Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 minutes ago, Endo said:

I made the mistake of responding to your post about wheelies without reading through the remaining thread... Others had already made the suggestion of backing up the ramps in reverse. I felt a little silly... like there was toilet paper stuck to my shoe, or something.

Those curvy Ramps are bullchit.

I tried backing up them, not a good feeling halfway up, im too old for creepy feeling of danger.

Loaded with my trusty 2 X 10 wood planks and swapped ramps on the way home for straight ones.

Straight Aluminum w / strap(s) are the way to go and these new ones are 6'.

• Like 3

.......very lovely looking speakers all around gents..............and I know that dTel knows the latest, but speaking of speakers...   I thought I would share a photo from 'What I Got Today' (which is yesterday now......) just unboxed these last night!   And so, I believe that two Klipsch flagships CAN coexist nicely :D...  These are different then the KH's but are wider in sound stage and stereo imaging then the KH's and make a wonderful amount of low end too!    Musical and NON fatigue to the ears also come to mind...  :emotion-21:

I had NO idea a local dealer next town over from me was selling Klipsch!  I was able to touch a brand new pair of LaScala's for the first time ever!

Anyway, here is whats new in the 'Hall'....   Enjoy your day my friends...:emotion-29:IMG_4933_zpsre0rs6i5.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators

I can not thank everyone enough for their support of the Klipsch Heritage Museum Association.  As Membership Committee Chairman I am pleased to announce that all of our Right and Left Channel Founders' Level memberships have been taken. We wouldn't be here without each of you.

I want to personally thank @cincymat for dedicating his Founders' Level membership to @Boxx! What a wonderful thing to do.  I'm sure  @Maccagirl83 will be overwhelmed with your generosity.  As cincymat said, "It's all about the music"!

@Cstrau your membership completed our Left and Right channel Founders' Club.  

We have five KhornKorps memberships remaining.  Our goal is to sell these remaining five memberships before July 1, 2017. This is the link to our Museum subscription page.

http://klipschmuseum.org/subscriptions

Feel free to PM me for additional info.  The Museum is a 501c3 non profit corporation as determined by the IRS.

We hope to announce our lower level memberships in the next thirty days.  Thank you all again for your support.

• Like 5

Thank you so much one and all on your compliments on my new Reference Premier 280F's  ^_^

Chuck, what most do not know is, the first shipment was damaged, but they played fine. dealer said keep them and play with them for now...

They have been setup for a couple weeks, and I spent many hours JUST ON PLACEMENT alone!   I find you just can't stick them in place and expect the best results..

With that, I experimented with distances, toe in and toe out extensively with the SAME recording, over and over..  Finally found the right combo which produces the WIDE sound stage / stereo image that Klipsch speaks of...   They are part of Music Hall and the 5.2 system that is newly installed and TOTALLY separate from the KH's preamps and amps..   

And so.my NEWLY rediscovered BRICK and MORTAR local Klipsch dealer replaced them yesterday!, they came in on a pallet Thursday and they worked at their warehouse to part out the replacement pair.  That is when I decided it was official and make the announcement...

So, they live 14.5' apart and not far off from the KH's.   The inconspicuous plot markings are on the floor, so they can be swung away at any time and put right back into place easily.

Sorry for the L O N G verbage......   You all know me by now huh? :lol: 

I will post a photo of ONE of the my dealer's showrooms next.....

• Like 3

..........and like Richieb said............that in itself...............  Here is a photo of one of the showrooms at my dealer, and yes, they DO stock LaScala's :D!

The boxes at the center are the 280F's about to come home....   They are located the next town over from me, only a 15 minute city drive, WHO KNEW ?!?  IMG_4879_zpsqmylgkpt.jpg

• Like 2

The Pella entry door was to be a 2 day job but the crew reinstalled it 3 times.  After the first day of supervising I decided to stay on the job.  Turns out Pella subs out installation and these guys were a pain in the a$$.  After a call to central office they sent down their trouble shooter to straighten things out.  We are still waiting on a new sweep that was damaged during the installs:angry:

Here is the original door.  Big improvement.

IMG_1734.JPG

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

The Pella entry door was to be a 2 day job but the crew reinstalled it 3 times.  After the first day of supervising I decided to stay on the job.  Turns out Pella subs out installation and these guys were a pain in the a$$.  After a call to central office they sent down their trouble shooter to straighten things out.  We are still waiting on a new sweep that was damaged during the installs:angry:

Here is the original door.  Big improvement.

IMG_1734.JPG

Where did you mount the address numbers?

• Like 3

Beautiful door AND transom window Chuch.....  Our (double) doors are solid, but we have a clear transom letting light in which is nice...   ENJOY !, and hope you get everything straightened out ....

• Like 3

Guess moving to a place where you don’t know anyone can drive you back to a forum.

I’m alive and SoCal is a memory. I just found out that I got a farewell gift from The OC -- credit union called and it seems that, before i left town, i used my ATM card at a “compromised” ATM. I checked my online banking account and it appears that the only ATM that i had used recently was the one attached to the credit union building! They didn’t mention that part.  I’m not out any cash; but, they cancelled my card and a new one is in the mail. Hopefully, it shows up before the movers do with my stuff--the driver doesn't accept credit card payment.

So, i’m much further north...so much so that it was 39 degrees last night. Got some cool photos of my new “backyard” but for some reason when i email myself a photo from my iPhone--i don’t receive it.  

Trip was uneventful. Except i loaded ALL of my guitars in the Flex with me, so loading/unloading was a hassle; but, there was no way that i was leaving them in the car.

One cousin (aged 70) gave me an acoustic that once belonged to her biological father. No markings, no labels on it. Some research indicates strongly that it is a circa 1931 Kay, violin head, archtop, hollow body. I’ll post a picture.  Already have people drooling wanting it; but, it is staying put with me.

My brother bailed town with me. He’s already back to work here in our new location. He had five places recruiting him and had the opportunity to pick the one he liked best. 

i can afford NOT to work; but, maybe a part time job just for some social interaction may be a good idea. Me being alone with my thoughts too long generally isn’t a good idea. 

So, i’m safe and the good Lord smiled on me numerous times during this trek.  Including stuff like giving my fridge to my daughter. When i got here i went to the stores to shop for a new one. Found a stainless steel one that i liked; but, didn’t buy it at the time...i wanted to get the keys to the new pad first so i can see the kitchen dimensions. What i didn’t realize was that this place was just totally remodeled and sitting in the kitchen was the EXACT fridge that i has picked out the day before. 

People seem very nice and it’s a heck of a lot cheaper...just renting until i decide if i’ll stay; but, rent is over $700 per month cheaper and i got one more bathroom in this place. Utilities are going to be half the cost as well. Auto insurance dropped by $500 per year too. 

Later.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Auto insurance dropped by $500 per year too. 

Good to hear from you Steve.  Don't even think about moving to Grand Haven until Michigan fixes no-fault.  Your premium would likely go up by $500/year from what you were paying in OC.

• Like 2