Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I might take off work early and watch IndyCar practice :D

You are starting to look a little sick, maybe you should let them know you're feeling bad, and quit smiling about it. :huh:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

You are starting to look a little sick, maybe you should let them know you're feeling bad, and quit smiling about it. :huh:

I like that. 

The best time to be at the Speedway is happy hour...sorry Dtell, not that kind:P

It's the last hour, from 5-6. A lot of activity. 

It's a special place. $10 gets you in, then you can walk about anywhere. I'll never get tired of that howling sound of an IndyCar entering turn one traveling over 300' per second. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I have never been,  only been to Indiana once.

I was there for a week but only went to a few audio stores, Klipsch HQ plus Michael Colter and Roger Chase house, I never even seen the city or the track.  

It was funny, driving along the interstate and all of a sudden the cornfields end and there you are indy, straight from farms to town.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I have only seen the videos of all the super bowl events all around the city that year, it's about as close to the city as I have seen.

Makes no difference I will never live in Indy, I hear a rumor it get's really cold there, off and on all winter, actually ice and snow falling from the sky and staying on the ground. Scary to think about, I don't even own the right clothes, or enough of clothes period to live in a place like that, good god I would have to buy long pants ! :o:ph34r::lol: Do y'all have eskimos in indy ? :unsure: Sorry couldn't help it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I might take off work early and watch IndyCar practice :D

Rats, I can not get off work tomorrow,

I always go at least to fast Friday, but I am going to Chicago Thursday to see the Reds v. Cubs and not sure when I will be back Friday.

Happy hour is not quite the same since Daylight Saving Time. They need to shutdown the track at 7pm now.

Do not forget the Mecum auction is in town.

Indy is a busy place right now.

Plus a bunch of great concerts this entire month of May as well

• Like 4

• Moderators

That's funny.

I have to tell you a story. We went to Tennessee once and Michael was with us, it was over a Christmas Holiday. It snowed alot while we were there and everything was frozen, we were frozen in and couldn't leave the cabin on the top of a mountain for 3 days because the steep roads were iced over.  Michael had parked his car at the bottom and well all road up in a couple other cars. When they finally cleared the road we went to town to get more supplies. Michael wanted to move his car and opened the trunk and pulled out this thing and started scraping the ice off the windshield.  He looked at me and said, "I live in Indy, this is what people use to remove the ice, I know you probably never seen one before but it's an ice scraper as he held it up laughing", at me. :lol:

He and his girlfriend come down here to go on cruises with us since we are an hour from the port.  This usually happens in the winter, they pull up and it's say 40 degrees here and I am wearing a jacket and they get out in T shirts saying how nice it is and making fun at me for being cold. It happened  more than once. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Davis said:

Come back some time in the summer and I will give you and Christy the tour of the city.

If I ever get back to Indy I will look a few of you up, that would be fun. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I like that. 

The best time to be at the Speedway is happy hour...sorry Dtell, not that kind:P

It's the last hour, from 5-6. A lot of activity. 

It's a special place. $10 gets you in, then you can walk about anywhere. I'll never get tired of that howling sound of an IndyCar entering turn one traveling over 300' per second. 

We Really miss F1 at Indy. Wife and I were there 5 times I believe. And back to your Turn 1 comment for my money, other than the live sound of Top Fuel cars, when F1 used V10's that would Scream at 19000 RPM and they would downshift entering the turn were like explosions each shift. You could easily hear them outside the track and send shivers down your back. The new 

"power plants" suck in comparison. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richieb said:

We Really miss F1 at Indy. Wife and I were there 5 times I believe. And back to your Turn 1 comment for my money, other than the live sound of Top Fuel cars, when F1 used V10's that would Scream at 19000 RPM and they would downshift entering the turn were like explosions each shift. You could easily hear them outside the track and send shivers down your back. The new 

"power plants" suck in comparison. 

Those care were at full throttle for 20 seconds, there's wasn't another track with that long of a straight.

Yes, those cars did sound spectacular.

• Like 3