Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Don't have to think about it if all my bikes are like that.

That's just like you: Smart. When I raced, I wasn't riding on the street, so it didn't take lone to jump to the other side and do the opposite of what I had been doing for ever :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

You still ride?

I have a Yamaha FJ1200 that I've had since it was almost new (super low miles from test rides (let's scare myself before I don't buy it test rides)). It was parked since 02 (letting machinery set is the wrong thing to do). I got it out and going with some money, work and some new rubber just a couple of months ago.  I've ran a few tanks of petro though her to get a feel. She still jumps up to over a buck and a half mph while still climbing strong. I'm sure that there will be wider chicken strips on these skins than there ever was before. :( 

Now I'm looking at FJRs and R6s. Is that like Cornwall III or Forte III? 

What do you have?

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, akdave said:
On 9/15/2017 at 9:29 PM, dtel said:

Your right, enjoy them, and please tell the wife Congratulations, we all know who is doing all the hard work. 

Yeeeeaaaahhhh our contribution to this whole thing is rather pathetic...  :blink2:

I wouldn't say pathetic, but it's hard to compare your time compare to hers to make this happen. :o Your was fun, hers lasted for 9 months and it wasn't all fun, guaranteed.

All just a guess from my own experience.........and this is not even counting the last few minutes and hours of this she will go through, personally that would scare the hell out of me !  :o

Hope everything goes great for both of you, (mostly her) :biggrin: and the baby is perfect. :emotion-51:

20 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

That's just like you: Smart. When I raced, I wasn't riding on the street, so it didn't take lone to jump to the other side and do the opposite of what I had been doing for ever :ph34r:

I have a Yamaha FJ1200 that I've had since it was almost new (super low miles from test rides (let's scare myself before I don't buy it test rides)). It was parked since 02 (letting machinery set is the wrong thing to do). I got it out and going with some money, work and some new rubber just a couple of months ago.  I've ran a few tanks of petro though her to get a feel. She still jumps up to over a buck and a half mph while still climbing strong. I'm sure that there will be wider chicken strips on these skins than there ever was before. :( 

Now I'm looking at FJRs and R6s. Is that like Cornwall III or Forte III? 

What do you have?

I'm down to 2 bikes....a mint street Honda RC51, and a 1st gen SV650 Superbike (race only)

I hope to ride again soon:D

• Like 1

I've never seen that pic, thought I saw them all.

I have some great photos when Nicky did a promotional gig before the first GP here. He made a few laps on a 1912? race bike, then did some hot laps on a red/white/blue CBR1000. The crowd loved it, made me feel proud to be an American. Those pics are on my old computer in a closet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Yes, yes Ceptor, and they are still the leaders TODAY on flattrack...   I should do a search on the latest flat track racing news huh?............;)   Thanks for the link.............I DID scan through it....:emotion-21:

That is some of the best racing around, especially the 1 mile tracks. Can you imagine 130 mph on a bike, on dirt, sideways through the turns, steering with the throttle, and NO BRAKES! 

Nicky Hayden was one of the few people that won on dirt and asphalt, and in the top series. Wish he was around long enough to win the Triple Crown.

• Like 2