Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You're the one who has argued with everyone on this, and are now arguing with other mods. This is your fourth post since Christy said to give it a brake. 

Don't respond to this post or any other - give it a break. 

Really?  I think you might want to take another look at that sequence of events.  

Argued?  I respectfully disagree.  I have responded to questions and corrected misinformation.  Christy and I never argue with one another, she is usually always right and I just do what she tells me.

Hopefully, everyone will want to give it a rest so this thread can get back on track.  If there are any remaining questions they can be made by PM to Christy or Chad.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

"Get in the moody with Hudy.  Hudepohl 14-K beer here."  Vendors sang out at Crosley Field in the summers of old.

IMG_0227.JPG

Why do I recognize that brand name?  Has that been sold in a particular region or stadium for a long time?

I seem to recall having in back in lates 70s.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Who is doing an Oktoberfest? I've been to the one in Zinzinnati a few time and Columbus once.   Nothing beats drinking enough beer to make you want to do the Chicken Dance and eat Limburger Cheese. 

http://www.oktoberfestzinzinnati.com/

That looks like a fun one.

We went to the German Klub Oktoberfest south of Indy last weekend. We go every year. Good times and boots full of beer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chad said:

That looks like a fun one.

We went to the German Klub Oktoberfest south of Indy last weekend. We go every year. Good times and boots full of beer.

That's a nice event. There is another Oktoberfest on the Circle this Friday.....http://www.downtownindy.org/events/1136/monument-circle-oktoberfest/

• Moderators
Just now, oldtimer said:

Just a simple question raised during my second round of coffee, the last of the bag of Donut Store Blend from Aldi.  While not accusing anyone of heavy handedness, the locking does give the appearance of heavy handedness.

Take it up with Chad via PM he locked them. 

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Why the sudden concern about thread drift?  We now have 2 locked threads just because "they ran their course?"  Usually, when a thread runs its course, it just fades down the pages as other threads supplant it.  

Oldie, quit feigning being a bimbo. :o   You know why.  Those other threads are full of people splitting hairs with mods.  The mods are saying the hair-splitting is getting old and aggravating.  

So....  How about those Texans?  Looks like it's going to be another bad year for football in Houston.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Usually, when a thread runs its course, it just fades down the pages as other threads supplant it.  

this is SO not the case.

People love to dig up old threads for no real reason. 

Those 2 threads went off the rails and the topics were addressed and I saw there was no real value in keeping them open for discussion, which would have just meant more back & forth about ultimately frivolous things.

• Like 2