Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, Wardsweb said:

The top with some natural light gives a better idea of the real color. Still the sun light on the left lightens the color and with less light on the right, darkens it. The red tint in the middle is a reflection off the wall.

top.jpg

What kind of wood is that?  Awesome!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarlMay said:

Luther, Here a couple pics of the speakers that you donated to the museum for the auction at the Pilgrimage.  Thanks for doing that, it was a quality move on your behalf.

Carl May, (the other Carl)

HIII Signed  1.jpg

Those are super cool!

• Like 3

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Carl May, (the other Carl)

That's funny.

Love the signatures, it's history, plus it was a cool thing to buy those.

Looks like you have quite the collection. :emotion-21:

• Like 2

Morning gang

Took care of the "New Fangled Ramp" problem yesterday.

Iv always been one to buy kinky/new/different, this time i was right when looking at them before purchase.

No Biggie as you can see, traded them out for a pair of straight ones, they work like a champ.

Notice on these "Curvy Things" there is NO right way really without asking for the front end to come up on Ya wile loading.

34370125274_b773be8fb3_z(1).jpg

34370133164_7a96850e60_z(1).jpg

• Like 4

That's a real head scratcher. When I built some of those, I added a trap door. I dado'd out a slot for it to set in with overlapping opposite dado. Used a couple small screws to hold it in place. I duratexed right over the door to hopefully seal it better. If I ever blow a speaker and have to test the door, I will have to use a utility knife to cut through the duratex and take out the screws. I can only hope it works without damaging too much. It is on the back and a new coat of duratex hides a lot of sins.

As for your dilemma, I have come up with several in my mind that all seem like a bad idea. Might be easiest to just do the new connections and try not to blow a woofer. Cross that bridge when you come to it.

I can cut you a new one if you break something.

atap.thumb.jpg.063bef8ab0cca2d73c1ff4be0abadf1f.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

That's a real head scratcher. When I built some of those, I added a trap door. I dado'd out a slot for it to set in with overlapping opposite dado. Used a couple small screws to hold it in place. I duratexed right over the door to hopefully seal it better. If I ever blow a speaker and have to test the door, I will have to use a utility knife to cut through the duratex and take out the screws. I can only hope it works without damaging too much. It is on the back and a new coat of duratex hides a lot of sins.

As for your dilemma, I have come up with several in my mind that all seem like a bad idea. Might be easiest to just do the new connections and try not to blow a woofer. Cross that bridge when you come to it.

I can cut you a new one if you break something.

atap.thumb.jpg.063bef8ab0cca2d73c1ff4be0abadf1f.jpg

Mookie,  

Thanks for the reply.  I hope you won't mind if I paste your photo in the other thread.  I wish I had done something like this, but you know what they say about hindsight, which reminds me, I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy on Friday.

As to your offer, my wife has already offered to "cut me a new . . . one" on several occasions.

• Like 2

Morning gang

Boston / Joan Jett was exactly what you would want and hope for.

Ragin winery party is an understatment.

They are touring and googling "Boston Tour" will bring up the data

if they are coming to your neck of the woods.

Will likely reserve another concert coming in Bakersfield in a few weeks.

Donut / Deli / HD / Farm run.........;)

Boat Polish Boy today, i guess :rolleyes:

I made the mistake of responding to your post about wheelies without reading through the remaining thread... Others had already made the suggestion of backing up the ramps in reverse. I felt a little silly... like there was toilet paper stuck to my shoe, or something.

• Like 4