Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

LF in Maryland for a wedding.  I'm here with Jake.  Doing the Atkin's diet again so just put a big Porterhouse on the grill.  Jake gets the bone.  A little time in the Bubble and watched This Old House with three fingers of bourbon.  Hot here so I cut the grass with the new Honda before ten this morning.  Tomorrow I'm going to plant LF's hydrangea and then maybe clean the engine in the Bubble.  Just ordered some clay bars and Microfiber towels for the body and glass.  Will test a bit on the Volvo first. 

That's about it Gents........ 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ssh said:

CIGAR BARGAIN ALERT: If you enjoy a medium-bodied Dominican/Connecticut, check out Best Cigar Prices clearance 90% off boxes of 1492 Heritage- $40. If you don't find this price, PM me & I'll forward the email. I've just ordered three more boxes for the walk-in humidor.

SSH

My daughter is >In Port Cuba< at this time, and you want to sell me what?

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Huge storm last night with heavy rain, high winds and massive thunder. The air is still now and light rain this morning. Working on my second cup of French roast. 

That is one good looking yard, very nice.

• Like 2

64 and rain here currently. The rain is leaving, so there will be final qualifications for the Indy 500 later. Sebastian Bordais hit the wall yesterday at 218 mph, and with an impact of over 200 Gs. He hit on the right front. He has a shattered pelvis, broken hip, and a broken bone in his foot. It's amazing they can survive hitting that hard, 15 years ago and he wouldn't have made it.

Have a great day....

• Like 1

Morning gang

Appears the weather is calming throughout the states, except moonshine country.

High pressure here continuing, weather Drama Queens keep telling us its going to be hot Monday.

We are having an "Inversion" dead still warm air buildup in our backyards.

That means if someone farts three houses down, it's like it's in front of you.

That being known, the wife and i stepped outside last night around 10Pm and WHAM, Meth Lab Cookin:o

The Burbs are NOT a normal place for this kind of action, cannot place just exactly where it was coming from,

but well within half dozen houses within my backyard view. 

18199116_1366962136725437_2523797574859122898_n.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Hopefully you don't have a Walter White in your neighborhood.

It's been years since i smelled "The Oder" and it only lasted maybe 5Min, but it was there.

If anyone is wondering what this smells like, think back when you scre - wed up dumping bleech into something,

Like that, but 50 X worse, you will know.

• Like 2

Yesterday we drove three hours to Grand Haven to see nephew Nick's new house and to visit with his brother Sam and his family, on their way to his new posting in Rio Vista, CA. Sam is a USCG CPO.  Sorry @BigStewMan, time and weather prevented the promised selfie in front of the USCG station.  The attached photo is from 2014 USCG Festival.

During the trip, We listened to the 50th reunion playlist using Pono player into AUX input.  My wife's assignment was to use printout to record the order in which each of 218 songs played.  We want to see how random Pono's "shuffle" mode is.  After more than 50 songs, not a single repeat.  Unfortunately, a technical glitch forced a restart.  Within the next 4 songs there were two repeats from the prior 50.  Apparently, the Pono algorithm keeps track of songs recently played to avoid repeats.  The restart seems to have lost that memory, which resulted in repeats.

The first reunion at which the playlist will be used through La Scalas is July 29.  The only work to be done is to figure out why a few bars of Surf City by Jan & Dean precede, or follow, another song occasionally.  Although a classic song, Surf City is not in the playlist.  Hearing "Two girls for every boy" and then another song is disappointing.  I suspect it's always the same song(s) that have the Surf City intro attached to it, at the end or the beginning.  

image.jpeg

• Like 1