Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Been there done that. The photo below is probably NOT your carb but item 30 is the leading culprit on these. It is a very VERY fine screen and any debris/corrosion prevents flow. I went with a card from amazon that was around 20 bucks.

echo-cs-306-C09413001001-C09413999999-Carburetor.gif

Lawn and irrigation wanted $90 for a carb on a 3 month old warrantied unit because it was fuel related and they couldn't determine what fuel I had been using so no warranty. I bought cases of pro-fuel premix from them for all my 2 cycle stuff. I went with the amazon carb; you tube is your friend for repair OR buy cheap and have Carl drive up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Lawn and irrigation wanted $90 for a carb on a 3 month old warrantied unit because it was fuel related and they couldn't determine what fuel I had been using so no warranty. I bought cases of pro-fuel premix from them for all my 2 cycle stuff. I went with the amazon carb; you tube is your friend for repair OR buy cheap and have Carl drive up.

What brand did you buy (so I'll know who to avoid)?

If I were king, leaf blowers would be outlawed . . . but then, only outlaws would have leaf blowers.

Seriously, they're NOISY and merely move the leaves.  Typically, a lawn service guy blows them from the client's yard to the neighbor's yard.  Wait, now it's becoming clear.  A lawn service then charges the neighbor to blow the leaves back to the original yard.  If we tag the leaves like pigeons, we'll see that the same leaves are blown back and forth all season.  It's a form of job security.

Personally, I don't hire a service,  I can leaf well enough alone.;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

If I were king, leaf blowers would be outlawed . . . but then, only outlaws would have leaf blowers.

Seriously, they're NOISY and merely move the leaves.  Typically, a lawn service guy blows them from the client's yard to the neighbor's yard.  Wait, now it's becoming clear.  A lawn service then charges the neighbor to blow the leaves back to the original yard.  If we tag the leaves like pigeons, we'll see that the same leaves are blown back and forth all season.  It's a form of job security.

Personally, I don't hire a service,  I can leaf well enough alone.;)

I use this
http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Shred-N-Vacs

but my headphones cancel the noise

Morning gang

Somehow got talked into working on one of the farmers boats, in the Barn, on the hottest day of the year.

Yeah we were smart, Dry Sauna effect is what it felt like, we all have a tad of the "The Heat exhaustion" today.

But hey, boat runs.........:emotion-21: 

21430_547664071936255_409649587_n.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, USNRET said:

Been there done that. The photo below is probably NOT your carb but item 30 is the leading culprit on these. It is a very VERY fine screen and any debris/corrosion prevents flow. I went with a card from amazon that was around 20 bucks.

echo-cs-306-C09413001001-C09413999999-Carburetor.gif

If I took that apart you know how many parts I would have left over:unsure:

• Like 1

Looking at these Carb posts reminds me of surfin the Bay China sites, came across these carbs one time from one of my vendors.

Every Carb was standard two/four stroke for every engine made.

No Carb was over $7.00 complete with free shipping. out of HongKong.

Been a year, i'll try and find his site and pass it on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, USNRET said:

item 30 is the leading culprit on these

Usually I find trash or varnish build up in the small fuel passages.  I'll take a pieces of stranded copper wire and pull one strand out to use as a cleaner.  It's small enough and stout enough to clean the passages then you can blow some aerosol carb cleaner through to get the remainder.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Did you get your blower running Chuck?

Yep.  Looked at you tube videos and learned you need to pump the bulb 5 times even if there is gas in the bulb.  I also was not pressing the throttle/trigger when pulling the cord.  Driver errors.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yep.  Looked at you tube videos and learned you need to pump the bulb 5 times even if there is gas in the bulb.  I also was not pressing the throttle/trigger when pulling the cord.  Driver errors.

Main thing is it's going.  Live and learn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I hate it when that happens:) Had an old friend that when he had to show me something that should be easy that I was doing wrong would say "Are you a simpleton?"