Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 minutes ago, minermark said:

Annnd AARP has a lobbyist in Wash promoting the AntiGun agenda.

I look into the background(S) and shadows of these so called "Do Gooders" for seniors.

Amazing the money that is paid for agenda's and influence. 

AARP seems to be nipping away at senior citizens right to OWN any weapon, dig and you will find "The Agenda"

GunsCoffee2__83799.1461619508.500.659.jpg

not a member? :D  a friend keeps encouraging me to join, telling me how much money he is saving on various things. i haven’t followed the group closely; but, i haven’t joined just because i don’t want to admit that i’m eligible.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Now I'm happy to pay others to do certain jobs, such as plumbing, residential and colonic.  My days of lying on my back under a car and getting rust in my face are over.

i hear ya...i think in the past decade, i’ve only changed one tire and that was only because AAA was taking too long to arrive.  some things are better left for a guy wearing a younger man’s shoes.

• Like 4

Just now, BigStewMan said:

not a member? :D  a friend keeps encouraging me to join, telling me how much money he is saving on various things. i haven’t followed the group closely; but, i haven’t joined just because i don’t want to admit that i’m eligible.

I looked into it 5+ years ago as i was thinking of retirement.

I looked into every dam thing i could think of that gave seniors a perk for just surviving to retirement.

Cons abound, there is NO shortage of perps to relieve you of your money(s).

• Like 2

Closing the barn doors after the cows are gone.  That describes my efforts to preserve what's left of my hearing.

I should have plumbed this knowledge base for opinions, but it was easy to get these from Amazon.  For $15, they're better than nothing to protect my hearing from the noise of the router, saws, etc, as I build speakers.

As I've said before, listening to 4 Speakerlab SKhorns blasting More Than A Feeling at full SPL during my mobile DJ biz in the 70s with only a pair of Sennheiser HD 424s for protection had a bad effect on my high frequency hearing.

20170620_143019 (Medium).jpg

1913258 (Medium).jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Closing the barn doors after the cows are gone.  That describes my efforts to preserve what's left of my hearing.

Same thing I am doing, I keep a pair in the workshop and a pair on the tractor, It's a little late for me also.

It takes me about 8+ hours to cut grass, I put a roof on the tractor, this reflects the sound from the engine and finishing mower right where I sit. I wear earbuds for music when I cut grass with a pair like that over the earbuds so I don't have to turn them up to hear music. The pair in the workshop is for woodworking tool noise. 

• Like 4

LF over this afternoon and we were playing a bunch of CDs amazed at the new speakers.  If they come out with the RF380s at a reasonable price this fall she will be getting my 280F's and I'll move up a notch.  Then I will be done:P

• Like 3

So I am in a TMobile store today asking about my girl's dead iPhone (won't charge after screen and battery replacement) when I notice a commotion. Seems someone pulled up by a car in the parking lot, jumped out and knifed a tire on a new car sitting there then drove away. Owner comes out of the next door store and a TMob customer tells her what happened and gave her the license plate number he caught. I am walking by now and ask her if she wanted me to put the spare on. She says thanks and that her 80 some odd year old husband at home couldn't do it. About the time I had found the wheel lock key and broken the lugs another gent arrives and tell me to let him do it as I was in my white work shirt and he was already dirty. Short work of it and we are off while the elderly lady awaits the arrival of Johnny Law.

• Like 3

I asked myself what I would have done if my arrival was +/- a few minutes. I had parked next to her. I carry. Would I have intervened if I stepped out of my truck when this was happening right in front of me? Probably. Over a tire?

• Like 2

i think the wise move is getting all the identification possible on person(s) and vehicle and turning it over to the law. 

some punk with neck tattoos came at me and got in my face recently. I calmly told him to get the f*k away from me. Just then my brother exits Starbucks and grabs me by the arm and leads me away. I hate to admit this; but, I’m not in my 20s anymore--i know a few things that others don’t in regards to self-defense; but, that doesn’t change the fact that i’m in my mid-50s. With two seriously herniated discs in my neck, in which I can barely turn my head, one punch to my face would probably be enough to put me down. The pain would radiate down my arm and i probably wouldn’t be able to raise it. UNLESS adrenaline took over--who knows.  i think my brother did the right thing by taking me out of harm’s way.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i think the wise move is getting all the identification possible on person(s) and vehicle and turning it over to the law.

I agree 50.1%
OTOH, if I gauge the situation in my favor then holding the perp until LE arrives then the perp is caught. If using stolen vehicle, yadda yadda then perp goes off to do other bad things. Now if I were to come across bad guy having interaction with elderly lady rather than a car tire I would of course draw and command.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

I agree 50.1%
OTOH, if I gauge the situation in my favor then holding the perp until LE arrives then the perp is caught. If using stolen vehicle, yadda yadda then perp goes off to do other bad things. Now if I were to come across bad guy having interaction with elderly lady rather than a car tire I would of course draw and command.

concur.  maintaining situational awareness and correctly gauging it -- i intervene.  Most definitely if someone is being attacked. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I’m not in my 20s anymore-

That's the second thing that comes to mind, the first is to go nuts, it's probably a good thing the second thing comes to mind quickly. 

• Like 3

Morning gang

News states heat advisory extended to Friday night.

Thursday will now NOT be our heated day, it has company, today 108, that means 110+.

Will be removing all aerosols from the Dodge today.

Current Drama is rolling power outages, this state su cks.

Iv NO problem firing up the Honda Gensets and plugging in the 5th wheel AC.

Camping next to the house works just fine for the wife and i, we are prepared.

10447641_10204677743693035_6956740482046803464_n.jpg

• Like 3