Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Headed to the NC mountains for some leaf looking tomorrow with LF.  Jake is staying at LF's place with fenced in yard and a sitter. 

We love that area in the fall, it's my favorite time to head to the mountains, it's amazing looking. We haven't been in fall in years, we need to change that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

We love that area in the fall, it's my favorite time to head to the mountains, it's amazing looking. We haven't been in fall in years, we need to change that.

this what it's like 45 minutes from here...

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdoors/2017/10/why_are_upstate_ny_fall_foliage_colors_are_muted_this_year.html

-23b019ccb071f57f.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

It's been OK.... been kinda hit and miss... 

I talk to the vendors that come around the shop and they tell me most shops are the same around town.... one day there jammed with work the next day there mechanics are standing around with there finger up there...... One thing that's good with my shop is I'm the only mechanic.... so I don't have guys all pissed off if no work is coming in. 

Even back in my dealer days I remember days when I would produce 20+ labor hours in one day and the next day I might do 3 or 4 labor hours..... it is what it is.....

Yesterday the used car guys kept me busy..... most of the time it's real easy work for those guys.... I do 99% of the work for those guys. Once and awhile there be a job that I can't handle or I want no parts of. I try to do most of it for em.... but if I think it's gonna get my shop all twisted up, I'm out. 

We're taking the day off today. There is a shop owner thing down town that we're going to. All kind of vendors will be there.... from shop equipment to parts to credit card processing... We have no plans on getting anything but it's good to see what's new...

MKP :-)

Yes, getting away for even one day is always nice, plus you might see something interesting that you might need. Have fun.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

The leaves around here are just starting to change. 

yea same here...

I'm gonna be working on the Billy Goat leaf soon. gotta make sure it starts and runs... I mount it on my truck and load leaves in the back. Got side all around my truck bed... then off to the dump with em..

it's a battle every year. It's kinda fun for about a hour or so sucking up those leaves.... then it gets old real quick lol lol

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

yea same here...

I'm gonna be working on the Billy Goat leaf soon. gotta make sure it starts and runs... I mount it on my truck and load leaves in the back. Got side all around my truck bed... then off to the dump with em..

it's a battle every year. It's kinda fun for about a hour or so sucking up those leaves.... then it gets old real quick lol lol

I know what you mean. My lot had 38 trees on it, and I dreaded the annual fight with the leaves. My trees are almost all Ash, a couple Oak. Over the past few years, the local Ash trees were attacked by the Emerald Ash borer, a beetle that destroys the trees. I had to have 22 trees removed, they died. Now I miss being out there dealing with the leaves. It's funny what we miss when we no longer have it.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I'd be hard pressed to keep that in.  No worries though.   You know that bartenders can keep secrets.

You can tell, it makes no difference to me, will add pictures next week, after opening and trying. :D

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

how do you know that my friends and relatives aren’t more messed up than I am?

I was counting on it, some of mine are more messed up, some more normal, so they think. :wacko:

• Like 3

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

We have some Oaks here but not mature so it's less leaves so I just cut them up with the finishing mower.

The neighbors yard across the street 10 acres, is full of mature trees and they pick them up. Mostly his wife actually rake's them up, usually in her bikini, and puts them in a little trailer and moves them to the other side of the yard. She a fitness nut and can rake leaves or weedeat all day, nonstop, he says she's addicted to working out and tanning, he just shakes his head when he talks about it. Doesn't bother me. 

33 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I had to have 22 trees removed, they died.

That sucks, I don't mind removing a tree here and there but to lose that many sucks. 

• Like 3

On 10/9/2017 at 4:57 PM, dirtmudd said:

the devil in disguise

Gia's Halloween costume...

IMG_20171009_165406_hdr.jpg

IMG_20171009_165415_hdr.jpg

IMG_20171009_165427_hdr.jpg

On 10/9/2017 at 5:39 PM, CECAA850 said:

Keep that white costume away from your coffee.

12 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

it's picture day..at Gia's school

IMG_20171012_075102_hdr.jpg

IMG_20171012_075046_hdr.jpg

yep Carl I did spill my coffee on it !!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dtel said:

We have some Oaks here but not mature so it's less leaves so I just cut them up with the finishing mower.

The neighbors yard across the street 10 acres, is full of mature trees and they pick them up. Mostly his wife actually rake's them up, usually in her bikini, and puts them in a little trailer and moves them to the other side of the yard. She a fitness nut and can rake leaves or weedeat all day, nonstop, he says she's addicted to working out and tanning, he just shakes his head when he talks about it. Doesn't bother me. 

That sucks, I don't mind removing a tree here and there but to lose that many sucks. 

Yes, it was a bummer. My whole neighborhood was hit very hard by that beetle. That bad part is, the tree dies so fast, they're not safe to climb to remove them, so a bucket truck might be needed.

30 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

it's picture day..at Gia's school

IMG_20171012_075102_hdr.jpg

IMG_20171012_075046_hdr.jpg

She looks nice.

• Like 4