Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

still not super busy at work.... it really needs to break free....

Same here, it's crazy slow.  This whole year has been.  I've been calling my buddies at other stores and talked to the guys on the tool trucks and they all say the same thing.  It's slow and no one knows why.

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Same here, it's crazy slow.  This whole year has been.  I've been calling my buddies at other stores and talked to the guys on the tool trucks and they all say the same thing.  It's slow and no one knows why.

Same here Carl.. all the sales guys tell me the same. 

This is when I'm thankful I'm a one man shop...

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Morning gents

54 and Drizzle on and off again, all day.

Sending the wife off to feed the Indians, this is the last few day's she will be feeling like doing anything for a wile.

They have moved her Dental up to this friday -_-

Carnita's are on the menu.

184737-Taco-Tuesday-Make-It-So-.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

The cars are SOOOO good these days they don't break?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Maybe you guys are slow because of the time of year. Spring is just arriving, so everyone will be out soon. It will pick up....get ready:P

Nope.  I have almost 20 years of historic data.  The last 6 months have been unusually slow for me.  We were killin it the first 4 months of last year compared to this one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, USNRET said:

The cars are SOOOO good these days they don't break?

Um, no.  Something has slowed sales AND service down across most car lines around here.  I haven't seen it this slow for this long ever.  Other shops are echoing this, even the independents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

there was a knock at the front door. It was a Maryland State Trooper:P. He said there was a noise complaint and asked if we were playing music.

I keep waiting on that knock at the door myself.

I have to say my neighbors have been very good.

You must have really been crankin to get a state trooper. :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davis said:

I keep waiting on that knock at the door myself.

I have to say my neighbors have been very good.

I've had it twice (2 separate occasions).  Normally you get a warning and they let you know they REALLY don't want to come back a second time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Morning all just checking in.

We sent our eldest daughter and the grandkids to ocean for the week, so The Boss has been staying with her mom. She needs some time off. 

Same ol' stuff going on..... still not super busy at work.... it really needs to break free....

Well we finally pissed off a neighbor this past Saturday night. Don't know who it was. I know it wasn't the young couple from next door cuz they were over our house. 

We were pumping out the music on the JBL's and they were hitting hard. Had some old 90's rap with some crazy bass (Snoop Dogg, Fat Joe and Ice Cube). Once the young couple came over we turned the music down so we could talk and play the game they brought over. Five minutes after they got here there was a knock at the front door. It was a Maryland State Trooper:P. He said there was a noise complaint and asked if we were playing music. I said yea it was us. He said when he first pulled up he could hear it but couldn't tell what house it was coming out of. He was a few driveways down. He was still unsure that it was us cuz he said he was going to knock on a few more doors... I said " no my man it was us. I think he was confused cuz I wasn't some kid but some 50+ year old dude lol lol. 

I think the reason we got a complaint was we had the windows open and that sound travels. We've pumped the music like that before but we always have the windows closed. 

Check in later... a good day to all..

My Pissing off the Hood over the last few years has been the Bass.

NO problem with Type/Selection of tunes, No Problem with Volume.......it's the Bass.

Visits from LEO's has slowed to one or so a year since dialing back the Active.

12 x 15" woofs, i dont need much Bass

Now when the cop(s) show up, i tell-em i just got home, sorry officer, must be that dam kid of mine AGAIN

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Nope.  I have almost 20 years of historic data.  The last 6 months have been unusually slow for me.  We were killin it the first 4 months of last year compared to this one.

Maybe its the election, I know post and prior, many people are freaked out........and they should be.....

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Hmmm, wonder what it is. Could it be the economy doing well? People buying new? I know the economy is doing well in most areas, it's booming here. A few areas around San Antonio and Austin are the fastest growing areas of the country. My wife keeps pointing this out in an attempt to get me to move to Texas :D

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

We sent our eldest daughter and the grandkids to ocean for the week

In the past many times I felt like sending our kids and grandkids to the ocean, not the beach but out in the ocean ! :o:huh: 

5 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Well we finally pissed off a neighbor this past Saturday night. Don't know who it was. I know it wasn't the young couple from next door cuz they were over our house. 

We were pumping out the music on the JBL's and they were hitting hard. Had some old 90's rap with some crazy bass (Snoop Dogg, Fat Joe and Ice Cube). Once the young couple came over we turned the music down so we could talk and play the game they brought over. Five minutes after they got here there was a knock at the front door. It was a Maryland State Trooper:P. He said there was a noise complaint and asked if we were playing music. I said yea it was us. He said when he first pulled up he could hear it but couldn't tell what house it was coming out of. He was a few driveways down.

Well Congratulations, at least you didn't answer the door with a "pissin off the neighbors since 1946" T shirt, that would not have helped. 

It might have been a complaint about the type of music and less about the volume, :o just kidding, open windows will get you every time.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Hmmm, wonder what it is. Could it be the economy doing well? People buying new? I know the economy is doing well in most areas, it's booming here. A few areas around San Antonio and Austin are the fastest growing areas of the country. My wife keeps pointing this out in an attempt to get me to move to Texas :D

I think it's just slow, there was news story yesterday saying Harley Davidson was offering rebates on bikes because they are having a hard time clearing out the 2016 models from showrooms to make room for the 2017 models. It is the first time in the history of HD they have offered a rebate, it's that slow.

http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/StreetTalk/Harley-Davidson-motorcycle-backlog-rebate/2017/04/17/id/784788/

• Like 4

Afternoon gang

Nap was good, Carnitas on day two of slow cook.

Shopping the Bay, Chinese are  getting testy at their pricing lately.

We may be affecting their economy in some way.

Sun is out now for the first time in a week.

Nap sounds good.

14079893_848420878622572_6009200478393003287_n.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Davis said:

Were we live state troopers come out most of the time. I don't live in a "residential" type neighbor hood.. There's a busy main road that were on and the houses are not right on top of each other. Oh yea we were pushing those JBL's..... I really think it was because of the open windows.

2 hours ago, dtel said:

It might have been a complaint about the type of music and less about the volume, :o just kidding, open windows will get you every time.

There were quite a few "F" Bombs for sure and that might have something to do with it..... but yea the open window thing that's what did it.....

5 hours ago, minermark said:

NO problem with Type/Selection of tunes, No Problem with Volume.......it's the Bass.

Yea for real Mark..... the bass was nuts..... All I can think about is how the living room was acting like a compression chamber pumping the bass outside lol lol..... and I didn't have any subs playing....

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yea I think your right Carl.... something is going on..... the last time I remember it being this slow was when gas hit over $4.25 a gal and before that it was the housing market crash.

This time of year I should be pissed off cuz I have too much work...... and like your say it's not just one or two shops it's everywhere... The used car guys next to me are not doing real good...... But ya know I'm in town and I see restaurants are packed..... I see new house construction..... There's a guy down the street getting a in ground pool put in. I just don't know:blink:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

But ya know I'm in town and I see restaurants are packed..... I see new house construction..... There's a guy down the street getting a in ground pool put in. I just don't know:blink:

That's true.  They're building around here too and unemployment is pretty low.  It doesn't make sense.  People are spending money but it's not on automobile purchases or repairs.

• Like 2