Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Looks great Luther, it looks like you have spent to much time in the plant, professionally done. 

That is some wild looking veneer, it looks 3D in the picture, they will be one of a kind. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We'll looks who's back from Boston !

Ha!  It's been a LONG time - in the last six weeks - separate trips to Atlanta, Michigan and Texas.  I'm tired - and have a lot of miles.  One day - I'm coming to Hope!  But for now - I'm drinking coffee and listening to Frank Sinatra.  That's random - but it's fitting the bill today!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I didn't see ya down here. Stuck up much? No visiting the peasants......

Within spittin distance!  I waited for your jet to pick me up but...

I had some BBQ and delightful Chile Rellenos!  Mercy - I would gain weight in a HURRY down there!  ... and that sweet tea...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, akdave said:

Within spittin distance!  I waited for your jet to pick me up but...

I had some BBQ and delightful Chile Rellenos!  Mercy - I would gain weight in a HURRY down there!  ... and that sweet tea...

I had it idling on the ramp for a while but the stew and I had a little get together planned so it came back home sans U.

Tea; I do half and half iced tea. Georgia puts way too much sugar in and now I lean to the unsweet side of middle.
Sun tea anyone?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Bunn tea here.  One family sized bag of Luzianne, in the basket with a coffee filter.  Clear as a bell.

I have gotten to where I fill the coffee urn up with water from the under sink heater and drop a family size Lipton in it for a few then dilute to color.

• Like 2

Made another round of Farewell visits tonight.  dinner with some friends from Church...some that i’ve known for over 20 years. 

At the house of my former golfing buddy--sadly, this feels like the last time that i will see him. He used to be a powerful longshoreman. Shaking his hand was like putting your hand in a vice. 6’5” and strong.  Now cancer has ravaged his body and he’s just a shell of himself.  He got winded just standing up to take a picture.

Cancer started about 7 years ago in his prostrate. Spread to his spine, then colon; Monday they just found out that it’s in his lung. As I gave him a hug goodbye, i told him to get better and come visit me--he said, “i think getting better is out of the question."

A very fun evening with a heartbreaking goodbye.

• Like 6

Morning all.

Yea BSM sorry to hear about your friend. That's some tuff chitt. I lost a friend some years back to cancer. He was only 33. He was one of those good guys... man he would do anything for ya. Testicular cancer... He one removed and was doing good for about a year then it cam back. We ran into him one night and he was a shell of a man. After we spoke and that last hug I knew that was the last time I would ever see him. 

I have a pic of him hanging in the shop.... and when I'm having a chitt day and I"m thinking how "bad" I got it...... I'll look at that pic, and then it slaps me in my face that I'm OK and I'm lucky to be having a "chitt" day!

Yes was a good day in China Town. Weather was great. 

Really starting to heat up.... put the window A/C's in last night. Gonna be in the 90's today...

OK grandson on the bus..... gonna roll out and get it done.... a good day to all. Will post pics of the EV's... really great shape, and the guy gave me a bunch of cables and poles to mount my other EV's to the subs. Might give em a work out this weekend on the deck:D

and I'll be breaking out the Tiki's and the Tiki statues that @oldtimer likes so much...

MKP :-)

• Like 7