Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just now, richieb said:

Well, thanks I guess. That was 3:20 seconds of my life I'll never get back. I used the time remaining of the video to stare out the window and watch my grass grow - time better spent. 

you should of rolled up your grass . then smoked it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

This is in a neighborhood with Million dollar homes.  Seem to have read that Ford wheels are especially prone to this sort of theft.

20170523_113316 (Mobile).jpg

Well, at least they tried to get it up off the rotors.  Thieves with a conscience, I don't think so.  Leverage was their need to pilfer.  Actually, kind of angers me, I hate thieves.  My family was robbed 4 times in Nipomo, CA back in the day.  We lived on 10 acres in a single wide mobile home, prime for the pickin'.  Nothing like coming home and finding all of your stuff ransacked.  You just feel dirty.

• Like 3

Evening gang

80 Degrees @ 10Pm.

In from the farm run and started preparing the Dodge, good 4 Hrs prep for 1st trip of the year.

Last thing i had to do was check/Balance all tire pressures, passenger side / inside tire flat as road kill.:o No Biggie.

Hummmm, thought i heard something strange on the way home, but with Calif Chit roads its hard to tell sometimes.

I carry a new spare, so throw that on in the morning and get a new one in Reno....... :cool:

18222496_1364991253589192_8840290928821755794_n.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, minermark said:

Evening gang

80 Degrees @ 10Pm.

In from the farm run and started preparing the Dodge, good 4 Hrs prep for 1st trip of the year.

Last thing i had to do was check/Balance all tire pressures, passenger side / inside tire flat as road kill.:o No Biggie.

Hummmm, thought i heard something strange on the way home, but with Calif Chit roads its hard to tell sometimes.

I carry a new spare, so throw that on in the morning and get a new one in Reno....... :cool:

Checking tire pressures should not be the last thing you do, it should be the first thing you do in the AM.  All tire pressures are recommended at a 'Cold' rating.  Best to check them in the AM when they're not warmed up.  PSI will increase with heat, driving, so setting PSI when they're warm is a No-No.  Believe me, it matters.  I drive a ton, so forgive me for throwing a little 'Mom' at you.  Just trying to keep you safe.  Love, Mom.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Us also, haven't been here much lately and not much chance of it happening anytime soon. 

Is it a good 'On the Road Again' or necessity driven?  Being on the road for vacation, fun, is one thing, but being on the road for work, well, kind of wears me out.  So many times I wished that the family was with me on my ventures.  It would change the whole dynamic of the drive.  If you're traveling for fun, hats off to you.  If it's necessity driven, well, more power to you, it's a grind.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Well kind of both, going back to Hope to work on the museum, Volunteer of course.

The bad part, about 7 hours each way, the good part is we will be with friends until Sunday when we leave. That would be nothing for a truck driver or someone who drives alot for work, but it seems the older I get the less I like to drive/ride. But your right, being with my wife and going to be with friends makes it easier.

It probably wouldn't feel so bad but just a few days ago we drove to 5 hours to North Louisiana to watch our youngest daughter graduate and walk across the stage, our last of 3 girls to graduate from college, she is going to be a teacher for special ed kids.

Now we have to go back the same route but 2 hours further, I'm not complaining but I do love to be home. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Checking tire pressures should not be the last thing you do, it should be the first thing you do in the AM.  All tire pressures are recommended at a 'Cold' rating.  Best to check them in the AM when they're not warmed up.  PSI will increase with heat, driving, so setting PSI when they're warm is a No-No.  Believe me, it matters.  I drive a ton, so forgive me for throwing a little 'Mom' at you.  Just trying to keep you safe.  Love, Mom.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, minermark said:

Evening gang

80 Degrees @ 10Pm.

18222496_1364991253589192_8840290928821755794_n.png

images.jpg.53d750911107287e9f7530a1b6b01a55.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ACV92 said:
9 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Well, at least they tried to get it up off the rotors

My guess is they didn't give a damn about the rotors or the rest of the car; they merely needed enough clearance to extract their floor Jack.

• Like 2