Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Got back last night from Hope, had a really good weekend. Went out to Rodneys to go over everything with him and check out where were going to be setting up the stage for the bands. Rodney boiled shrimp and crawfish and had about 25-30 just hanging out doing the normal lying.  :o

We had to lay out how the stage is going to go for the bands, this year is going to sound a little different, in a BIG way, instead of just the normal 4 stacks of Kevins KP 600's which worked perfectly on there own, Roy has added a bit of extra bass this year for outside. 4 yes 4 1802 subs, there will be a 1802 under each 600 stack, it should be a little shocking. For everyone who has heard the 1802 last year behind the klipsch building imagine 4 under the already great 600 stacks we heard last year. We had to lay it out because 4 1802 subs take up almost 25' of the width of where the stage goes. It's hard to imagine how this is going to sound, it will be awesome. 

The 1802 is the two subs behind the plant in the video posted down further.

OMG

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Thanks MM. Seems to be working for me also. Now if it would just work against the black flies. Little Bastards.

Is that the ones that bite ? I hate those there fast.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

That exactly what both Kevin and I both said. :o

Are you planning to contact the USGS (United States Geological Society) to track  possible tremors in and around the Hope area

April 26-29? Good Gawd I heard the havoc one of those monsters can bring let alone Four. But I do see a method to Roy's madness - he's planning to seismic Bass stun his prey in Rodney's lake making for easy pickings, Quite the angler he is ---

• Like 4

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, babadono said:

So do we need hearing protection?;)

Not if you sit far enough back. :D

But one of the things Klipsch (strangely enough) sent with the banners are earplugs :o and we will have plenty of these if needed, so if anyone wants some they will be there.

I couldn't figure out what they were for but now I have an idea since Chief Bonehead has been let out the box. :huh: 

DSC_3061_1535.JPG

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, richieb said:

Are you planning to contact the USGS (United States Geological Society) to track  possible tremors in and around the Hope area

No, were just going to wait and see, kind of a surprise for them.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, richieb said:

If you want to experience tremors, just hang around Jim when his glass runs dry.

• Like 3

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Only if you're not smart enough to move your chair back.

But you will still get a free massage. 

I told Roy this weekend, two would be plenty, he looked at me strange and said but I want 4, it's never been done with this setup.  

Inside the clubhouse there will be jubes with the brand new 1502 sub, same design but with correct size cabinet for the 15. We were talking and the jubes will also be ran without the sub so everyone can hear what they can do, this will be what people will DJ on.

Also heard a rumor there will be Forte lll's in the listening room at the plant.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Eldon, those are the Klipsch suppositories for anyone deemed to be a pain in the a$$.  Personally I'll be good this year.B)

That would work also, but I am not NOT volunteering to install them. :wacko: unless absolutely necessary.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Personally I'll be good this year.B)

Your always good, not pretty but good. :lol:

So good I'm going to have a small surprise for you, not what we talked about something different.              maby the other also

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Bring all sorts of protection!  Carl gets frisky after a few drinks I hear.

He might, he is in better shape than me but when really desperate I can run fast.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dtel said:

But you will still get a free massage. 

I told Roy this weekend, two would be plenty, he looked at me strange and said but I want 4, it's never been done with this setup.  

Inside the clubhouse there will be jubes with the brand new 1502 sub, same design but with correct size cabinet for the 15. We were talking and the jubes will also be ran without the sub so everyone can hear what they can do, this will be what people will DJ on.

Also heard a rumor there will be Forte lll's in the listening room at the plant.

Will there be drawing for the 1502? If yes I'll bring the appropriate vehicle! Doubtful it can be bungeed on the back of the Beemer, Unless I leave the wife? Keep me posted on this so I can gradually break the ice -- !

• Like 2