Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

but somehow you lose some of the ambiance when it's manufactured new, to look old.

Oh, we have that here, too, and it's very popular!  Pappasito's Mexican Restaurants and Pappadeux's Seafood Restaurants were early on-comers with this motif.  You'd be a very wealthy man if you could just own one of their many locations. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Oh, we have that here, too, and it's very popular!  Pappasito's Mexican Restaurants and Pappadeux's Seafood Restaurants were early on-comers with this motif.  You'd be a very wealthy man if you could just own one of their many locations. 

I did experience a Mamacitas restaurant in San Antonio, it was new but very good.

Now I'm hungry :D

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, babadono said:

Speaking of food, jimjimbo and north-- how are the pickled green beans coming along?

Let me put it this way.....I don't have enough room in my garage anymore to park my car.....I may have to rent a small Uhaul trailer on the next trip to Hope.....and that's not for audio gear....

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Wait, do you mean to tell me that a deep fried pork cutlet can't stand up to some gumbo, or jambalaya, or a Po Boy?

Hey I like that also, but I have to say no. :lol:

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Tell me the north isn't still cursed with lack of flavor.  Surely, some there have discovered food before and brought it back and learned how to make it.

For the most part yes, cursed. I did have some good pizza both times I went, although from the same place, hope they don't go out of business. :o Almost forgot I did have some good corn, but at certain times of the year it's everywhere. :huh:

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Now I'm hungry :D

I'm always hungry, it's how I got this fat....smoking some chicken and pork loin right now. :emotion-21:

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, BigStewMan said:

When i was in the Coast Guard and stationed on a ship in Michigan, one of my shipmates invited me to his parent’s place for a weekend.  It was in Lafayette, Indiana. I don’t remember much about it though. We went to a huge party and it was the 70s and I would take anything given to me -- i do remember at one point, being SO messed up that i wondered what in the world was given to me. 

Actually, I’d have to look at a map to see what part of the state Lafayette is in.

I remember reading about that in the paper Steve.  You were wasted just looking at that mug shot.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I remember reading about that in the paper Steve.  You were wasted just looking at that mug shot.

one time, i was in Minnesota and had a flight to Los Angeles that evening -- I went to the wrong airport.  I remember telling the airport lady, “Look, i just want to go to Los Angeles, can you get me there?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i just drank two cups of coffee -- it’s starting to get chilly around here.  I imagine that at some point, i’ll have to use the heater -- trying to hold off as long as possible though.

I haven’t used a heater in YEARS.

just on my second cup

and here's something to warm

things up..

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Hey Mark, how's business, you been busy?

It's been OK.... been kinda hit and miss... 

I talk to the vendors that come around the shop and they tell me most shops are the same around town.... one day there jammed with work the next day there mechanics are standing around with there finger up there...... One thing that's good with my shop is I'm the only mechanic.... so I don't have guys all pissed off if no work is coming in. 

Even back in my dealer days I remember days when I would produce 20+ labor hours in one day and the next day I might do 3 or 4 labor hours..... it is what it is.....

Yesterday the used car guys kept me busy..... most of the time it's real easy work for those guys.... I do 99% of the work for those guys. Once and awhile there be a job that I can't handle or I want no parts of. I try to do most of it for em.... but if I think it's gonna get my shop all twisted up, I'm out. 

We're taking the day off today. There is a shop owner thing down town that we're going to. All kind of vendors will be there.... from shop equipment to parts to credit card processing... We have no plans on getting anything but it's good to see what's new...

MKP :-)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

It's been OK.... been kinda hit and miss... 

I talk to the vendors that come around the shop and they tell me most shops are the same around town.... one day there jammed with work the next day there mechanics are standing around with there finger up there...... One thing that's good with my shop is I'm the only mechanic.... so I don't have guys all pissed off if no work is coming in. 

Even back in my dealer days I remember days when I would produce 20+ labor hours in one day and the next day I might do 3 or 4 labor hours..... it is what it is.....

Yesterday the used car guys kept me busy..... most of the time it's real easy work for those guys.... I do 99% of the work for those guys. Once and awhile there be a job that I can't handle or I want no parts of. I try to do most of it for em.... but if I think it's gonna get my shop all twisted up, I'm out. 

We're taking the day off today. There is a shop owner thing down town that we're going to. All kind of vendors will be there.... from shop equipment to parts to credit card processing... We have no plans on getting anything but it's good to see what's new...

Yes, getting away for even one day is always nice, plus you might see something interesting that you might need. Have fun.

• Like 2

News from my alma mater, researchers are working on a birth control for men. 

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2017/10/11/michigan-state-researchers-developing-birth-control/749919001/

This news comes too late for this 68 year-old Spartan who has yet to amortize a vasectomy received many years ago.  If this male contraceptive catches on, the defense of "I was cleaning it and it went off" will no longer be necessary in paternity suits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well it looks like Yelp is up to it's tricks again.....

If you guys remember we had an issue with some Yelp reviews a few months back. This "A" hole slammed us and got his two kids to cut and past his review as there own. Now this is :pwk_bs:! He has the right to leave his review but his two kids that have never been to my shop. 

So after a big battle with Yelp they took down the bogus reviews. Today my wife finds one of the bogus reviews up again. 

Yelp is a scam!!!  they want you to advertise through them and if you don't they won't take the phony reviews down. They have even taken down my good reviews from my real customers. They tell me the reviews are "Too Good" WHAT THE.......

And the one customer that says she loves me and my shop gave me only 3 stars.... every time there in the shop they tell me how great I am but again only 3 stars... I don't get it:huh:

We have 3 pages of reviews "not recommended" by Yelp. They have suppressed them..... all 5 stars... Some were from my Klipsch peeps when we had the issue;). But most from my real customers...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

News from my alma mater, researchers are working on a birth control for men. 

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2017/10/11/michigan-state-researchers-developing-birth-control/749919001/

This news comes too late for this 68 year-old Spartan who has yet to amortize a vasectomy received many years ago.  If this male contraceptive catches on, the defense of "I was cleaning it and it went off" will no longer be necessary in paternity suits.

220px-Hirundo_neoxena_risdon.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

Going back to Ar kan saw tomorrow sometime, a little museum work and to pick up a present.

Hate to think about the ride, she drives I ride, she says I sightsee to much, so I sleep off and on. I can't help falling asleep I have seen every tree 20 times between home and Hope. :sleep:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Well it looks like Yelp is up to it's tricks again.....

If you guys remember we had an issue with some Yelp reviews a few months back. This "A" hole slammed us and got his two kids to cut and past his review as there own. Now this is :pwk_bs:! He has the right to leave his review but his two kids that have never been to my shop. 

So after a big battle with Yelp they took down the bogus reviews. Today my wife finds one of the bogus reviews up again. 

Yelp is a scam!!!  they want you to advertise through them and if you don't they won't take the phony reviews down. They have even taken down my good reviews from my real customers. They tell me the reviews are "Too Good" WHAT THE.......

And the one customer that says she loves me and my shop gave me only 3 stars.... every time there in the shop they tell me how great I am but again only 3 stars... I don't get it:huh:

We have 3 pages of reviews "not recommended" by Yelp. They have suppressed them..... all 5 stars... Some were from my Klipsch peeps when we had the issue;). But most from my real customers...

sorry to hear this -- i’ve heard other stories of YELP pulling crap like this and extorting money from business owners.

• Like 4