Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

It's cold outside, and I want to stay indoors. The current windchill is 18, but a high today of 54, 72 tomorrow :D

I am SOOOO ready for spring.

In the 80's here all week, starting to almost feel like summer, then i will be whining about the heat. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Got a PM from Chuck yesterday.  He is okay.  With the new puppy his routine has been disrupted and the time he use to spend here is now with the new guy.  In other words he's found better company:P

Well that's good news, not hard to find something to replace us apparently. :lol:

• Like 2

• Moderators

Update, since there is new news. And Christy told me I was chicken sheet to not let people here know what's going on....Christy was not happy from the beginning after reading what this medicine does.

What happened after having a biopsy done, and being prescribed a certain cancer medicine.

A friend, Kevin Harmon had questions about the biopsy and medicine, we answered all we knew and he said he would ask some doctor friends of his which he did. He also said to send JC a message and ask what he thinks. Jc asked friends of his as did kevin and all of them came back saying "why this medicine"?

So this was like 3-4 different doctors, including Oncologist, Surgeons and other doctors who know about what I have and and the medicine prescribed. All of them said this medicine is for someone who has multiple spots of this cancer and definitely not for just one spot. Well a couple of the doctors recommended to us a doctor who has a great reputation 45 minutes from us, her opinion matched the other 4 doctors. 

So we just got back from seeing her and supposedly it has been removed, which is what seems to be normal treatment for this, we go back in a couple of months for her to check it. Not the medicine which has some bad side affects like the worst, making any other possible cancer cells become aggressive, with lesser affects like losing hair and feeling sick of the stomach all the time and a few others.

So it turns out that two forum members helped me avoid a rough medicine and hopefully be done with this. 

I doubt they will read this but I just wanted to say Thank you to both Kevin and JC, and as soon as I see them in person I will make sure they know how much I really appreciate them taking their time and asking questions to the others that specialize in this.

Come to find out the first doctor I went to is not a board certified Dermatologist, and prescribes this medicine more than any other in the region. We never think to check credentials, this doctor has 6 different offices so we thought everything was ok, not really what happened.

Just for a note the medicine was going to be free through this doctor (somehow) but normal cost is $75,000 for 4 months and 4 other doctors said it's not right for my situation at all.  

So I told everyone here, as to not be chicken sheet as my wife called me, she said they are your friends, you talk with them everyday, I got called a few names for being quite, so there it is. 

• Like 10

I like what I'm hearing.  

IMO ALWAYS get multiple opinions.  In my prior life, after prosecuting murderers, I defended medial malpractice litigation.  I respect the medical profession, but they're human and can disagree or make mistakes.  Multiple opinions from physicians you trust are a must.

Colter and Tarheeel know the details of my encore career as a recovering attorney, but they've been sworn to secrecy, or they just forgot, either way the secret is safe.

• Like 4