Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 hours ago, USNRET said:

Taking snaps with the new camera. My little one after 2 mile run at 100 or so degrees

Eri June 2017.jpg

Wow, after a run like that, I would be drenched in sweat and looking like how I felt --- old. Seriously, great pic and cute kid.

• Like 1

I took the speakers to a meeting of the River City Audio Society yesterday. Everyone LOVED them. It was held in our local audio/video dealer's meeting room. The sales manager came in for a listen and said he needed to get a pair in the store. They are a Klipsch dealer.

20170617_115520.jpg

• Like 7

Family is in San Antonio giving their Atlanta buddies a tour of the river walk. I am running Room Perfect calibrations on the 5.2 and 2.2 systems so I can compare pre / amp which does better on 2 channel. Had a repair place replace my daughter's phone battery yesterday and that was a failure since it won't charge; back to them when they open at 1:00. Might have a brewski then.

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, USNRET said:

Taking snaps with the new camera. My little one after 2 mile run at 100 or so degrees

Pretty girl, better be prepared to chase off the boys.

If I ran 2 miles in that heat (or any temp) they would be picking me up off the ground, well before the 2 mile point probably dead. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

The sales manager came in for a listen and said he needed to get a pair in the store. They are a Klipsch dealer.

But they can't get a pair that looks like that. 

• Like 2

Looks GREAT in that room Luther!!!    I LOVE to play with lighting as you can see (avatar)   And enjoy all the LED spots in Music Hall for highlighting the gear and such on the coffee tables for RTM ...   I will be headed there shortly...   NEED to get my RP-280 fix :D before I head out on the road for the week with my work tasks......    (taking a small pipe organ out with four other workers...........the church had a fire, organ is full of black soot !! our shop will restore........:emotion-21:)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Wow, after a run like that, I would be drenched in sweat and looking like how I felt --- old. Seriously, great pic and cute kid.

Mike... Is this the one that broke her ankle last year?

Maybe she hid your magazines to protect the boys who might come calling.

Bruce

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Mike... Is this the one that broke her ankle last year?

Yep. she is dedicated to come strong next year.

4 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Maybe she hid your magazines to protect the boys who might come calling.

She knows better; I have back ups.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Father's Day carnivore.

Ended up doing something similar, oldest daughter called around lunch and said don't do anything for dinner, I will bring something home.

What she brought was potatoes to be baked and a whole ribeye, and we had made a big salad already. So we cut it up and grilled it, one day I would love to cook one whole but everyone here likes it cooked anywhere from medium well to rare. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Looks great.  Ever try soaking the corn in water and putting it on the grill still in the husk?  It pretty much comes out perfect every time.

Yes, I have done that before. I was trying something different. Cooked ears in a pan of water first, then on the grill just long enough to add some smoke and char.

• Like 4