Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So yes I am being a bit circuitous here; get over it.
A while back I extolled the virtues of a forum member with whom I had made a trade. After a month or two the NIB piece that I received ended up having an issue. Much to our mutual surprise, the factory warranty would not be honored.

Things moved this way; things moved that way. Not once in any of our communications was there ever anything but "how can we fix this?"

We got the resale store involved..numerous times albeit with some excuses heard about computer system upgrades / change overs, yada yada but that is not the point. The seller here kept in constant contact and was apologetic even when it was not his fault and never failed to respond to emails, texts or calls.

When we both thought that all was done well, sigh, it was not. I contacted the brick and mortar nearest me (6 hour round trip) and that gentleman was OUTSTANDING. He asked questions, gave his store and personal contact info and replied to any message at light speed. This gent went way out of his way and I have no idea how much time he spent or who he contacted but I know this: he handled sh$t. This is not to disparage the seller and his guy at that store; they did not slip away and were working it as well.

I got email, text and voice mail that all was good and that rather than me driving a 6 hour round trip to drop the unit off for service they would come to my house and pick it up at no charge.

There are good folks here and there are some retail outlets that really do a great job. Support them when you can.

• Like 3

Send the guy a Kringle and order one for yourself.  http://www.ohdanishbakery.com/everyday-kringle-favorites?gclid=CjwKEAjw--DLBRCN_bW36taJkhwSJABSMEduCRQA80ikE8lXyghCIc_IH6-cDKnmq4HXCBNl8kKxWRoCGTPw_wcB

I recommend the pecan.  I send them to people I deal with in my business who give exemplary customer service.  The return on the investment is significant.

Thanks for taking the time to share this.

BTW, Kringles are excellent with coffee.

download.jpg

• Like 3

Apropos of nothing, I thought I'd share this photo of Ali at our fraternity house in East Lansing ~1970.  The guy with his back to the camera is the father of Bobby Newcombe, who was a wide receiver, kick returner and QB at Nebraska.  Ali demonstrated his lightning fast reflexes to the amazement of all basking in his greatness.

Ali_edited.jpg

• Like 5

On July 26, 2017 at 10:02 PM, DizRotus said:

Apropos of nothing, I thought I'd share this photo of Ali at our fraternity house in East Lansing ~1970.  The guy with his back to the camera is the father of Bobby Newcombe, who was a wide receiver, kick returner and QB at Nebraska.  Ali demonstrated his lightning fast reflexes to the amazement of all basking in his greatness.

Ali_edited.jpg

Quiet around here, OT. How 'bout this - which one of those Frat Boyz told Ali his tie is too short?! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, richieb said:

Quiet around here, OT. How 'bout this - which one of those Frat Boyz told Ali his tie is too short?! 

The one laying on the ground that you can't see in the picture...

• Like 1