Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

33 minutes ago, billybob said:

Damn hell of a note. Sounds like a hellaciousiually hell of a state.

If I'm following your reference correctly, please, please, don't mistake what I'm saying as representative of Washington in it's entirety.  Believe me, it's a great, beautiful place to live.  Tons of quality individuals here.  Anyone that's been here, or lives here, will tell you the same.  I was generalizing as to the parents/kids that are fitting of the previous posts.  Sorry, I jumped on a bit of soap box. 

I'm subjected to more of these stories because of the kids my wife works with.  I get fired up when I think of kids with plenty of potential being sold short by their own parents.  As far as half of my 7th graders class failing, my other daughters 8th grade, and the 6th grade class, are fine. It's just a bad pocket of parents with the 7th graders.  I guarantee you that you could find my analogy in every part of the country.

Anyway, hope everyone has a better day tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Tomorrow I'll be homeless.

becoming more of a reality for me. 

i have to be out of here in three weeks...still don’t have a place to live. today decided that i need to make another trip to Oregon for house hunting. if i can’t secure something then, my stuff goes into storage and i hit the road ... or something.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i have to be out of here in three weeks...still don’t have a place to live. today decided that i need to make another trip to Oregon for house hunting. if i can’t secure something then, my stuff goes into storage and i hit the road ... or something.

Be the road warrior, not the night rider.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

That kinda sucks.  Where are you looking at going to in Oregon?  I cover the eastern edge with my job, and I know the rep that has the rest of the state real well.  We could come up with some areas, recommendations if you like.  What kind of terrain, lifestyle do you like?  Quiet country with mountains, or city?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

decided on central oregon already ... just need to find a rental.  I don’t want to buy right away...just in case i decide i don’t like it there. hopefully los angeles washes out of my system quickly.

Bend is pretty cool.  Stayed there a couple of years ago.  Has good amenities. Growing quite a bit.  New construction, but nowhere near the headaches of LA.   

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You'll quickly find out that no one else gives a tinker's dime about the lakers.

Your killing me with the responses.  You seem to have a bit of a, well obvious, satirical side to you, I can appreciate that.  Awnry is a quality trait.  I've been accused of possessing a bit of that myself.  I can only imagine what your other 19,000+ posts read like.  No, I'm not going to go back and read them..   

• Like 2

@billybob  Like the profile pick of "The Scream".  It's probably what most of us would turn into reading oldtimer's past posts.  Throw some blonde hair and a couple of womanly curves on the poor soul in the painting and it would also be like my wife when I start talking about buying new gear. 

• Like 3

Oh yeah, had to think for a sec or 2. Yes man, Oldtimer was here before I. Takes a bit and less for others to understand. Far as subject is concerned, think I could talk him out of a small sample of his "Real"...hot stuff. No your good or even better  so welcome some more as I am being welcomed. At least not ejected. Barely know but would like...

• Like 4