Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good afternoon whatever day it is.

Iv decided the ONLY task that will be preformed today will be putting on my slippers.

Nap was good, breakfast was great, desert will be the "Dazs"

Retirement insures there are NO rough or bad days.........

35553449275_8c3bd32506_m.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ok back home now, went over to visit some nice people in San Antonio and had a good weekend.

We went out to eat at a great little Mexican restaurant, the best I have ever had, I ate way to much. You know it's a good place when there is a waiting line anytime they are open.

Meat cooked on giant clumps of mesquite charcoal, business is so good they cook 1000 chickens a day and it's only part of the menu. 

IMG_5393.jpg

• Like 5

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, babadono said:

San Antonio for the weekend Dtel? That's a good long jaunt isn't it? Glad you had a good time.

Well we drove 3 hours to lafayette La and stayed at kevin's house, we got up Fri morning and Kevin drove the rest of the way, about 7 hours to San Antonio. Left Sun morning staying again at Kevin's and we drove home this morning.  Doing it that way made it easier, plus we were in a nice 4 door truck which was very comfortable, plenty room for just 4 people. That was as far West as I have been since I went to California in the 60's when I was a kid.

The trip was mostly about going to see some nice people, listen to each of his 3 very nice setups, and drop off a set of Cornwall 1's that will be veneered.

If I ever go back to that city I want to go eat at the same place. I don't know Mexican food or the names,  but the fist pic is beef and bacon, second is sausage, chicken and beef, these two was for 4 people with rice and beans. The place is not fancy but the food is very good, and that pepper was hot. 

IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5398.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, minermark said:

Just up from 1st Nap

You are the first to inform me of the correct day.

Thank You

Wife making peanut butter cookies, breakfast, then time for another nap.

Yes Retirement is the Bomb :emotion-21:

11051743_10206249728264752_5187662032701231401_n.jpg

the comedian Norm MacDonald once said of LSD flashbacks...that flashbacks seem like a good bang for the buck.  Get high, then 20 years later get high again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Well we drove 3 hours to lafayette La and stayed at kevin's house, we got up Fri morning and Kevin drove the rest of the way, about 7 hours to San Antonio. Left Sun morning staying again at Kevin's and we drove home this morning.  Doing it that way made it easier, plus we were in a nice 4 door truck which was very comfortable, plenty room for just 4 people. That was as far West as I have been since I went to California in the 60's when I was a kid.

The trip was mostly about going to see some nice people, listen to each of his 3 very nice setups, and drop off a set of Cornwall 1's that will be veneered.

If I ever go back to that city I want to go eat at the same place. I don't know Mexican food or the names,  but the fist pic is beef and bacon, second is sausage, chicken and beef, these two was for 4 people with rice and beans. The place is not fancy but the food is very good, and that pepper was hot. 

IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5398.jpg

What can be said except YUM:)

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Went right past my house :(

Interstate 10 is literally 5 minutes from my house.

And Kevin knows where I live.

I  know we passed the area, I had no idea it was 5 min from your house, he did say he visited you once but he didn't say it was that close. Traffic on I-10 was crazy Sunday, how far from you is that Ford arena and outdoor music pavilion, looks like a cool place ?

We stopped at that crazy place Buc-ee's to get diesel, that place is crazy, 64 fuel pumps and we had to make a lap to find an open one, you would think they are giving away something it is so crowded. Everything seems to be bigger in Texas, on the way to San Antonio we passed some warehouses that were the biggest I had ever seen, I would think some were 20 acre buildings. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Ok back home now, went over to visit some nice people in San Antonio and had a good weekend.

We went out to eat at a great little Mexican restaurant, the best I have ever had, I ate way to much. You know it's a good place when there is a waiting line anytime they are open.

Meat cooked on giant clumps of mesquite charcoal, business is so good they cook 1000 chickens a day and it's only part of the menu. 

IMG_5393.jpg

dtel, do you remember the name of that place? I'm getting hungry just looking at this picture.  

• Like 5