Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Seadog said:

Well, l I've been there, and hope to do it again sometime.  Carl is a great host.  That 10 minutes from I-10 is worth the drive!

I'm sure it is, but this time we were on a mission, maby one day.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, minermark said:

These are renters, scuttlebutt in Da-Hood has them NOT partial to my Volume.

Sounds like a bad case of the tough sheets, if they don't like that volume the surely won't like the stacks outside pointed at them. 

3 hours ago, John Albright said:

Next time try to get up to Cooper's BBQ in Llano.  Best brisket in Tejas!  Stand in line at the door, pick your meats off the grill, go inside for sides and eat on the picnic tables with whoever.  Perfect!  There's one in New Braunfels, but it's not quite as good. 

We were talking about this when we were down there, I could be perfectly happy planning a trip just to hit all the good smokehouses, like a smoked meat tour of Texas. 

Next time I'm in SA, I'll have to do some hands-on research of my own :P

It's nothing fancy but we were there to find good food, and we sure found it, I would go every time we are anywhere close.

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I love my new speakers so yesterday I sold the Heresy's and bought another pair of RP280Fs for the LF:P

Glad to hear you liked them that much, looks great, the speakers look good also. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dtel said:

the stacks outside pointed at them

In 8 years, iv only opened the Mancave garage door one time, @70+Db.

When the Cub's won the series, i believe the tune was ACDC Thunderstruck, not ONE neighbor came out of their house or complained.

• Like 5

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, minermark said:

In 8 years, iv only opened the Mancave garage door one time, @70+Db.

When the Cub's won the series, i believe the tune was ACDC Thunderstruck, not ONE neighbor came out of their house or complained.

How do you think they sound, I don't remember hearing what you think since you got them going. That's the same kind of bass bins we use inside but a different horn on top, we love it. I have never heard that combination.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, dtel said:

since you got them going

McMs sound just fine, no better fixtures needed for my lifetime.

However since i already had the EAW stacks and a couple extra amps, i split the output of the Pre into a second set of amps and have been   running both EAW / MCM stacks for a few months, this is my kind of kickazz system.

Pissing off the neighbors is a Gimmie/done deal @ 10Watts.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Why since you had them already sure, you never know one day you may live somewhere where you could use it, like neighbors to each side or a crazy amount of space you want to cover.

I thought about one day putting the yard speakers in the back of the truck pointing to the side where you put fuel. They can get loud with just a car battery T amp and a phone or I-pad powering them, completely portable. Pull up to a gas pump with them pointing to the pump and wait for a punk to pull on the other side with his subs rattling his car and just tell him, that's how it's going to be, OK. And let him have it. 

Never did it but i would love to see his face. 

mwm-1 (4).JPG

• Like 4

6 hours ago, John Albright said:

Next time try to get up to Cooper's BBQ in Llano.  Best brisket in Tejas!  Stand in line at the door, pick your meats off the grill, go inside for sides and eat on the picnic tables with whoever.  Perfect!  There's one in New Braunfels, but it's not quite as good. 

The Cooper's in Llano is the best.  I've eaten at the Cooper's in Fort Worth, in Junction, and in Mason (the original Cooper's) and none are as good as Llano.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

We were talking about this when we were down there, I could be perfectly happy planning a trip just to hit all the good smokehouses, like a smoked meat tour of Texas. 

You must visit Lockhart if you do a Texas BBQ tour.  Kreuz Market, Smitty's and Blacks are there, and all three are rated among the best in Texas.  If you go to Kreuz Market, don't ask for a fork, and don't ask for BBQ sauce.  They would take that as an insult.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I think I'm busy that weekend.:rolleyes:

I would be if I were you, 396's live on the back porch :emotion-55:...........need to remember to bring some steaks to distract he doggie. :o 

6 hours ago, babadono said:

Someday never comes;)

I think that was a movie, or a country song ?

6 hours ago, babadono said:

Safety first. CYA. Good neighbor:)

Good idea, some idiot would fall in the 4" hole and try to sue you, like the dummy that walked off the cliff texting, or the one that followed the GPS and drove off the mountain because it said turn.   

6 hours ago, minermark said:

With the kind of people In Calif today, there are those who look for an opertune moment

They are all over these days, no shortage of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

I would be if I were you, 396's live on the back porch :emotion-55:...........need to remember to bring some steaks to distract he doggie. :o 

396's are locked in the garage.  I have KPT 100's on the patio with a dual driver table tuba but soon they'll be swapped out for KP-2500's.

• Like 1

• Moderators

You must visit Lockhart if you do a Texas BBQ tour.  Kreuz Market, Smitty's and Blacks are there, and all three are rated among the best in Texas.  If you go to Kreuz Market, don't ask for a fork, and don't ask for BBQ sauce.  They would take that as an insult.

I would love to do that one day, make a big loop and end up in Southern Arkansas. I wouldn't ask for sauce anywhere except just to taste it. 

• Moderators
Just now, CECAA850 said:

396's are locked in the garage.  I have KPT 100's on the patio with a dual driver table tuba but soon they'll be swapped out for KP-2500's.

Don't blame you, I wouldn't do it anyway, .............doggie might not like beef and I can't run or jump fences as fast as he could. :laugh:

6 hours ago, minermark said:

And thus, this is how it started for me.

I see your speakers are growing size........Hummmmm

Make room for daddy, these could be in your future...........

29348920165_966ac05a52.jpg.031a784316f923161d7835883123a762.jpg

I think Tony should do a speaker comparison with those..

• Like 3