Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

First coat of finishing oil on. Several more go on over the next few days.

Even if you had drivers in them I think I'd still be staring at the finish.  It's mesmerizing.  I say again, very cool.

• Like 5

I Good Thursday morning.

Enjoying a cup of Sam's Club Colombian.   Fortunately, the coffee is quite good.  I took a chance buying a large bag of whole bean coffee without sampling it first.

image.jpeg

Drat.  Just noticed the screen is cracked on my heritage iPad.  Must have loaded too much coal.  Still works for now.  Luckily I recently won an iPad at a business meeting.

• Like 4

On 05/20/2017 at 2:53 PM, minermark said:

2A3's

When i used to run these, i cranked BACK the bass and these are dam near perfect tone :emotion-21:

I believe this is why my LaScalas souned so good, too. Just had that elusive 'synergy' where the magic happened. Along with pulling the mids down and physically aligning the mid and tweeter, they sounded simply incredible.

Bruce

• Like 2

On this day — May 26

th?id=ABTC3D398D9A52B32736F3ED629E5564A67E5229868F4528853CAC17BEBF33BDB7F&w=520&h=180&c=2&rs=1

©

American 'witch' hanged'Dracula' publishedKnievel's UK jumpAustralia apologizes

Before a crowd of 70,000, daredevil Evel Knievel attempts to jump his motorcycle over 13 buses at London's Wembley Stadium. As he lands, he’s thrown onto the concrete, sustaining multiple serious injuries. Hobbling back up onto the launch ramp, Knievel tells the crowd, 'I will never, ever, ever jump again. I'm through.' Six months later, he will indeed jump again.  

• Like 3

It's been a Klipsch Forum afternoon.  First a package arrived from Marty @thebes with a 71  year-old record he wants some help preserving (see Marty's thread "Interesting Album and a Request For Help" at

The first photo shows the bonus Marty included, an unopened Pablo label Count Basie album.  The other shows the record that is being preserved.  

While enjoying a beer, I began servicing one of my Technics TTs to see if I have a functioning spare for @The History Kid.  The answer to that question won't be known until later this weekend.

My phone rang and it was @ClaudeJ1 regarding my request to audition his latest MEH (Multiple Entry Horn) system.   Must try to hear those speakers soon, hopefully this weekend.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

It's been a Klipsch Forum afternoon.  First a package arrived from Marty @thebes with a 71  year-old record he wants some help preserving (see Marty's thread "Interesting Album and a Request For Help").

The first photo shows the bonus Marty included, an unopened Pablo label Count Basie album.  The other shows the record that is being preserved.  

While enjoying a beer, I began servicing one of my Technics TTs to see if I have a functioning spare for @The History Kid.  The answer to that question won't be known until later this weekend.

My phone rang and it was @ClaudeJ1 regarding my request to audition his latest MEH (Multiple Entry Horn) system.   Must try to hear those speakers soon, hopefully this weekend.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

what's in the dead wax ?

• Like 3