Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Well put sir.  I agree that everything stems from something.  To me though, it impedes on the artist that sat and thought to create the lyrics, rhythm, obviously influenced by many factors, as to taking that experience and tweaking it.  It's all the same though, I suppose, considering order of events.  This conversation reminds of lyrics from 21 Pilots, "Stressed Out".  I like their music, but here's the relevant writing..

I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard
I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words
I wish I found some chords in an order that is new
I wish I didn't have to rhyme every time I sang

What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

See how it sings like a sad heart
And joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain
Or notes that fall gently like rain

• Like 3

Just now, ACV92 said:

Oh, I have cables.  An entire Rubbermaid tote full of them.  I just ordered 5 more, 4 Toslink, in different lenghts, and a 3.5mm to RCA at 12' for my laptop to stereo.  As far as cocktails, I'm enjoying one of a sort.  Colored water that comes from a silver can.  I do dabble in some Crown from time-to-time.

urine, I meen your in then...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

I'm so glad dirtmudd and I could help with cerebral retention.  We've colluded to present a test of limitation.

my old room mate wrote this

The influence of complex working memory span task administration methods on prediction of higher level cognition and metacognitive control of response times

Article
Received: 
23 April 2009
Accepted: 
13 April 2010
  • 596Downloads

Abstract

Participants between the ages of 18 and 80 were tested on a complex working memory span task that was administered either using a typical experimenter-paced method or using a method in which the processing component was presented at a fixed, limited-pace presentation rate. Path analyses revealed that even after controlling for individual differences in general processing speed, the limited-pace task predicted unique variance in episodic memory, executive functioning, and fluid intelligence, whereas the experimenter-paced task did not. For the experimenter-paced task, slower responses on the processing component of the task were associated with better recall, but only when individual differences in processing speed were controlled. These findings suggest that metacognitive control of response times affects recall from working memory span tasks, as well as the relationship between span task recall and high-level cognition. These results support resource-sharing explanations of working memory and suggest that limiting processing times using computer pacing of complex span tasks can be an effective way to efficiently measure working memory capacity.

Download to read the full article text

References

Copyright information

About this article

Personalised recommendations

The influence of complex working memory span task administration methods on prediction of higher level cognition and metacognitive control of response times

• Like 3

Hendrix's rendition of the national anthem, or listen to the groove of this, and compare it to the crunge by Zepp.  Which is just a playing of the song, and which borrows and adapts to reach their audience?  It's all good, and trying to nitpick innovation is fairly pointless.  Where's that confounded bridge?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

my old room mate wrote this

From a quick read, is more of a robust version of the Pavlovian Dog technique.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Hendrix's rendition of the national anthem, or listen to the groove of this, and compare it to the crunge by Zepp.  Which is just a playing of the song, and which borrows and adapts to reach their audience?  It's all good, and trying to nitpick innovation is fairly pointless.  Where's that confounded bridge?

Fairly, but giving credit where it's due is of good measure.  Doesn't matter where the bridge is as long as you can float underneath it.  Innovation is to an extent, a misnomer.  You're points are well taken. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes man: omly got another:

Something tells me you're a Jimi fan.  My Pop's brought me into the world of Jimi.  He had some very interesting stories to go along with listening to him.  He had a Marantz receiver and a pair of Marantz floor stands.  Probably why I have 3 Marantz receivers.  My most recent one is 10 years old, just bought it.  I do like the sound of Marantz and Klipsch.  I was trying to find 'All Along the Watchtower' live in '70 but apparently there's a copyright issue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ACV92 said:

Something tells me you're a Jimi fan.  My Pop's brought me into the world of Jimi.  He had some very interesting stories to go along with listening to him.  He had a Marantz receiver and a pair of Marantz floor stands.  Probably why I have 3 Marantz receivers.  My most recent one is 10 years old, just bought it.  I do like the sound of Marantz and Klipsch.  I was trying to find 'All Along the Watchtower' live in '70 but apparently there's a copyright issue.

Think the copyright id=is my issue.Look fir thr Royal Albert video of 69, it id orth the trouble.

Think only dse them twice, once in Jax with Catmother and the all night newboys, a decent band from think, New Yoork, other time Atlanta 2ns pop festival. Long story but woke in time for. Next I remembered was Johnny Winter And, it was hot and suffered freom hear prostration. Laid me in the shade like ZZ and gave me a salt tab or two, lol. Allman Brothers opened and closed frstival. Dodes hanging around a fire were blowing blond lrbanese and well, got on the road back to Florida. Crashed for 12 hours got up and wet and did it again. Think I could do it again but...:lol:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, billybob said:

Think the copyright id=is my issue.Look fir thr Royal Albert video of 69, it id orth the trouble.

Think only dse them twice, once in Jax with Catmother and the all night newboys, a decent band from think, New Yoork, other time Atlanta 2ns pop festival. Long story but woke in time for. Next I remembered was Johnny Winter And, it was hot and suffered freom hear prostration. Laid me in the shade like ZZ and gave me a salt tab or two, lol. Allman Brothers opened and closed frstival. Dodes hanging around a fire were blowing blond lrbanese and well, got on the road back to Florida. Crashed for 12 hours got up and wet and did it again. Think I could do it again but...:lol:

Well, you've got more stories than I could tell.  Was never much of a concert goer.  Large, compact crowds, were not a favorite of mine.  So, since this is C,C, and C what's your choice of beverage this evening?

• Like 2

Long Island Tea or Manhattan Iced tea, although the best have had is Melbourne, Fl.

Second is Spinnakers In PCB, Fl.

20 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Well, you've got more stories than I could tell.  Was never much of a concert goer.  Large, compact crowds, were not a favorite of mine.  So, since this is C,C, and C what's your choice of beverage this evening?

• Like 2