Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

Have to ask, what's the red rope mean ?

Denotes a Recruit Division Commander in Navy boot camp.
Chief: Chief Petty Officer U.S.N. E-7 (grades are E-1 thru E-9) Chief, Senior Chief, Master Chief

USN the only service to change uniforms at the E-7 level. After CPO selection you wear the same uniform as USN officers.

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So how many shots would it take.........

Shots to knock it down, shots of medicine to recover, or shots of alcohol ?  And the answer may change if I were stuck on an island for years ? :ph34r:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, eth2 said:

After three days and 27 inches, I thought it was over. Three more inches today. I love winter...even when it occurs during spring.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

good I'm glad there's more snow in Ithaca..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Thank you, either way I wouldn't want his attention.

After a couple of beers, in person, I will relate a story about me (a Chief at the time), an Air Force E-6 and his Air Force O-3 regarding azz chewing

• Like 4

Well how do you do! Now I have to fly down to a place I don't want to go early in the morning to hand deliver a part. Just fing lovely. Nothing like a Saturday night surprise hope my client gets me a hotel reserved since there is no return flight tomorrow.

This should make for an interesting interaction with TSA. Screw it, I will go thru either drunk or hung over. ALCOA presents..you make the call.

• Like 4

Evening gang

Took a break and played with antennas today.

Yagi's are great when you double them up, my normal "OvenRack" UHF antenna on the house drags in 52 Channels.

These two Yagi's jacked 32' in the air pointed toward Frisco brought in 72! and three weather channels!

Of course 24 channels are Spanish:o

33138585930_6b4c6defa1.jpg

33481172086_d0862a56b7.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

ah the memories. I went to boot camp in 1978--they still buzzed your hair and cussed you out -- none of this worrying about our self-esteem crap that exists today.

'72 here
I had no self anything it all belonged to THAT khaki clad azzhole

eh, that I became

• Like 2

On 3/17/2017 at 7:58 PM, dirtmudd said:

pastaciotti - Pusties — They are "officially" called pasticciotti, a single-serving Italian custard-filled tart. The usual fillings for the rich tart crust are chocolate, vanilla, lemon, and Italian cheesecake.

I gained 2 lbs just looking at the picture :P

I'm going to show my wife this pic, she's very good at copying recipes....can't wait.

• Like 4