Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 minute ago, mungkiman said:

But not why it wasn't removed from other threads on this forum.

Subjective.

I think that was answered as well either in this thread, or the other one about the missing threads.  Go back and take a look.  I think "context" is the operative word you are looking for.

Keep in mind there were about 20 photos posted in this thread of women in everything from their underwear to nothing at all.  It wasn't one photo.

If it is bothering you that much you can send a PM to Chad, he said he would be happy to answer any questions.  

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

But not why it wasn't removed from other threads on this forum.

Subjective.

Not sure what other threads you are referring to. I did find a thread back in 2012 that had a link to those yellow shirt photos. I did not see any pictures in this thread of entirely nude women. I did see one picture in here that was a more revealing than what I considered to be acceptable. 

Travis,

The photos have been on the website of the authorized Klipsch distributor in Germany for years.  They are there at this moment.

https://www.klipsch-direct.de/Klipsch-Hotties.html

The photos have been posted in this forum many times without as much as a whimper.  To suddenly censor them from this thread with the implication they are inappropriate, while Klipsch allows them to remain on an authorized distributor's website, a form of advertising, is hypocritical.  To suggest that "of course" Klipsch would not use such photos as advertising is disingenuous, at best.

I didn't post them, so I care not whether they stay or go, but hypocrisy and censorship are always troubling.  PWK had an irreverent sense of humor.   He would not be amused.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Travis,

The photos have been on the website of the authorized Klipsch distributor in Germany for years.  They are there at this moment.

The photos have been posted in this forum many times without as much as a whimper.  To suddenly censor them from this thread with the implication they are inappropriate, while Klipsch allows them to remain on an authorized distributor's website, a form of advertising, is hypocritical.  To suggest that "of course" Klipsch would not use such photos as advertising is disingenuous, at best.

I didn't post them, so I care not whether they stay or go, but hypocrisy and censorship are always troubling.  PWK had an irreverent sense of humor.   He would not be amused.

I would respectfully request that we not continue pursuing discussions on this topic. We can follow up with Chad on the subject and discuss it further after that time. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Travis,

You don't want to call me disingenuous, that is your one and only warning on that.

And "of course" they wouldn't.  All one needs to do is look at their advertising over the years and it is pretty apparent that Klipsch and Associates or its successors had nothing to do with those photos, of course you are forgetting to mention the one with the Khorn, and the one with the gal with the cup of coffee in her underwear, and the . . . .

It isn't censorship, it has a special meaning, and it isn't even close here.

Why do you keep coming back to this?

If you have a problem with the photos being removed, or the Rule they were removed under you can take it up with Chad.  

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I didn't post them, so I care not whether they stay or go, but hypocrisy and censorship are always troubling.

Gosh I thought my memory was really going bad, because I could have sworn you posted photos in this thread, and I could have sworn at least one of yours had nothing to do with Klipsch, and had a gal with no bottoms on.  No Klipsch ad, just a gal looking at her Beatles album.

Do you really want to stand  by that statement that you didn't post anything [or are you going to be clever and say you were just referring to gal in the yellow shirt?].

You do realize that the moderators can still see them right?

6 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Gosh I thought my memory was really going bad, because I could have sworn you posted photos in this thread, and I could have sworn at least one of yours had nothing to do with Klipsch, and had a gal with no bottoms on.  No Klipsch ad, just a gal looking at her Beatles album.

Goodness me. Please post it in another thread...

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

I would suggest y'all take these discussions to PM. 

Christy

I'm not going to discuss anything in a PM.  You can PM him all you want to.

He doesn't want to take you up on your suggestion to move on, shows how much respect he has for you and poor tarheel's thread.  

If they only knew what a thread it was hanging by.

This much I can say for sure since y'all are on the precipice of demolishing a very enjoyable CCC thread, please don't do the same to the Garage Sale. I just sold a very nice sounding pair of amps to a friend I made right on this here Forum. Please refrain from jeopardizing  that one too. Thanks and have a wonderful evening! Pitiful ----- 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dwilawyer said:
4 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

I would suggest y'all take these discussions to PM. 

Christy

I'm not going to discuss anything in a PM.  You can PM him all you want to.

He doesn't want to take you up on your suggestion to move on, shows how much respect he has for you and poor tarheel's thread.  

You're the one who has argued with everyone on this, and are now arguing with other mods. This is your fourth post since Christy said to give it a brake. 

Don't respond to this post or any other - give it a break. 

4 hours ago, richieb said:

This much I can say for sure since y'all are on the precipice of demolishing a very enjoyable CCC thread, please don't do the same to the Garage Sale. I just sold a very nice sounding pair of amps to a friend I made right on this here Forum. Please refrain from jeopardizing  that one too. Thanks and have a wonderful evening! Pitiful ----- 

Congrats on your sale Richie, someone got a nice pair of amps.

• Like 1