Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just now, dtel's wife said:

So good to hear from you @BigStewMan!!!

You seem happier already. 

i’m trying; but, not there yet. confused definitely...no idea what to do with my life now. I do have a new venture that i need to focus on. But, not to let any of you down, i’m still being very irresponsible. My household goods haven’t arrived yet, so i had to go out and buy a 60” television so i can watch my Golden State Warriors. Now, i’m going to be stuck with two televisions when the moving guys arrive. I gave away thousands of dollars of stuff before i left, and i’ve spent thousands of dollars already buying new stuff. oh well, that’s a first world problem i guess. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

People seem very nice and it’s a heck of a lot cheaper...just renting until i decide if i’ll stay; but, rent is over $700 per month cheaper and i got one more bathroom in this place. Utilities are going to be half the cost as well. Auto insurance dropped by $500 per year too. 

Good to hear from Ya.

I see by this statement, you are NOT in the state of Calif.........

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Good to hear from you Steve.  Don't even think about moving to Grand Haven until Michigan fixes no-fault.  Your premium would likey go up by $500/year from what you were paying in OC.

i have a friend in Grand Haven that has been begging me to move back there. Actually this place reminds me of Grand Haven in some ways. 

But, with three of four kids and seven of ten grandkids in SoCal -- I’m closer when i need to go visit or them come visit me. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

i have a friend in Grand Haven that has been begging me to move back there. Actually this place reminds me of Grand Haven in some ways. 

But, with three of four kids and seven of ten grandkids in SoCal -- I’m closer when i need to go visit or them come visit me. 

Makes sense.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, minermark said:

Good to hear from Ya.

I see by this statement, you are NOT in the state of Calif.........

You are correct Sir. I’m learning first hand just how many ways Governor Moonbeam fleeces the citizens of California. I was the proverbial frog sitting fat, dumb, and happy in the pot of slowly boiling water. 

I think you were in Reno when i passed though your area (kinda close). Have a cousin about 30 minutes south of Sacramento, stayed a couple of days there. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i’m trying; but, not there yet. confused definitely...no idea what to do with my life now. I do have a new venture that i need to focus on. But, not to let any of you down, i’m still being very irresponsible. My household goods haven’t arrived yet, so i had to go out and buy a 60” television so i can watch my Golden State Warriors. Now, i’m going to be stuck with two televisions when the moving guys arrive. I gave away thousands of dollars of stuff before i left, and i’ve spent thousands of dollars already buying new stuff. oh well, that’s a first world problem i guess. 

@BigStewMan you will figure it out. I think it's impossible to be happy ALL of the time. It does seem as though you are getting there. Just do something you love. That's one of the keys to happiness. 

I'm sure the "stuff" you gave away was a blessing to those who received it. You made others happy...another key to happiness. 

Nothing wrong with being irresponsible sometimes. 

• Like 3

Just now, jimjimbo said:

@BigStewMan

Any good little wine shops close by?

i don’t know Jim.  I’m a tea totaller now. I didn’t pace myself in life and my pancreas got mad at me--a beer ever once in a while is all that i drink. There is winery in town that i saw; but, i don’t think it was a good one.  Naked Winery is the name and their slogan is Let’s Get Naked.  I never was one for the sexual innuendo in names, so the product probably isn’t very good.

By the way, i saw my cousin on my travels and she RAVED about that Figgins wine (hope i spelt it correctly). She REALLY enjoyed it--thank you again.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i don’t know Jim.  I’m a tea totaller now. I didn’t pace myself in life and my pancreas got mad at me--a beer ever once in a while is all that i drink. There is winery in town that i saw; but, i don’t think it was a good one.  Naked Winery is the name and their slogan is Let’s Get Naked.  I never was one for the sexual innuendo in names, so the product probably isn’t very good.

By the way, i saw my cousin on my travels and she RAVED about that Figgins wine (hope i spelt it correctly). She REALLY enjoyed it--thank you again.

It was my pleasure.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

sitting fat, dumb, and happy in the pot of slowly boiling water

I wish to hear your view a couple months from now, say the end of summer, your first snow.

Fastlane / Drama Should have cleared your system by then.....:blush:

• Like 3

Beautiful place Steve and you look happy.  I think the worm has started to turn.  Glad you are able to check in with us.

Just gave the Volvo a bath while Jake watched.  I tried a clay bar on the hood afterwards and the jury is still out on that process.  It seemed to uncover even more imperfections. Used it on the windshield as well. 

Have a great week worker bees.  Retirees.....at ease.

• Like 3