Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 hours ago, USNRET said:

Times have changed but has happiness?

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Depends, 

Seems like the older you get the more you appreciate little things, I'd say I am having more fun then when I was younger .

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iUP3PMLdoOs 

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=WM-iAD-gfBQ

• Like 1

Hanging out at LF's house while she plays tennis.  Don't want to miss the Fedx guy with her new speakers.  A nice morning with lower humidity. 

Chiggers....what are they good for?  Bites all over:mellow:

Time for that rare third cup.

• Like 6

To make my wait productive I washed both cars since my last post:huh:  Getting warm outside now.  Don't know what to think about clay bar treatment.  It scuffs if not kept plenty wet and is hard to get off.  Clearly will not use it on the Bubble till I figure things out.  I know Gary has some experience with clay bars.  Maybe he can give me some tips.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

To make my wait productive I washed both cars since my last post:huh:  Getting warm outside now.  Don't know what to think about clay bar treatment.  It scuffs if not kept plenty wet and is hard to get off.  Clearly will not use it on the Bubble till I figure things out.  I know Gary has some experience with clay bars.  Maybe he can give me some tips.

You HAVE to keep it wet while you're cleaning with it.  It's easiest to use the bar in one hand and a spray bottle in the other.  There shouldn't be anything to get off once you're done as it shouldn't leave a residue.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

You HAVE to keep it wet while you're cleaning with it.  It's easiest to use the bar in one hand and a spray bottle in the other.  There shouldn't be anything to get off once you're done as it shouldn't leave a residue.

I used the hose with a mist spray but if the bar ever drags......

So I have a coat of wax over the scuffs now.  May have to get it buffed/compounded and start over:mellow:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

So I have a coat of wax over the scuffs now.  May have to get it buffed/compounded and start over:mellow:

So are the "scuffs" clay residue?

• Like 1

Thanks for the link.  I read it and it seems I need a clay bar lube to keep it from dragging and marring the surface.  They recommend Dodo juice born slippy.  I will pick up some but the question is now how to get off the marring from first attempt?  Its already covered with a coat of wax.  Its a black car and that color shows everything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Thanks for the link.  I read it and it seems I need a clay bar lube to keep it from dragging and marring the surface.  They recommend Dodo juice born slippy.  I will pick up some but the question is now how to get off the marring from first attempt?  Its already covered with a coat of wax.  Its a black car and that color shows everything.

You can use soap[ and water in a spray bottle.

The clay bar should pick up the residue, the wax coat is extremely thin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

You can always run down to your local auto parts store and pick up a spray bottle of clay lube. I clayed my car about a week ago. It does not take long and you will be amazed how much stuff is on your car. Just go over sections until the bar glides smoothly. Remember to fold the clay occasionally to keep cleaner clay on the paint.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Its a black car and that color shows everything.

We always reject black paint and similarly black interiors when shopping for a car.  It has always been about the heat for us, since we live in hot climates, but right there is another reason to consider.

• Like 3

The LF's speakers arrived in tact and are in place.  The Fedx driver was surprised to see me getting the same speakers at a different house. Unlike my pair we had to install the base for each one.  She has a new CDP (NAD) coming tomorrow.  I also ordered 12ga speaker wire in 10' lengths with banana plugs and will hook those up later today.  I put on an LP (Desire by Bob Dylan) and auditioned the RP280Fs in her room.  Bien!

Pics to follow.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that, that's funny.

He must have something going for him,  a good looking girl like that wouldn't hang out with an old geezer for nothing. Maby she likes Jake and the car ? :P

• Like 4