Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang

Farm run yet again, a hot date W/Tractor.

Scaling back the morning drive, rush hours i do NOT do.

Chili Verde Burrito this morning.

69, rain/storms all day. and the Feather River is topping off it's bank's w/max flows AGAIN.

Ya-All Know what day it is.

184737-Taco-Tuesday-Make-It-So-.png

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

They work pretty well for Scotch too.....

I'm sure they do.  I've never developed the taste for Scotch or Irish Whiskey.  I keep trying them thinking one day I'll like them but it's never happened.  There's always a bottle in the house for those that like it but the bottle is never touched unless I have company.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm sure they do.  I've never developed the taste for Scotch or Irish Whiskey.  I keep trying them thinking one day I'll like them but it's never happened.  There's always a bottle in the house for those that like it but the bottle is never touched unless I have company.

Have you ever tried Red Breast 12 yr old Irish?

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I have recently noticed that drinks served in the PWK glasses Christy and Elden make taste better.  I assume its because of the wide mouth that allows the whisky to breathe.  Anyone else notice this?

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

They're great for bourbon which is pretty much all I use mine for.

Ok, well thank you but I have to make a confession, not that it's a real problem. Those glasses are not really glasses, they are supposed to be candle holders. :o

But I could not find a nice shaped glass that could be etched, and thought they were shaped like what I thought of a perfect glass for drinks like that should be. To be able to etch them it can be round but only in one direction, it can't be also shaped from top to bottom. The vinyl stencil will only bend one way or it causes wrinkling causing distortions and gaps which can let the sandblasting mess up the design. 

I did search for perfect glasses but kind of had sticker shock after finding some. I needed something cheap enough so if I ruined one it wasn't a big deal. Plus the time it takes a good while to make them which is part of the problem. It's easy just a bunch of steps which take time. 

Glad there working ok......I have two here, both have a small but noticeable mistakes so I kept them. Tigerman I never forgot

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Have you ever tried Red Breast 12 yr old Irish?

I once repeatedly tried Powers with a guy, Good God that stuff would put hair on your tongue ! :huh: But we suffered through it :wacko: and finished the bottle that night in Hope. :blink: 

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I have no idea what Carl was doing down here in Mexico, but when he finally caught up with me, he was obviously not happy.

But he is looking a little better you must say.

Nice picture, love the tropical plants, hope your having a good time, well if not I couldn't imagine why.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dtel said:

I once repeatedly tried Powers with a guy, Good God that stuff would put hair on your tongue ! :huh: But we suffered through it :wacko: and finished the bottle that night in Hope. :blink:

I still donlt remember anything between sitting in a chair and waking up in my bed the next morning...LOL!

Red Breast is so much better than Powers is...Powers is what I consider a "designer" whiskey...but Red Breast is classic traditional Irish...Dangerously smooth, though!  I prefer traditional Scotch and Irish over all the "Designer" ones that most tout...simply because I actually LIKE those whiskeys, and have no need to suck down ones flavored with various types of aging barrels.  Don't get me wrong...I like those, too...but way too many folks ONLY like those designer whiskeys, and shy away from the "traditional tastes" of whiskeys!  Brits have long used American oak barrels to age their whiskeys in...and quite often re-used Americna oak barrels which had already been used to age American whiskeys...simply because they had them on hand.  One must keep in mind that English Oak has been in short supply for a couple of centuries or more due to over-cutting...so coopers there generally had to rely on imported oak to make barrels from for aging the Brit whiskeys.  They would ship a barrel of whiskey over to America, where it would be re-purposed for aging American whiskey OR Caribbean Rum...which would be shipped in the barrel back to Great Britain, consumed, then the barrels would be re-purposed there for aging Brit Whiskey...but traditional whiskeys used only NEW oak barrels WHENEVER POSSIBLE....used barrels are cheaper, and impart flavor to the whiskey from whatever was in the barrel previously.

Not saying I like whiskey that much...but it is what it is!;)

Wishing you the best of holiday cheer.jpg

• Like 4