Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Luther tells about the speakers and how do you like the Outlaw? 

I got the Jakester clean and the went on a search for my graduation year book.  Found it and many other things in a cabinet I had not looked through in years.  50th high school reunion in September!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

My wife went out of town for mother's day. I got the gift of staying home and playing in my audio sandbox. Here is a picture of the sun room with the Outlaw Audio RR2150 I just got from dloc13. Kind of over kill for the horns but the little yellow speakers love the power.

What are the 'War of the Worlds' looking mains on either side of the little yellow guys?  Definitely a funky look.  Very cool.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Love it!  But, I see a pair of empty shelves!  :huh:.....................................................:lol:

There was an Olive music server and a tuner. The Outlaw has its own tuner, so I took that out and the server hard drive crashed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Luther tells about the speakers and how do you like the Outlaw? 

I got the Jakester clean and the went on a search for my graduation year book.  Found it and many other things in a cabinet I had not looked through in years.  50th high school reunion in September!

I like the outlaw. It allowed me to remove the tuner and phono pre to clear some space. It also has plenty of power to bring the yellow Mar and Daniel speakers to life.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

What are the 'War of the Worlds' looking mains on either side of the little yellow guys?  Definitely a funky look.  Very cool.

The speakers are 1968 JBL C50 Olympus. I replaced the metal horn with custom CNC machined bubinga smith horns. I then added the JBL 2405 tweeter to the top.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

My wife went out of town for mother's day. I got the gift of staying home and playing in my audio sandbox. Here is a picture of the sun room with the Outlaw Audio RR2150 I just got from dloc13. Kind of over kill for the horns but the little yellow speakers love the power.

sunroom051417.jpg

success-kid-sandbox-rule-23-dont-play-with-my-toys.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

The speakers are 1968 JBL C50 Olympus. I replaced the metal horn with custom CNC machined bubinga smith horns. I then added the JBL 2405 tweeter to the top.

single or dual woofers? nice set up!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, minermark said:

Good  Monday Morning Gang 

Easy day, nothing really planned, gearing up for Stone work.

Molds coming in for RiverRock weekly, one more set to go.

Coffee, 70s......

Full weight concrete or are you using anything lightweight?

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, babadono said:

Just got in from 2 days weed whacking and spraying round up....

Two days, I would be worn out, I hate weed wacking, now spraying I have alot of practice with. I do not bend over to pull a weed, it's much easier to walk around every couple of weeks and spray any weeds in the walkways and gardens. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

Two days, I would be worn out, I hate weed wacking, now spraying I have alot of practice with. I do not bend over to pull a weed, it's much easier to walk around every couple of weeks and spray any weeds in the walkways and gardens. 

do you use diesel ..I hear it works great..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

Worn out? Check. But the fire danger is just too great to "let it grow". Killed a rattlesnake the other day just lazily hanging out against the side of the house on top of the rockbed.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

do you use diesel ..I hear it works great..

Not really good to use diesel, but anything with glyphosate works better. Diesel can soak into the ground and kill or hurt any other plants or tree roots under the ground and doesn't last very long for surface weeds. It's ok to spray diesel on treated fence boards if not painted and what drips off can help with weeds along a fence if there are no plant or tree roots in the ground there.

Roundup's active ingredient is glyphosate, but the best/cheaper way to buy it is with off brands like the brands at feed stores, like Hi-yield brand of any other off brand with the same chemical, (not paying for a brand name) buy the concentrate not pre mixed which is a ripoff.

The only thing is don't spray yourself, (not great for you) you can spray the leaf of any plant you want to kill even if it's right on the side of a plant you want to keep. It's Systemic, it's absorbed through the leaf and kills even the roots, what it really does is starves the weed by no allowing photosynthesis, only killing the weed/plant you spray it on.   

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

Worn out? Check. But the fire danger is just too great to "let it grow". Killed a rattlesnake the other day just lazily hanging out against the side of the house on top of the rockbed.

Just in case it became less lazy.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, babadono said:

Fire around the house is not good, or rattlesnakes :o  

I hate weed whacking, for one it's not fun and the other you have to wear long pants or it really hurts. I wear long pants only when I have to, it get's hot down here, besides dress pants I only have two pair of jeans :o I hate long pants. Ok i'm old and spoiled and like to be comfortable.

Edit; it's not like I have much around here with weeds growing, but when I shaped the gardens and everything else I did it so it all has long curves that can be cut with a 6' finishing mower behind a tractor, I just cut around everything and spray weeds that pop up in the gardens and walkways. All to not weed wack, which is hard work to me.

• Like 2