Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, richieb said:

Carl - what's the inside scoop on the Dodge Demon? My understanding is that it is an actual 2017 model.

Over 800hp? A pumped up Hellcat? Or new configuration? Dodge fans needs to knows. 

It's designed to carry on the Darwin theory.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

No "likes" for you - One Year!!!

Now that deserved a like:D

I was working on a new home yesterday. Some type of Dodge drove by, it sounded like a Nascar race car....probably the best sounding USA V-8 I've ever heard. I just caught a half second glimpse of it, but I heard it for 30 seconds!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, richieb said:

Carl - what's the inside scoop on the Dodge Demon? My understanding is that it is an actual 2017 model.

Over 800hp? A pumped up Hellcat? Or new configuration? Dodge fans needs to knows. 

Should be well over 800 hp but no specs out yet.   All wheel drive.  It should debut at a car show next month I believe. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

So...dtel will probably be upset with me for posting this...but...I've never varied from what I thought was the right thing to do. 

He was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma last week. The dermatologist recommended the drug 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3541861/#!po=57.2917

as treatment for his condition. 

The side affects vary from fatigue to muscle spasms and a few others in between. 

You guys are some of our best friends and I just felt you had the right to know what is happening with him. He would never post about his condition. 

Of course, I'm gravely concerned, but he accuses me of being paranoid. Im not paranoid, but I believe in the power of positive thoughts and prayers. 

The side affects of the medication concern me, but the risks of surgical procedures appear to be greater. 

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. 

Also, please tell him to "give me a break" for posting this. 

• Like 8

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Best wishes to both of you in dealing with this.  Together your're more than twice as strong as you are individually.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Hoping he knows "I've always got his back."  After 39 years of marriage I couldn't imagine it any other way. 

Thank  you for the good thoughts and prayers. 

Christy

• Like 10

• Moderators

No. Totally not appropriate. We've been dealing with this for about four weeks now. Dtel is the optimist. I'm the realist. 

He had an area about the size of of a number 2 pencil eraser pop up. He refused to go to dermatologist before our cruise. Two and half weeks later the lesion was between the size of a nickel and a quarter. 

Hoping for the best. Buying stock in sunscreen companies!!!!

• Like 3