Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

58 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

My Mom had 3 sons in less than 22 months, and 10 days. You will have fun, keep us posted :D

I doubt I'll go to Starschmucks to get coffee, probably the local convenient store. My wife has a Keurig, but it's some flavored stuff.

And the only times I frequented 'Bucks was when traveling, through airports and on the company card. Amazingly good brew when it was being paid for. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i went into Starbucks and asked where the cable section was and got the same glazed look. I guess the Cable-rista didn’t know Tarheel.

Good thing, at starbucks prices junk cable would start at $100 a foot.

Never been in a starbucks and probably never will, or anyplace that has a barista, don't care how good the coffee is. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

My Mom had 3 sons in less than 22 months, and 10 days. You will have fun, keep us posted :D

We had 3 girls in 25 months, I don't remember alot of fun at first, but it will happen later. Didn't want a 4th if they promised it would be a boy. 

Now the youngest is almost 37 and I am very close to 60.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

Never been in a starbucks 

never liked their coffee -- i like to girly up my coffee with cream & sugar. Starbucks coffee is too strong.

I was in one a few months ago, my brother was getting some coffee and i was waiting outside on their patio.  I walk over to the window to peek in (it was taking my brother a very long time) and what appeared to be a drug-crazed guy with neck tattoos comes charging at me wanting to fight. He was upset that i was standing behind him -- i guess that made him nervous. 

I told him to get the *&% out of my face and just then my brother came outside and grabbed my arm and led me away.  Closest i’d came to being in a fight in 30 years. It’s a weird feeling when someone comes charging at you and you know that they want to fight. Those cats hopped up on Starbucks coffee thinking their superman.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i like to girly up my coffee with cream & sugar.

So do I.

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

He was upset that i was standing behind him -- i guess that made him nervous. 

Well you are intimidating looking, :angry2: last time that happened to me in Arkansas 2 years ago and I just got a little closer to his face and like most pinks he changed his tune real quick, it didn't hurt that 6 friends that were with me were within 5 feet, always a good thing.

I avoid fights at all cost, only as a last resort. 

I have to tell you a story, a friend Kevin who was once a boxer and a big guy was talking about one fight and how he knocked the guy out. There was a bunch of us there and after he was done I told him where everyone could hear, " you couldn't knock me out " he looked at me surprised I said that, I said because you couldn't catch me, and I am surely not going to stand there and box with you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have to tell you a story, a friend Kevin who was once a boxer and a big guy was talking about one fight and how he knocked the guy out. There was a bunch of us there and after he was done I told him where everyone could hear, " you couldn't knock me out " he looked at me surprised I said that, I said because you couldn't catch me, and I am surely not going to stand there and box with you. 

just wrote out a good story for you; but, deleted it. I wasn’t the key player in this story, so decided not to tell it. I guess there are some stories one shouldn’t put in writing. If we ever meet in person, and you’re buying me a beer, remind me of this topic and i’ll tell you a good one. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Trying to figure out the math here, but I suppose there could be twins in there somewhere.  But with out twins there has to be two that were each born about 1.5 to 2 months premature?

No twins, not even Irish twins. My Mom gave birth to a son, 11 months later had another, 11 months and 10 days later had a 3rd son :D She still has the 1953 Indianapolis Star newspaper article about how quickly she achieved this. The interesting part of my parent's early life was that they were living in a 12' travel trailer with 3 young boys while my Dad built their home, he still lives there! They had a daughter 20 months later, another son 3 years later, a son 5 years later (me) another son 2 years later!

6 hours ago, richieb said:

And the only times I frequented 'Bucks was when traveling, through airports and on the company card. Amazingly good brew when it was being paid for. 

My niece has a Starbucks habit....2 trips a day there. My brother reminds her if she would apply the $12 a day she spends there into a retirement account, she would be a millionaire when she retires.

6 hours ago, dtel said:

Congratulations, and a boy, we never had one of those models.

I have 5 brothers, one sister. My brothers all had girls, my sister has two sons! After adopting 2 teenage girls in 2013, I think girls are easier to raise than boys.

6 hours ago, dtel said:

We had 3 girls in 25 months, I don't remember alot of fun at first, but it will happen later. Didn't want a 4th if they promised it would be a boy. 

Now the youngest is almost 37 and I am very close to 60.

At least girls help out around the house, boys destroy the house. Do you have grandchildren?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

never liked their coffee -- i like to girly up my coffee with cream & sugar. Starbucks coffee is too strong.

I was in one a few months ago, my brother was getting some coffee and i was waiting outside on their patio.  I walk over to the window to peek in (it was taking my brother a very long time) and what appeared to be a drug-crazed guy with neck tattoos comes charging at me wanting to fight. He was upset that i was standing behind him -- i guess that made him nervous. 

I told him to get the *&% out of my face and just then my brother came outside and grabbed my arm and led me away.  Closest i’d came to being in a fight in 30 years. It’s a weird feeling when someone comes charging at you and you know that they want to fight. Those cats hopped up on Starbucks coffee thinking their superman.

Is there a coffee chain up there called Dutch Brothers? I saw an Undercover Boss episode about them. The owner seemed like a great guy, and did a lot for his employees.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

No twins, not even Irish twins. My Mom gave birth to a son, 11 months later had another, 11 months and 10 days later had a 3rd son :D She still has the 1953 Indianapolis Star newspaper article about how quickly she achieved this

Which is why I avoid math.  You obviously don't need to factor time for 1st son, he's already there waiting for his brothers to come along.  

So you oldest brother is about 12 years older than you?

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Do you have grandchildren?

Yes 6, 3 boys and 3 girls, the oldest boy is now 17, he was the first boy in our family since me.

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I think girls are easier to raise than boys.

For us it seemed just the opposite, except for the last boy, he could destroy a anything.

35 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Which is why I avoid math.  You obviously don't need to factor time for 1st son, he's already there waiting for his brothers to come along.  

So you oldest brother is about 12 years older than you?

Yes, I'm 54, he's 66, he turns 67 in one month.

What's funny is...Mike just turned 65 two weeks ago, Steve is 65 right now, Steve turns 66 tomorrow, Tom is 66, Tom will be 67 in 1 month. 

The rumor is my Mom stayed in the hospital for a couple years, and my Dad just visited.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, dtel said:

Yes 6, 3 boys and 3 girls, the oldest boy is now 17, he was the first boy in our family since me.

For us it seemed just the opposite, except for the last boy, he could destroy a anything.

That probably keeps you busy. I grew up with a lot of boys in our family, probably why I prefer girls.

I have a lot of nieces and nephews, youngest is 20, oldest is 45. Now they're having kids too. When my immediate family gets together, there is 56 people. Everyone is still local, and everyone gets along. 

Travis, maybe that's why I'm good in math, been trying to figure this out for decades:D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Must have been conjugal visits.

I think life was very different back then. He worked very hard, managed to raise 7 kids, and was always at all our baseball, basketball, football games. He coached baseball for 25 years. He's 88, and in great shape. His diet his whole life has been pork chops, biscuits and gravy, bacon....a lot of fried foods, and a half a gallon of coffee every day :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Trying to figure out the math here, but I suppose there could be twins in there somewhere.  But with out twins there has to be two that were each born about 1.5 to 2 months premature?

if you start the clock when the first one was born and not when conceived it works out fairly easily.

• Like 2