Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
On 3/24/2017 at 4:43 PM, MKP'S BOSS said:

the only one you can trust is YOU...  and of course your forum friends B)

Just got back last night, and watched the video. After the last few weeks, she is exactly correct, I wouldn't have doubted it before but now it makes even more sense. Thank you

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 3/26/2017 at 11:51 AM, richieb said:

Good Gawd these are some exotics for sure. The "skunk works" of the Japanese Big Boys. And they have known the value of horns for a long, long time but knew the consumer market wasn't going for it.

I will stick with the "skunk works" from hope. I'll put them against any of those in the last few pages, like they do with cars, we'll go for titles. Then i wIll be  selling on ebay. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Got back last night from Hope, had a really good weekend. Went out to Rodneys to go over everything with him and check out where were going to be setting up the stage for the bands. Rodney boiled shrimp and crawfish and had about 25-30 just hanging out doing the normal lying.  :o

We had to lay out how the stage is going to go for the bands, this year is going to sound a little different, in a BIG way, instead of just the normal 4 stacks of Kevins KP 600's which worked perfectly on there own, Roy has added a bit of extra bass this year for outside. 4 yes 4 1802 subs, there will be a 1802 under each 600 stack, it should be a little shocking. For everyone who has heard the 1802 last year behind the klipsch building imagine 4 under the already great 600 stacks we heard last year. We had to lay it out because 4 1802 subs take up almost 25' of the width of where the stage goes. It's hard to imagine how this is going to sound, it will be awesome. 

The 1802 is the two subs behind the plant in the video posted down further.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I will stick with the "skunk works" from hope. I'll put them against any of those in the last few pages, like they do with cars, we'll go for titles. Then i wIll be  selling on ebay. 

well we all know why we are here...PWK...

but this where it all started...and the light bulb in Paul's head turned on..

Paul got these to fit in a corner...

the western electric 12a & 13a horn

I just need a room big enough for them to fit !

and a fat enough wallet too !!!

• Like 1

Greetings CC&C Crew!  It's been a loooong time since I've checked in.  Took the fam on a Disney trip two weeks ago w/a brief stop in Atlanta on the way back (the boys 4 & 2 LOVED the GA Aquarium!). 

Lot's of new regs going into effect @ work (or not?!) (ala DOL Fiduciary ruling - google it if you care too - it will affect your retirement accounts) so things have been quite busy!

Coffee is still warm and my BP is back to normal so I'm back to three pots per day... :ph34r: I jest.  but only a little.

Hope you're all well - Tarheel Chuck - congrats - that was a crazy game!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Might as well put this video for people who has never been, Kevin's drone footage of last years Pilgrimage showing the layout. Since this video rodney has taken some of the left side of where the band was playing and screened in a outdoor kitchen so we don't have the whole patio anymore, it will be a little tighter but will work fine. Klipsch had mailed me all those banners, were going to hang some from the ceiling behind the band and on the sides to kind of make a stage backdrop, just for looks of course. The speaker will have to start all the way to the left of the patio to have the space needed. The stage where the bands will set up will be roughly 20 x 20 with the patio poles on each side instead of how it had to be setup last year. 

Plus the people who went last year will remember the lighting was little to none, this year one of the bands playing has a sound and lighting guy, he is hired to supply the lighting for all the bands. This should be a big improvement, it looks like the whole thing is shaping up to be better.

Last year.. For people who has never been, the yellow building across the street from the plant is the museum building Klipsch/Voxx has donated including the artifacts to us for a non profit museum for PWK. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

well we all know way we are here...PWK...

True but I was thinking of the true "skunk works" designs from them, like the misfits we have, they will never will be an official product even though they are awesome. That's the ones I will put against any of those pictured, or another design I'm thinking of from klipsch, they both compare really well with speakers in that much higher price range.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, akdave said:

Greetings CC&C Crew!  It's been a loooong time since I've checked in.  Took the fam on a Disney trip two weeks ago w/a brief stop in Atlanta on the way back (the boys 4 & 2 LOVED the GA Aquarium!). 

Hope you all had a good time, the Atlanta aquarium should have been very nice. We have never been, but Reef tanks were once a hobby for me so back then I kept up the best aquariums and that was one of the best if I remember correctly. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dtel said:

Might as well put this video for people who has never been, Kevin's drone footage of last years Pilgrimage showing the layout. Since this video rodney has taken some of the left side of where the band was playing and screened in a outdoor kitchen so we don't have the whole patio anymore, it will be a little tighter but will work fine. Klipsch had mailed me all those banners, were going to hang some from the ceiling behind the band and on the sides to kind of make a stage backdrop, just for looks of course. The speaker will have to start all the way to the left of the patio to have the space needed. The stage where the bands will set up will be roughly 20 x 20 with the patio poles on each side instead of how it had to be setup last year. 

Plus the people who went last year will remember the lighting was little to none, this year one of the bands playing has a sound and lighting guy, he is hired to supply the lighting for all the bands. This should be a big improvement, it looks like the whole thing is shaping up to be better.

Last year.. For people who has never been, the yellow building across the street from the plant is the museum building Klipsch/Voxx has donated including the artifacts to us for a non profit museum for PWK. 

Will there be any footage in real time this year's event ?

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Will there be any footage in real time this year's event ?

Edit;    Carl beat me to it, I type slow.............

We were going to try it but I have a feeling the wifi will not allow it, we don't know yet, I would be surprised if it did.

But a member named Picky, his name is Glenn will bring his HD camera and probably get some video to post later I guess ?

It's going to be the normal good time out at the clubhouse, guaranteed. 600+ acres as to not disturb the neighbors, and last year we did disturb a neighbor 1.5 miles away, he called and said he could hear the music and even named the song, he was sent a T shirt that said............ pissing off the neighbors since 1946, it was only right. :lol:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I don't think they have the bandwidth.  We're going to (hopefully) be streaming music but that depends a lot on the bandwidth as well.

I think @dwilawyer was looking into this, and possibly getting some help to figure out what the capabilities at Rodney's were...

4 hours ago, minermark said:

Morning gang

50s and should be drying out this week.

I see happiness in the ball bouncing arena.

Skeeter breedin time has arrived.

"Repel" @ WallyWorld is the wonder spray, all natural too.

I just bought three bottles last night, will last through the summer.

988320_584002471635748_998872169_n.jpg

Thanks MM. Seems to be working for me also. Now if it would just work against the black flies. Little Bastards.

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

33 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I think @dwilawyer was looking into this, and possibly getting some help to figure out what the capabilities at Rodney's were...

I believe he put Nanker Phelge on it.

Was joking with travis last night and he said he thought you were the only person who caught on to that. Travis is a nut, in a good way. :lol: 

• Like 2