Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Raining again....grass will be a foot high before the rainy spell stops. 

Cooking dinner for a school chum who has been diagnosed with lung cancer.  His wife too!  He's a year younger than me and a good guy.  We played Little League baseball together.  Neither he nor his wife are smokers.

Bought a 2 pack of chuck roast and a key lime pie from Costco.  Cutting up onions, carrots, leaving the new potatoes whole.  Flour, salt and pepper and brown it off on all sides.  Into the oven for three hours with the vegetables added after two hours.  Dinner rolls and that's it.

It's enough for several meals and since they are both sick it will come in handy. 

Feeling sad.....

• Like 4

• Moderators

Just checked 119, way more people have them than just the people in this thread, still can't believe you did that, never know what to expect from you. I bet your wife has seen some stuff over the years.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Hunker down.  Got vodka?

Hunker down, never really knew what it really meant or how to do it properly but I think we came close during hurricane parties years ago ? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Got vodka?

Absurd question of the day winner.:P

I could see Carl's hurricane checklist, Vodka,  ice chest full of ice for the shaker, food and just for tradition the standard "bread and milk", for some reason the first thing they run out of at the stores ? It would be good to be his neighbor, as long as you like music ! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, dtel said:

seen some stuff over the years

Wingnut has been the description in the past.

Most wife's can best guess / describe what their husbands could / might do.

Erin is always at a total loss of what i may engineer next.......Winging it, adapt and overcome.

• Like 2

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Not necessary.  We have an icemaker in the freezer and a whole house generator.  We'll get by.

Roughing it in style, well with a whole house generator you're not roughing it at all. 

Reminds me of when we broke down once in Kevins bus, were on the side of the road waiting on the huge tow truck, in the AC with a drink eating fried chicken, and of course sat TV. I told him I have never been stuck on the side of the road quite like this before, we were not really stuck, he was towing his truck.

speakers2.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, minermark said:

Comp Shingle Compare @ 100 degrees air temp, direct sunlight.

Probe placed just under middle of Tab, measures the heat transmitted through to the attic below.

House with dark roof:

35410564806_6bdc0be10c_m.jpg

35063659690_d0c8852624_m.jpg

is that multipurpose Oral/Axillary/Rectal Thermometers ?

• Like 2