Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

i just noticed that and was reading through that thread in there.  Big changes since i’ve been gone. 

yes there has been a lot of changes..

some say you did some traveling as

a street preformer..under a assumed

name......

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

yes there has been a lot of changes..

some say you did some traveling as

a street preformer..under a assumed

name......

i can assure you that isn’t something you’ll find me doing. Love my guitars, love creating music; but, performing ... not even the slightest desire. Have friends that love that aspect of music the most, they really enjoy it and it is very evident watching them onstage. I say “good for them.” At this point in my life, it’s therapy for me. 

The late Chris Squire of YES once told me that his bass practically played itself.  Well, my wall of guitars and I have an agreement ... they can play themselves whenever they want, just don’t ask me to be there. 

Thanks for video -- always love hearing different covers of that song.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Thanks Brian and Mike.  

Mike we could use some of the water you got -- 16 forest fires here.  It’s like i’m living in a bonfire. Ashes coating my car, people walking around with masks, can’t see the mountains anymore. Every once in a while, the wind will shift and give us some relief from the smoke; but, then it will shift again and we’re in it again. 

News reported that this is going to be our norm until at least next Tuesday.  I hope my lungs hold out -- they’re aching already.

• Like 3

• Moderators

So let's see, Rockport on Monday, and then pick up friends in Austin on Wed. And drive them back to their house in Houston, drive their daughter back to airport in Austin, football game last night with son, and Austin is out of gas.

You can get all of the diesel you want, however. 

Starbuck cafe Americano 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

This brings fortune-telling to a whole, new level:  Scatomancy

I could have told you this long ago....I read the local deer droppings  from the animals that venture onto my property at night, and know that their fortune is that if they eat any of my garden, they will be dead soon.

Random question:  Other than the NPRC in St Louis - does anyone have any suggestions for digging up WWII info?  I was given my late grandfathers helmet and dress coat this summer and I would like to try to piece together as best I can where his battalion (if I'm lucky!) was and when.  Does anyone have any experience researching these kinds of things?  The huge fire in St Louis in '73 did no favors in this regard, but the internet is a marvelous thing.

Happy Friday to the fellow working types! 

Cup o'Joe #2 is on board... cheers!  :emotion-44:

• Like 3