Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Had to use the great googlie mooglie
Minimum temperature to fry an egg is 158 degrees Fahrenheit. The hottest temperature recorded on earth is 138 degrees Fahrenheit (Death Valley, ca). You cannot fry an egg on the sidewalk because it doesn't get hot enough.
Jun 30, 2010
  • Like 3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

My wife and I walked around the house all day yesterday with mild headaches.  We really couldn't put our finger on the cause as neither of us had an inordinate amount to drink on Saturday.  Come to find out she had accidentally bought decaf beans and yesterday morning was the first time we had them.  LOL, we got it bad.

That's funny, I did the same thing to our daughter. Last couple of times we went out of town I did not drink coffee for days with no effect, thought I would have problems but i had none. So I told the wife get decaf and see what happens, the daughter was here for about 4 days and drinking as much coffee as me. She said she was drinking so much because it was not giving her the caffeine boost she was use to, I said nothing. The next day I finally told her and she was mad, so I told her we would switch back, the next morning she says this is much better, it was the same decaf, no one had gone to the store, I said nothing again. 

I did get some regular coffee, and showed her the bag and she was happy,  but I did mix it with half decaf, she still has no idea. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Saturday however I got my starter rows down on the bedroom floor.

That is going to be a good looking floor, love the color and pattern, would hate to cover it with furniture. 

I would imagine it's to hold it down but what are those little stands, odd looking things

• Like 2

and most of the vehicles that i’ve owned have been black, even when i lived in the desert -- not a good choice for really hot weather.

Today is 95, i imagine it doesn’t get much hotter here; but, i haven’t researched the record.  Just checked, back in 1939 it got up to 104 degrees. at least the hot weather here is going to be a piece of cake for me. back in 1933 and again in 1950, the record low was -26.  That would be rough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

That is going to be a good looking floor, love the color and pattern, would hate to cover it with furniture. 

I would imagine it's to hold it down but what are those little stands, odd looking things

Weights

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dtel said:

That's funny, I did the same thing to our daughter. Last couple of times we went out of town I did not drink coffee for days with no effect, thought I would have problems but i had none. So I told the wife get decaf and see what happens, the daughter was here for about 4 days and drinking as much coffee as me. She said she was drinking so much because it was not giving her the caffeine boost she was use to, I said nothing. The next day I finally told her and she was mad, so I told her we would switch back, the next morning she says this is much better, it was the same decaf, no one had gone to the store, I said nothing again. 

I did get some regular coffee, and showed her the bag and she was happy,  but I did mix it with half decaf, she still has no idea. 

--- Ah yes, the infamous Dr. Frankencoffee caffeine experiments. Results have always been hard to come by as experiments were done in secret and on family members. And now in 2017 the scientific world looks at these new discoveries with eyes glazed over at the amount of data that must be researched. Science is a marvelous and provocative universe - 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

me -- i’d pay someone to do it. That’s why we worked isn’t it -- to pay others to do the stuff that we don’t want to?

Not me.  My goal in life isn't to support someone else.  It's like a family where the mother works and just makes enough to make pay child day care.  Makes no sense to me.

I've been liberated by AARP eligibility from the curse of the handy-person.  In the past it pained me to pay someone to do something I thought I could do better myself, which includes just about everything but brain surgery.  Now I'm happy to pay others to do certain jobs, such as plumbing, residential and colonic.  My days of lying on my back under a car and getting rust in my face are over.

16 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

liberated by AARP

Annnd AARP has a lobbyist in Wash promoting the AntiGun agenda.

I look into the background(S) and shadows of these so called "Do Gooders" for seniors.

Amazing the money that is paid for agenda's and influence. 

AARP seems to be nipping away at senior citizens right to OWN any weapon, dig and you will find "The Agenda"

GunsCoffee2__83799.1461619508.500.659.jpg