Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, USNRET said:

So how I get one of these number sixes?

I have no idea, they were sent to us for the Pilgrimage with no other instructions, I took the pic's with added dimensions to ask what happens after. I did it today still never asked Matt what's the deal.

I know we will want a couple, few for future Pilgrimages because I don't know if we will ever get any more but I have no idea what Klipsch's plan is. I know they were not cheap, some are heavy plastic and some are some kind of tough cloth. 

• Like 3

How would you like to be cooped up in the International Space Station with an amateur saxophonist?  Heck, even John Coltrane would be tiresome in such close quarters.  A French astronaut received a tenor sax as a birthday gift. It could only be worse if the astronaut were Kenny G.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Gary I know you are a veterinarian (don't eat meat) :rolleyes:but google Atkins/cholesterol articles.  I bet you will be surprised to find that all areas of cholesterol are improved as are triglycerides on an Atkins diet.  Read any of his books and the reasons are explained.  I know it sounds counter intuitive but its true.  I have been doing the diet for many years.....probably not the right way as I lose ten pounds and get off it....a yoyo diet.

I'm not encouraging it for everyone but you know the food pyramid has changed drastically over the years.  A diet with veggies and lean protein is often suggested for weight loss and related health benefits.  One thing that works for me is when I increase my water intake I lose faster.  I drink 8 or more glasses per day.

One thing I like about this diet is that you eat sufficient quantities to feel full.  You do not concern yourself about fats or calories.  Yesterday my diet consisted of bacon and eggs, cheese, stuffed jalapeno peppers, albacore tuna salad.  I can have a steak, fish, cheeseburger (minus bun) buffalo wings, chops, sausage, prime rib, any protein.

I weighed Sunday morning first thing.  I was 195.  This morning I'm at 189.6.  The treat should come today or tomorrow when the glycogen stored in my liver is burned off and I get a real spurt of energy.

Just FYI......

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Gary I know you are a veterinarian (don't eat meat) :rolleyes:but google Atkins/cholesterol articles.  I bet you will be surprised to find that all areas of cholesterol are improved as are triglycerides on an Atkins diet.  Read any of his books and the reasons are explained.  I know it sounds counter intuitive but its true.  I have been doing the diet for many years.....probably not the right way as I lose ten pounds and get off it....a yoyo diet.

I'm not encouraging it for everyone but you know the food pyramid has changed drastically over the years.  A diet with veggies and lean protein is often suggested for weight loss and related health benefits.  One thing that works for me is when I increase my water intake I lose faster.  I drink 8 or more glasses per day.

One thing I like about this diet is that you eat sufficient quantities to feel full.  You do not concern yourself about fats or calories.  Yesterday my diet consisted of bacon and eggs, cheese, stuffed jalapeno peppers, albacore tuna salad.  I can have a steak, fish, cheeseburger (minus bun) buffalo wings, chops, sausage, prime rib, any protein.

I weighed Sunday morning first thing.  I was 195.  This morning I'm at 189.6.  The treat should come today or tomorrow when the glycogen stored in my liver is burned off and I get a real spurt of energy.

Just FYI......

i did the same diet 15 years ago..Went from 235 to 185 .. I took three  months.. and I walked 4 miles a day ...

I had a wedding to go to.. just could not fit in my suit..

and in no way was I going to buy a new one...

I paid over $500 for that one..just to replace it 

would of added another $200...

toughest part about the Atkins was no caffeine...

• Like 5

Mike I still have coffee and I had a martini last night.  Certain things I don't want to do without.  You are right though that caffeine and I'll add alcohol are not recommended.  If I do have a drink it is liquor.  Beer is carb heavy and wine has the sugar which will take you out of ketosis.  Early on I learned that Miller Lite was low in carbs and Michelob Ultra is even lower (though it taste like water). 

You did a great job with your weight program and I suspect you were pretty disciplined.  Atkins is not the diet if you like to cheat.

Going out to lunch to a health food place with LF later this morning.  Salad, egg salad, tuna, cheese, and some peppers will be plenty for me.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

No infections, go back in a month.  Cut back to one soaking a day and no need for a bandage when it stops bleeding.   Who knows when that will be.

Wow, still bleeding huh? I've never had a toenail removed, lost a few fingernails, not much fun. What's your pain level? I hope it heals fine.

• Like 4

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, richieb said:

If Klipsch corporate allows those banners would make great raffle drawings at the Hope Pilgrammage. As would - 

- Jubilees

- KHorns 

- LaScallas

- Cornwalls

- (do you find a trend here)

I'll let the "bag out of the cat" as PWK would say!  Klipsch will be giving away a pair of Heresy IIIs, as well as lots of other items, including numerous pairs of earbuds at this year's Pilgrimage. 

I'm thinking we may want to keep a few banners for future events, but I am going to ask Matt if we can possibly auction off a couple as a fund raiser for the Museum. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Wow, still bleeding huh? I've never had a toenail removed, lost a few fingernails, not much fun. What's your pain level? I hope it heals fine.

The damaged spot that took the brunt of the impact is still bleeding.  Pain really isn't bad unless I mess with it.

• Like 3