Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, CECAA850 said:

Congrats!!!!

Thank you!

22 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

My Mom had 3 sons in less than 22 months, and 10 days. You will have fun, keep us posted :D

I doubt I'll go to Starschmucks to get coffee, probably the local convenient store. My wife has a Keurig, but it's some flavored stuff.

Ours are five and almost 3.  3 boys in under two years - you must have been the best of "frienemies!"  No one pushes one's buttons quite as well as a sibling...

20 hours ago, dtel said:

Congratulations, and a boy, we never had one of those models.

Thank you!

We have asked the two boys for name ideas.  We were given "Bob" ("but I'm gonna call him Bubba") aaaaand Scooterdolph; shortened from Scooter Rudolph.  I have asked my 2yo not to be too disappointed if we don't go with Scooterdolph, but he's free to call him bubba all he wants. 

These are the good ol days!

• Like 3

.........all this family and coffee talk................well, I could not resist a somewhat on topic photo..........right now over in RTM, listening to this classic Stevie LP...........got my vino going and thought I would show what I picked up at the market today....  

Yes, it is Starbucks whole bean in the bag...............  :D.............IMG_7078.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

.........all this family and coffee talk................well, I could not resist a somewhat on topic photo..........right now over in RTM, listening to this classic Stevie LP...........got my vino going and thought I would show what I picked up at the market today....  

Yes, it is Starbucks whole bean in the bag...............  :D.............IMG_7078.jpg

have a $5 off coupon ...for a 40oz bag...that makes $12

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

Yes, it is Starbucks whole bean in the bag...............  :D.............

As long as it make you happy, I might try some one day, but never by the cup, maby like you did ?

Great choice of music, I love SRV, could you imagine what he would have become without the accident, amazing style.  

• Thanks 1

Third cup down, well almost, time to get to chores. 15 donated cacti to plant as well as other stuff. We(the better half will help)have to put aviary wire in the holes where we plant otherwise the gophers eat everything. Bastards. Funny how they don't eat weeds but sure do love anything we plant. Later.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Busy today, full motion tv wall mount came in so I mounted this contraption to the wall then hung the TV. Overall if was not hard, just a little nervous hanging a 65" tv, never used one of these mounts before. The mount is rated for 110 lbs and the tv was only 61 lbs, got one a little heavier to make sure I would have no problems. I got lucky I had two studs right where I needed them, if not I had planned to screw down a piece of 3/4" plywood across studs and mount to that.

Seems to work well, the Tv can be moved and it stays where you leave it, glad it's over. 

• Like 2

Chuck, @Tarheel

How was the reunion?  I'm headed to my 3rd, and final, 50th HS reunion, at which I'll supply music.  Armed with my experiences from the first two, I'll set up the Heresys in a pavilion that's separated from the area where people will gather to converse.  The boombox will provide background music in the conversation area.

So far, people think they want to listen to the oldies, but they really want to talk.  Individual conversations in large groups of sexagenarians is difficult enough without the overlay of loud music.  Separating the loud music from the conversations is paramount.  Conversations are more important than oldies.

IMG_0177.JPG

• Like 2

Morning folks, its been a while since I dropped by.  Thought I would take the time to say hi.  Hopefully all that had to ride out the hurricanes made it out safe and sound.  Been busy as a bee for the last couple years.  Since we have purchased a camper, we spend most of our weekends at the lake where we lease a spot for the year.  A lot of drinking, bbq, music and anything else lake related.  Kids are at the age of full time sports, middle school activities,  etc... you know the drill.   Throw my school work into the mix and I suddenly realized how I wish I would have done collage after high school.   Now that summer is winding down, I feel the itch to get back to the man cave for late night listening sessions.  

I've always been one of those type that ask what if ( only with situations I have total control over).  I have always wondered how different horns sound.  Even though I have been happy with my current EV horns in the man cave, I recently sent a check to JWC for some Eliptrac mids/tweeters.  I should have them in a couple of weeks, where I will be setting them on top of my diy Belle like bass bins. 

Speaking of BBQ, I picked up a used Big Green Egg this summer.  Lets just say it has been my favorite grill/smoker/oven.   Cooking all sorts of stuff on it, today will be over the top chili.

Coffee hasn't changed, Eight O' clock Italian roast, 2-3 cups a day, maybe 3-4 on the weekends.  Life is good, keep on keeping on.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Chuck, @Tarheel

How was the reunion?  I'm headed to my 3rd, and final, 50th HS reunion, at which I'll supply music.  Armed with my experiences from the first two, I'll set up the Heresys in a pavilion that's separated from the area where people will gather to converse.  The boombox will provide background music in the conversation area.

So far, people think they want to listen to the oldies, but they really want to talk.  Individual conversations in large groups of sexagenarians is difficult enough without the overlay of loud music.  Separating the loud music from the conversations is paramount.  Conversations are more important than oldies.

IMG_0177.JPG

Neil, the line "3rd, and final, 50th HS reunion" has me confused. I see three choices.

1. Your school had three different 50th reunions.

2. You went to there different high schools your final year.

3. It took you three years as a senior to graduate.

I'm just trying to be funny. I took Richie's advice and drank a cup of coffee earlier, now I'm wired :D

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Neil, the line "3rd, and final, 50th HS reunion" has me confused. I see three choices.

1. Your school had three different 50th reunions.

2. You went to there different high schools your final year.

3. It took you three years as a senior to graduate.

I'm just trying to be funny. I took Richie's advice and drank a cup of coffee earlier, now I'm wired :D

----- I'm on my fourth partial cup, my wire has yet to tighten. I've got a long way to go until wired sets in. In reality it never does. Was told I have blood type "C" - caffeine. Transfusions are easy to come by ----

• Like 2