Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I'm tired, we spent all day rewiring audio today, both 2 ch and Ht, many changes back and forth with home theater receiver, DAC feeding everything with different inputs and connections, at one point today we had a hum but now gone. Everything redone and tuned up, levels set and new sub installed with amp. It's awesome, sounds great, listened to some music for testing and a few minutes of a movie just to make sure everything was working as it should.  A few more small things to get it complete, set the HT individual speaker levels and rename a few inputs and it's done. 

It's a real pain dealing with all the different components and how each has to be connected for the best results, this would have taken me at least days by myself, probably more. The is the part of this hobby I don't care for.

Ahhhhh the joys uv wire management.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Love The New TV stand Eldon.

It's amazing, just finished watching some of a movie. The music sounded great, but tonight we tried a movie and it was shocking. Took a break and went out on the porch for a minute,  the sign hanging on the wall out there was rattling along with alot of other things around the house. What really surprised me more than anything was the quality of the bass, yes it's alot of bass, but the quality and how well it blends with the Forte's was way better than I could have ever expected. 

Christy was never a bass person, but she is in love with this thing and ready to watch more movies, this is new for her, she never wants to watch a movie.

Thank You Roy for tuning everything up, to say the least.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

Wow, the chief engineer at Klipsch Professional comes to your house to tune up your HT.:emotion-21: That's way on this side of allright:D

He's allright like that, my mom always told me to pick better friends, she was right. 

Part of the problem I was having was the DAC, I love it, but it made connecting everything I wanted a nightmare with limited connections. Chief Bonehead rewired everything on the 2 CH and HT to all be controlled with the receiver which has easy connections for almost anything. Before I had to switch and press many different things to go from different sources for both 2 ch and ht. much easier now.

I was at first completely against the change because with the other receiver I used it never sounded nearly as good as with just the DAC. But with a different receiver it now does sound just as good and much easier to control and switch everything. Both receivers are old but one apparently is much better quality.   Plus we added the new sub and set it to match everything, it definitely made both systems sound much better. After we got to listening I just had to tell Roy, I guess my old sub sucked much more than I thought it did, it was a Danely spud clone.......it's going to my daughters now. :)  I only heard the 1502 with music until now and really liked it, but with movies it does much more than I thought it could possibly do. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Now the ugly.  Bourbon St.

I heard they were working on it but had no idea it was in that condition, wow. The local news said the cost was 1 million per block, when they start digging there is no telling what they are going to find. 

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Bread pudding pancakes. It's a good thing we did a lot of walking all weekend.  

That's the problem it seems, the better things are never good for you, did you two get a chance to go to Cafe du Monde ? 

Hope y'all had a good time.

23 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's the problem it seems, the better things are never good for you, did you two get a chance to go to Cafe du Monde ? 

Hope y'all had a good time.

Of course.  We went Sunday morning early.  Later in the morning it's crazy and people are lined up down the block waiting to get in.  The pancakes were from the day before.  we ate at a place called the Ruby Slipper.  My wife had Banana Fosters French toast.  She got 3 slices that were from a fresh loaf of French bread cut horizontally.  Each slice was about 8 or nine inches long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My nose was working overtime the entire stay there.  My oldest daughter and I have a fairly keen sense of smell for some reason and we're normally the first ones to notice when something is "off".  The whole time we were walking my nose would go from ecstasy to disgust.  You'd smell crab boil one moment, urine the next.  Food smells like frying catfish or steak were followed by garbage or BO from a passer by.  There was always the random pot smoke wafting around as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Sounds good, not the trip to take while trying to watch your weight, anyway It's not like you eat like that every day, good thing. 

We definitely walked it off.  My phone has a pedometer and Saturday it logged over 24,000 steps.  I could get drunk and sober up before the next meal and do it again, LOL.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My nose was working overtime the entire stay there.  My oldest daughter and I have a fairly keen sense of smell for some reason and we're normally the first ones to notice when something is "off".  The whole time we were walking my nose would go from ecstasy to disgust.  You'd smell crab boil one moment, urine the next.  Food smells like frying catfish or steak were followed by garbage or BO from a passer by.  There was always the random pot smoke wafting around as well.

That pretty much perfectly describes the regular french quarter experience, not forgetting the stale beer smell, and you can multiply that by 3 for mardi gras. :o

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Now the ugly.  Bourbon St.

20170923_114213.jpg

Heading there tomorrow. Looks like I may be disappointed. The bread pudding pancakes should help.

Last Friday, I flew to Seattle and drove back to St Louis (32+ hours of driving)!!! Getting on a plane tomorrow sounds terrible, but.....

• Moderators

Mookie goes to the french quarter and this place dies off, get some coffee and wake up people. :emotion-44:

Ok why don't everyone come here one weekend and we can all go to the quarter, you wouldn't forget that, or you might ?

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Mookie goes to the french quarter and this place dies off, get some coffee and wake up people. :emotion-44:

Ok why don't everyone come here one weekend and we can all go to the quarter, you wouldn't forget that, or you might ?

You better check with the Mrs before you make this offer. We might show up and never leave. I've never been there.

I was on the 1984 Olympic Drinking Team:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1