Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

51 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

As long as you don't end up like this .

hyperdontia-2.jpg

Whooa! Like a human Vitamix -- ain't nothin' gettin' through there with being well chewed!

I do feel sorry for that youngster though. But they do appear to be baby teeth which can be dealt with. Still ---

• Like 3

3 hours ago, richieb said:

Whooa! Like a human Vitamix -- ain't nothin' gettin' through there with being well chewed!

I do feel sorry for that youngster though. But they do appear to be baby teeth which can be dealt with. Still ---

What a genetic nightmare.  Where is that from?

• Like 5

On the cocktails side of the thread, I have tried the smoking mary with the addition of baker bros. twice now.  First with vodka, then, on a lark, as suggested on the bottle of the smoking, gin.  Bombay sapphire of course---I have to say I am surprised that the gin version is superior to my taste.  Less obtrusive than the vodka---much smoother and integrated flavor.  Mark if you haven't tried it, I suggest giving it a go.  I really didn't notice the alcohol flavor with the gin like I did with vodka, and I am certain I used a little more gin than the vodka version.  I do however, notice the alcohol effects of the gin version.  YMMV.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

On the cocktails side of the thread, I have tried the smoking mary with the addition of baker bros. twice now.  First with vodka, then, on a lark, as suggested on the bottle of the smoking, gin.  Bombay sapphire of course---I have to say I am surprised that the gin version is superior to my taste.  Less obtrusive than the vodka---much smoother and integrated flavor.  Mark if you haven't tried it, I suggest giving it a go.  I really didn't notice the alcohol flavor with the gin like I did with vodka, and I am certain I used a little more gin than the vodka version.  I do however, notice the alcohol effects of the gin version.  YMMV.

Taste and effect eh?

I will try this, iv already had my One for the day w/Vodka, will p/u a small bottle of Bombay.

• Like 5

Good evening friends.............

Chuck, sorry to learn about all your difficulties...  You know, I just had my annual checkup..  My doctor is younger then me, but noting his aging and wondered how I was getting along...   Basically, he was happy to have a one on one with his 'star' patient :blush:, happily, he admitted that I was one of the healthiest 64 year olds he looks after, no meds and only vitamins, just lucky I guess, take after my dad... 

Ok, enough of that, BUT, the most interesting thing he said to me was a comment about TEETH...  I told him since many of mine were removed some time ago (yeah, I ignored them during my band days on the road - and paid for it later!) and I was thinking of going with dentures at some point....  He looked at me with a smile and said, you know........the longer you keep your own teeth, the more expensive it gets....  I believe he is right....    But dentures are not cheap if you want good ones...   The set I was looking at is 'mid grade' and was going to run $9100 at Aspen Dental !  

There, well, I hope that makes consoles in some way, as we take yet another round on our tooth topics... Always happy to chime in :)

..............g

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

hopefully klipsch will make hearing aids for us. As we age in are twilight years ..

Why Do We Lose Hearing? Loud Music Means More Americans Won't Be Able To Hear By 2060, Study Warns

http://www.ibtimes.com/why-do-we-lose-hearing-loud-music-means-more-americans-wont-be-able-hear-2060-study-2501861

somewhere in these forum archives is a post to me by Amy.  It is a picture of one of those ear horns with the Klipsch Logo on it.  Her joke was that these were the Klipsch hearing aids.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Interesting.  I've never had one with gin.

• Like 3

Evening gang

Just got done with the under-counter lighting.

Everything to do it was finely on site, so one more project done.

Wife knows i was giving here some fancy LED's, she does not know they are also on a dimmer.

Each of these LED's @full brightness draws  .10 Amps, from the Bay.and China, all maybe $10Bucks.

33239012695_caf4e9cf6c_n.jpg

32424175873_e6bf189682_n.jpg

32424605513_c9c5efebea_n.jpg

• Like 9

Good Saturday morning everyone...............:emotion-44:

Mark, what color temp are they?   The photo makes them look they are in the 6000k range.........BLUE!   That'll wake you up first thing in the morning :lol:

Enjoy the day.....

Breakfast and COFFEE up next............   OH, and weather wise, thought I would just say, last week was the FIRST TIME EVER running my AC in February!  Now this morning, it is 10 degrees out there ...........burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!  :o

• Like 6

Happy weekend all.  Won't check in much today as we drove to Houston last night and spent the evening at my daughter's house.  Feels odd as they're not home.   They left yesterday for a wedding.   We're heading out in a few minutes for a 30 minute ride to a house they closed on this week.  We're starting demolition as they're gutting it and starting over.  I had to borrow a van from work just to carry all the tools I'd need.  I'll see you guys around bourbon:30 tonight.

• Like 6