Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

58 minutes ago, minermark said:

Going out to the Farms after the wifes Dental in the morning.

They shoot 17HMR's for their varmits, so i thought i tool up a bigger badder 17 Cal round for them, just messing with them

This has a 17Cal head attached to a 300 Remington 7mm casing......So metal lathe is what im up to.  

34033991061_cf3b9de902_z(2).jpg

I use this for vermin

later I will post what happened..when I bought this in 97..at the gun show..

• Like 1

Farmers are always wanting the newest big/bad/fast round.

Messing with them, i do.

1st left to right is 17HRM rimfire they shoot everyday.

2ed, middle round is a Rem17 centerfire, real round, fast as hell and expensive.

3rd is my creation, will be telling them this is the "Newest 17" round i found.......

And just to pursue my BS, on the Bay i just ordered up a 50 Cal and a 20MM casing to mod into a 17. 

34007594272_f79be69ee2_z(1).jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dtel said:

This was in the news today, bose spying.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/04/19/bose-headphones-have-been-spying-on-their-customers-lawsuit-claims/?utm_term=.049c68992202

Part of the story..........

Bose knows what you're listening to.

At least that's the claim of a proposed class-action lawsuit filed late Tuesday in Illinois that accuses the high-end audio equipment maker of spying on its users and selling information about their listening habits without permission.

The main plaintiff in the case is Kyle Zak, who bought a $350 pair of wireless Bose headphones last month. He registered the headphones, giving the company his name and email address, as well as the headphone serial number. And he download the Bose Connect app, which the company said would make the headphones more useful by adding functions such as the ability to customize the level of noise cancellation in the headphones.

But it turns out the app was also telling Bose a lot more about Zak than he bargained for.

According to the complaint, Bose collected information that was not covered by its privacy policy. This included the names of the audio files its customers were listening to:

Defendant programmed its Bose Connect app to continuously record the contents of the electronic communications that users send to their Bose Wireless Products from their smartphones, including the names of the music and audio tracks they select to play along with the corresponding artist and album information, together with the Bose Wireless Product’s serial numbers (collectively, “Media Information”).

Combined with the registration information, that gave Bose access to personally identifiable information that Zak and other never agreed to share, the complaint says. Listening data can be very personal, particularly if users are listening to podcasts or other audio files that could shade in information about their political preferences, health conditions or other interests, the complaint argues.

The filing also alleges that Bose wasn't just collecting the information. It was also sharing it with a data mining company called Segment.io, according to research conducted by Edelson, the Chicago-based law firm representing Zak.

Damn yo beat me to it>>>LOL ....Cheers folks :emotion-44::emotion-46::emotion-22:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, minermark said:

If Mark comes out west, he can "Have" this one, (Slot-Not the speakers) the only one the Farmers have that does not work.

Eprom was wiped with Batt loss, no one in Nevada is willing to kick down a chip/program.

15005690561_03ba8e0855.jpg

Mine isn’t as serious of a problem as you have trying to get that chip.  Mine is a 1982 Balley’s Double-Up dollar machine.

My initial problem was the third wheel kept spinning. messing around trying figure out the brake for that wheel. accidentally got it locked; but, then the other two unlocked and i can’t pull the handle. i was being kind to myself when i said i wasn’t mechanically inclined--moving parts defy me.  Sure is a fun piece to have around when working. I know the fix is simple because i’ve been in Vegas back in the day and this same problem happened, the tech would open it and five seconds later the machine was working fine.  I just don’t know what he was doing to fix it. No owners manual for it either. 

• Like 5

I would like to think that I would not make fun of family but this photo of trailer house, women in cowboy boots and a cuz that looks like he's wearing rubber boots struck me as, as, well real in my part of town. One wouldn't think that the 'rubber boot' wearing bridegroom owns a golf course.

Wedding.JPG

• Like 3

8 hours ago, USNRET said:

I would like to think that I would not make fun of family but this photo of trailer house, women in cowboy boots and a cuz that looks like he's wearing rubber boots struck me as, as, well real in my part of town. One wouldn't think that the 'rubber boot' wearing bridegroom owns a golf course.

But those were his good rubber boots.

• Like 1

First cup of coffee down. Now off to take the grandson to school. Then later this morning I continue the job of putting up wainscot on the living room ceiling, at my friend's mom's house. This not having a job sure is tiring.

By the way, I will be in Hope on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

• Like 6

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Wardsweb said:

First cup of coffee down. Now off to take the grandson to school. Then later this morning I continue the job of putting up wainscot on the living room ceiling, at my friend's mom's house. This not having a job sure is tiring.

By the way, I will be in Hope on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Can't wait to see you @Wardsweb!  

Don't work too hard at not having a 9-5 job. You may find self employment very fulfilling!  

• Like 2

Morning gang

Welp im up, been up for hours, little sleep.

Wife going in for the Big Dental op in a few hours and is sleeping sound, me, Coffee, Freaking out, More Coffee.....:blink:

Wondering just what in the hell im going to do wile she is in there :o

16831052_10208946089836201_8487706310747844042_n.jpg

• Like 5