Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Question for those that may know, after reading BigStewMan's posts yesterday I had a grim thought.  He's not going homeless is he?  I thought he had a place set up.  There was a definite finality to his tone.  Maybe I'm reaching, but the thought did occur.

• Like 3

Just now, ACV92 said:

Question for those that may know, after reading BigStewMan's posts yesterday I had a grim thought.  He's not going homeless is he?  I thought he had a place set up.  There was a definite finality to his tone.  Maybe I'm reaching, but the thought did occur.

Let me answer that for myself.  Thanks for the concern; but, no i’m not homeless and i’m not broke. I’ve lived here in this madness longer than i’ve lived anywhere else. The future is a blank canvas, and i’m not sure what picture i will paint. I’ll definitely be off the forum for a while; how long, i don’t know. 

There is so much that i want to do. The past several years, since my divorce, have been pretty boring. I’m ready to venture back out into the world and start living again--and i sure hope that involves a lot less time on my computer.  I got a venture in the works, i got more guitars than i need that should be played, and countless half-written projects to finish. 

so, i’m fine...thanks for asking. if my travels take me through eastern washington i’ll tip my hat in your honor.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Let me answer that for myself.  Thanks for the concern; but, no i’m not homeless and i’m not broke. I’ve lived here in this madness longer than i’ve lived anywhere else. The future is a blank canvas, and i’m not sure what picture i will paint. I’ll definitely be off the forum for a while; how long, i don’t know. 

There is so much that i want to do. The past several years, since my divorce, have been pretty boring. I’m ready to venture back out into the world and start living again--and i sure hope that involves a lot less time on my computer.  I got a venture in the works, i got more guitars than i need that should be played, and countless half-written projects to finish. 

so, i’m fine...thanks for asking. if my travels take me through eastern washington i’ll tip my hat in your honor.

Good to here sir.  Nothing wrong with turning the page, and any subsequent ones.  Well, fill the bucket with as many list items as you can.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

There is so much that i want to do.

I know this is not like you, but it sounds exciting really. 

It's like you have been set free, you can go anywhere you want and do whatever you want, no time constraints.  Store your "stuff" and take a drive. :emotion-21:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I know this is not like you, but it sounds exciting really. 

It's like you have been set free, you can go anywhere you want and do whatever you want, no time constraints.  Store your "stuff" and take a drive. :emotion-21:

Thanks Man ... it’s been a long road thus far. Some here may understand, others won’t. The road hasn’t just been long, it’s been lonely -- ever been surrounded by people yet feel alone? That’s my life. Don’t get me wrong, it all hasn’t been bad--i’ve done some cool things and met some great people; but, when the spotlights not on you, it would be nice to be happy. I’ve faked it long enough. I’m halfway there. a friend that knows me kinda well told me (about me leaving) “you know that wherever you go -- you’ll still be there.” That stung at first; but, i get it -- i have to make peace with myself. I want to do that--not so much for me; but, there is a certain someone that deserves a better me than the me of today. Not that I’m a bad guy--just that happiness has eluded me and i know now that it’s somewhere inside of me--it’s gotta be. 

I’ll be alright. It’s been a crazy ride at times -- no logical reason why i should still be alive; but, here I am and there is a reason for it.  So, while I'm living a life of gratitude, i’m hoping that someday my purpose will be revealed and that happiness will be a part of it. No more Grimaldi the Clown. It’s time to heal man--i hope it doesn’t take long (I’m impatient), who knows, i may end up even crazier than i am now -- if so, I’ll come back to the forum with more stories. I’m rather excited.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, USNRET said:

Pardon me while I brag a bit. And speaking of mail-persons we received some letters today.

BIG Congrats to my son who received his acceptance letter from Spohn Hospital today. He will be an accredited 'volunteer' for the summer. Application for cardiac unit assignment pending.

Double duty on the congrats, he has also been accepted to his high school program where he will do double classes at the hospital next year; success equals LVN out of high school. He has been taking college level classes in high school, sits in on Texas A&M robotics courses and desires to be a cardiologist. More power to you son!

Full steam ahead to med school!

Congrats, sounds like your son is well motivated and concentrating on his future. I'm always saying..... there are still good kids out there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Thanks Man ... it’s been a long road thus far. Some here may understand, others won’t. The road hasn’t just been long, it’s been lonely -- ever been surrounded by people yet feel alone? That’s my life. Don’t get me wrong, it all hasn’t been bad--i’ve done some cool things and met some great people; but, when the spotlights not on you, it would be nice to be happy. I’ve faked it long enough. I’m halfway there. a friend that knows me kinda well told me (about me leaving) “you know that wherever you go -- you’ll still be there.” That stung at first; but, i get it -- i have to make peace with myself. I want to do that--not so much for me; but, there is a certain someone that deserves a better me than the me of today. Not that I’m a bad guy--just that happiness has eluded me and i know now that it’s somewhere inside of me--it’s gotta be. 

I’ll be alright. It’s been a crazy ride at times -- no logical reason why i should still be alive; but, here I am and there is a reason for it.  So, while I'm living a life of gratitude, i’m hoping that someday my purpose will be revealed and that happiness will be a part of it. No more Grimaldi the Clown. It’s time to heal man--i hope it doesn’t take long (I’m impatient), who knows, i may end up even crazier than i am now -- if so, I’ll come back to the forum with more stories. I’m rather excited.

Well Steve you know I wish you the best whatever direction life takes.  Be sure to jot down my contact info just in case....you know for something like bail money:P  We've shared a PM or three and know a little about each other that the screen never tells.  I like to think we will always stay in touch.  Timing sucks as I will be visiting a bud in LA for Labor Day and we could have met at Del Tacos for a bite.  Have fun, be careful, and remember your pass word!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, USNRET said:

Pardon me while I brag a bit. And speaking of mail-persons we received some letters today.

BIG Congrats to my son who received his acceptance letter from Spohn Hospital today. He will be an accredited 'volunteer' for the summer. Application for cardiac unit assignment pending.

Double duty on the congrats, he has also been accepted to his high school program where he will do double classes at the hospital next year; success equals LVN out of high school. He has been taking college level classes in high school, sits in on Texas A&M robotics courses and desires to be a cardiologist. More power to you son!

Full steam ahead to med school!

Wow!  I have known you and Carl on here for about 12 years and would never have guessed either of you could turn out such smart, productive members of society:lol:  That said I guess congrats are in order as your kids some how defied the gene pool and excelled.

Seriously though......you guys did good!

• Like 4

Morning gang      ----Coffee X 3

12+ hours on the farm, today looks the same.:o

Farmers play hard, Drink hard, and i can barley keep up with these Dutch most are a few years older than me.

Equip, Air over elect, air over Hyd, elect over Hyd, Farm implements are interesting, these guys can make anything leak:o

All the dusters are maintained by a local service guy (Me), Thy all work just fine. :emotion-21:

Loading cooler / truck for yet another day........:rolleyes:

coffee-gif1.gif

• Like 5