Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 hours ago, minermark said:

Storm "Cindy" moving north out of the Gulf, Dtel CeC USNR in the path?

The center of the storm made shore about 30-35 miles east of me.  It was a non event here.  We get more rain when a normal front passes through.

Lets see if you boys are any help.  My Stihl blower is often hard to start and when it cranks you can't give it much gas or it will stall.  I used the expensive premixed 50:1 fuel.

Dirty carb?

The bulb doesn't seem to pump gas as I think it should.

Any ideas?  Additives?

• Like 1

I agree with dirtmudd in using non ethanol fuel, but I suspect that by stating you do use the expensive premixed fuel you are referencing a product like TruFuel which is 100% gasoline.

Again I agree with dirtmudd and hit it with some carb cleaner and replace the old fuel with new if it has been a long time since it has been started,

Pull of the fuel line and blow into it and listen for bubbling in the tank.

Possibly a small crack in the bulb and it actually is not priming.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Lets see if you boys are any help.  My Stihl blower is often hard to start and when it cranks you can't give it much gas or it will stall.  I used the expensive premixed 50:1 fuel.

Dirty carb?

The bulb doesn't seem to pump gas as I think it should.

Any ideas?  Additives?

Dirty carb.

EDIT, put a new spark plug in it before you pull the carb.  Be sure the air cleaner isn't stopped up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davis said:

I agree with dirtmudd in using non ethanol fuel, but I suspect that by stating you do use the expensive premixed fuel you are referencing a product like TruFuel which is 100% gasoline.

Again I agree with dirtmudd and hit it with some carb cleaner and replace the old fuel with new if it has been a long time since it has been started,

Pull of the fuel line and blow into it and listen for bubbling in the tank.

Possibly a small crack in the bulb and it actually is not priming.

inline fuel filter to for a off road motorcycle it's on a $1

lwuxyy1416549814185.jpg

14 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Starbucks sucks and smells like cat piss..@ 10.65 pound or/$ 7.99 12 oz

the Wellesley farms is killer @ $4.79 a pound or/$11.98 40 oz

IMG_20170622_140555.jpg

Yeah, I can't stand Starbucks either. I get all of my coffee and tea from www.teaman.etsy.com he has a ton of different coffees and teas, both loose leaf and in teabags. The best I have had!

Tim

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davis said:

My Stihl blower uses a synthetic oil that also contains stabilizers.  It protects plastic lines and the bulb.  I've been using regular pump gas in mine (which contains ethanol) since I've had it and all plastic fuel components are great.  I can't recall when I bought it though.  6-8 years ago?  Still starts on the first pull.

1 minute ago, teaman said:

Yeah, I can't stand Starbucks either. I get all of my coffee and tea from www.teaman.etsy.com he has a ton of different coffees and teas, both loose leaf r teabags. The best I have had!

Tim

I was just being cheap seats for a few weeks...my bjs wholesale club

membership expired...and I was not paying $50 for a new membership..

a friend gave me a $25 membership coupon..so I'm in again!!!

I tried 8o clock Columbian it sucked too....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My Stihl blower uses a synthetic oil that also contains stabilizers.  It protects plastic lines and the bulb.  I've been using regular pump gas in mine (which contains ethanol) since I've had it and all plastic fuel components are great.  I can't recall when I bought it though.  6-8 years ago?  Still starts on the first pull.

do you use a premix of do you mix it yourself....

you are the mix master !!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

do you use a premix of do you mix it yourself....

you are the mix master !!!

Of course I mix it myself.  100 shakes!

The oil comes in small containers.  You use one can to a gallon of gas.  I have the strange engine configuration in mine, it's a 4 stroke with intake and exhaust valves that uses 2 stroke gas and no conventional oil.  Took me a while to wrap my head around that concept but it's never given me a spec of trouble and is an absolute hoss.

• Like 1

I think my fuel is all gas (non ethanol).  Better be for the price.  Anyway I watched a youtube video or two on hard to start blowers.  It could be pilot error as I'm not holding the throttle/trigger in while starting as shown.   The video said to prime 5 times even if there is gas in the bulb.  With that in mind I tried it again and after several pulls it started. I did not dare cut it off  and let it dance around on the porch floor for awhile.

The grass has been cut but it started raining before I could blow off everything:unsure:

In case you're wondering I am not mechanically inclined:(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I think my fuel is all gas (non ethanol).  Better be for the price.  Anyway I watched a youtube video or two on hard to start blowers.  It could be pilot error as I'm not holding the throttle/trigger in while starting as shown.   The video said to prime 5 times even if there is gas in the bulb.  With that in mind I tried it again and after several pulls it started. I did not dare cut it off  and let it dance around on the porch floor for awhile.

The grass has been cut but it started raining before I could blow off everything:unsure:

In case you're wondering I am not mechanically inclined:(

• Like 1