Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We're still paying our part of the OVER 100k bill my daughter racked up last year.  She's accumulated over a quarter million dollars in medical expenses in her life.

Sorry to hear that, hope she's ok.

Sounds kind of like my dads bill, he was in the hospital for well over 6 months before and after a heart transplant, and he had insurance. His part was far from being paid off when he died a few years later, my mother paid on it for years until she died. With insurance his rejection medicine alone was over $600 a month.

• Like 4

• Moderators

This was in the news today, bose spying.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/04/19/bose-headphones-have-been-spying-on-their-customers-lawsuit-claims/?utm_term=.049c68992202

Part of the story..........

Bose knows what you're listening to.

At least that's the claim of a proposed class-action lawsuit filed late Tuesday in Illinois that accuses the high-end audio equipment maker of spying on its users and selling information about their listening habits without permission.

The main plaintiff in the case is Kyle Zak, who bought a $350 pair of wireless Bose headphones last month. He registered the headphones, giving the company his name and email address, as well as the headphone serial number. And he download the Bose Connect app, which the company said would make the headphones more useful by adding functions such as the ability to customize the level of noise cancellation in the headphones.

But it turns out the app was also telling Bose a lot more about Zak than he bargained for.

According to the complaint, Bose collected information that was not covered by its privacy policy. This included the names of the audio files its customers were listening to:

Defendant programmed its Bose Connect app to continuously record the contents of the electronic communications that users send to their Bose Wireless Products from their smartphones, including the names of the music and audio tracks they select to play along with the corresponding artist and album information, together with the Bose Wireless Product’s serial numbers (collectively, “Media Information”).

Combined with the registration information, that gave Bose access to personally identifiable information that Zak and other never agreed to share, the complaint says. Listening data can be very personal, particularly if users are listening to podcasts or other audio files that could shade in information about their political preferences, health conditions or other interests, the complaint argues.

The filing also alleges that Bose wasn't just collecting the information. It was also sharing it with a data mining company called Segment.io, according to research conducted by Edelson, the Chicago-based law firm representing Zak.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I had a toe nail pulled at a podiatrist not too long ago (pictures available on request LOL!).  They checked my insurance and told me how much I would owe prior to the procedure as I haven't met my deductible this year.  They actually took my card as I was in the chair waiting on the procedure.  That was maybe 5 or 6 weeks ago?  I got an additional bill for more money this week.  That didn't set well. as I've already paid them what they asked and they checked my insurance before they touched me.  My wife works in medical records and is very familiar with insurance billing, much more so than I am.  One call from her and it was written off.

I'll take one !!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

I gotta tell ya Dirtmudd your fascination with toes, Carl's in particular, is a bit worrisome. If you are attending next week in Hope make sure you introduce yourself early on so I can wear appropriate closed toe shoes. 

don't worry I won't be able to make it...I'm not fascinated with Carl's 

smashed toe, but I'm not a snow flake like most...I don't get squeamish

that easy...

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

wood or metal. ? and what are you trying to make?

Going out to the Farms after the wifes Dental in the morning.

They shoot 17HMR's for their varmits, so i thought i tool up a bigger badder 17 Cal round for them, just messing with them

This has a 17Cal head attached to a 300 Remington 7mm casing......So metal lathe is what im up to.  

34033991061_cf3b9de902_z(2).jpg

• Like 5