Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, babadono said:

^Uh huh;) I went to Royal Oak Kimball:) I'm just goofin' on ya @DizRotus I hope all is well.

Now it's just Royal Oak, the home of the Ravens.

As I'm sure you know, your arch rival, Royal Oak Dondero, alma mater of the late Glenn Frey, is now a middle school.

glenn-frey-drive-old-dondero-high-school-mi-royal-oak-usa-august-now-royal-oak-middle-was-founding-member-82616291.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, billybob said:

One of our favorites here(grouper). Yes PCB still billed as Worlds Most Beautiful Beaches. Lived there briefly awhile back. Nan and me like all the coastal haunts looking for seafood.ST. George, Cape San Blas Mexico Beach, Panacea...:emotion-21: We both need a beach vacation, as we used to recharge our battery.

A couple of years ago, while I was visiting my Dad's place, we spent a day at St George Island. I absolutely loved that place. There wasn't a lot of tourist, but it was busy. It had a very nice atmosphere, I still want to get back there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

A couple of years ago, while I was visiting my Dad's place, we spent a day at St George Island. I absolutely loved that place. There wasn't a lot of tourist, but it was busy. It had a very nice atmosphere, I still want to get back there.

Installed a VSAT system there in 2000 but we went there from time to time daytripping at the state park. Lighthouse cool and from there west on the island, residential area. Think they have enough condo's now to fairly accommodate the season. Beach and facilities nice. Our main stays were at Cape San Blas's state park in their cabins. Lots of hiking and the beach even less crowded. Mexico Beach less of a crowd than PCB by far. Spent a fair time at the beach there too. Navarre, Santa Rosa pretty nice also.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Got a bunch of blues CDs from amazon today.  Four Keb Mo and Van Morrison (Roll With The Punches).  Morrison has returned more to his blues roots on this one.

Where be all those Texas boys, Carl, Luther, Oldtimer, drunkattorney?

- Carl's prepping cars

- Luther's building another speaker

- Oldtimer's thinking (deeply)

- drunk attorney is self explanatory 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Installed a VSAT system there in 2000 but we went there from time to time daytripping at the state park. Lighthouse cool and from there west on the island, residential area. Think they have enough condo's now to fairly accommodate the season. Beach and facilities nice. Our main stays were at Cape San Blas's state park in their cabins. Lots of hiking and the beach even less crowded. Mexico Beach less of a crowd than PCB by far. Spent a fair time at the beach there too. Navarre, Santa Rosa pretty nice also.

I have been to Mexico Beach, it was nice, but not quite the same atmosphere as St George. I think I could live there :D

• Like 2

Good morning and happy Friday of sorts to you all! 

It is a balmy 15 degrees this morning and we had our first snow dust of the week, though it has melted off.  Coffee is ALWAYS better when it's cold out. 

Taking a Friday off this week - excited for the long weekend as it's the second weekend since May that it will just be our family under our roof.  (Long story but the inlaws went home this week - great people, but it's nice to have the house back).

Enjoying a dark roast and Eagles station on Pandora. 

Cheers!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, akdave said:

Good morning and happy Friday of sorts to you all! 

It is a balmy 15 degrees this morning and we had our first snow dust of the week, though it has melted off.  Coffee is ALWAYS better when it's cold out. 

Taking a Friday off this week - excited for the long weekend as it's the second weekend since May that it will just be our family under our roof.  (Long story but the inlaws went home this week - great people, but it's nice to have the house back).

Enjoying a dark roast and Eagles station on Pandora. 

Cheers!

Is the little one doing OK?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Its around 72 here and just right for a top down ride in the bubble.  Got a chance to listen to a couple of the Keb Mo CDs and they are very nice.....songs and recording.

75 and not a cloud to be seen, perfect weather. I wish every day of the year was like this:D

• Like 2