least it wasn't my trigger finger (Barney Fife reference)

Gary.....that seems like a lot of damage, that limb must have been pretty high up in the tree. At least it didn't do too much body damage. I like your pipe organ stories and pics.

Chuck, sorry to hear about you LF's Mom. Good luck with the dental issues...they can be pretty painful. I finally completed an implant for a front tooth, hope I'm set for a while.

We just missed the bad weather. A few tornados hit about 80 miles south of me. Still on the weather roller coaster....70s last weekend, currently a 10 windchill.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Alas, the job hunt continues. It is a tough market here. Especially for senior level management. My sister's unexpected passing a few weeks back has had me doing a lot of soul searching, thinking about life, what-ifs and tomorrows or lack there of. I have always been a work-a-holic. Maybe it is time to slow down and smell the roses? Maybe do something for the fun of it and not for the money. There may be a job out there dealing with audio. Now wouldn't that be a fun gig?

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Remember the good times.

Good luck in your job search.....maybe a fun audio job is in your future.

• Like 7

Morning gang

Coffee/Duggans tasting mighty fine

Yesterday picked up the wife's toyota repair parts, pulley(s)/belt on my Sat venue.

Rv work yesterday completes my underbelly work securing the fresh water tank to "My" standards.

16807217_744546422381175_9198777938200437713_n.jpg

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Sounds like you and Thaddeussmith are having similar thoughts.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

^^^^^

Light poles? Telephone poles? I'd rather not think about the poles you might be inferring ----

• Like 5

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

not my tire.... just some old Accord in the shop...... I'm just gonna point it out to the owner..... what he wants to do is up to him lol lol

Got side tracked, wasn't really thinking about the tire. :o

• Like 5

• Moderators
12 hours ago, akdave said:

This was from my drive to Anchorage on Monday.  A leeetle icy... (no injuries)

Just another reason why humans are not really designed to live where it's that cold for that long.

Sorry can't help it, I was raised closer to the sun.

• Like 5

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wardsweb said:

Maybe it is time to slow down and smell the roses?

We were talking about this a few weeks ago, and I said when things like this happen it tends to make people rethink everything. Life is short.

No matter which direction you go I hope the best for you and Mrs R.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Happy to see Mike stop in to chat!

Lot of bad news here this morning so I'll add to it.

LF is returning today after 2 weeks of taking care of her mother's estate.  Her mom passed away two Thursdays ago.  She was able to list and sell the house in that short time. 

So on these down notes.  I hope you all have a great weekend.

Chuck did you try this !   Are affordable care act is working great ...

https://www.kingice.com/collections/grillz

bjx06394-premium-gold-plated-flat-finished-bling-bling-grillz_2_5_1024x1024.jpeg

• Like 2