Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning! After sseing what I am missing since arising a moment ago, I am going to brew a cup of Java. An espresso may need be come into it later today, since I may do a roadtrip back to Gainesville to collect Nan. Can tell I am struggling a bit like one who wakes up and thinks they are intelligible(lucid) and want to write a treatise on the world at large.

So again I say good morning for now.:emotion-21: Jave, isn't that a country in the Pacific region? Disregard the yak...ing...please. Thanks!

Have a good morning and day.:blush2:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, richieb said:

Why yes it is! Just back from a short 3day bike trip and will wait for a full pot in the morning. So I broke out the small Bialetti expresso maker for a couple small cups. Tastes pretty dadgum good! You enjoy now ----

I assume you meant a motorcycle? I'm jealous!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, richieb said:

Why yes it is! Just back from a short 3day bike trip and will wait for a full pot in the morning. So I broke out the small Bialetti expresso maker for a couple small cups. Tastes pretty dadgum good! You enjoy now ----

3 day bike trip........damn you da man Rich:o

• Like 2

Dang, what an expansion chamber on the street version. largish. Bet will pop a wheelie, even on dirt...:emotion-21:

1968 Bridgestone 2cycle 175cc out of the box racer. Twin expansion chambers...as recall 12,000rpm

capable. Yes it was swift. The smaller framed guy who drove that, knew it's capabilities. In Orlando,

in 70 watched him on Mills avenue drag racing a Sportster in the rain. from a bar door. several times.

Think OPD knew they were doing it, but avoided the totally street illegal craziness. I was around 16

and with older brother and friends drinking a Coke. Finally rode the Bridgestone around the burbs.

It was scary fun. Went back to the Yamaha 250 Enduro for the sake of sanity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Dang, what an expansion chamber on the street version. largish. Bet will pop a wheelie, even on dirt...:emotion-21:

1968 Bridgestone 2cycle 175cc out of the box racer. Twin expansion chambers...as recall 12,000rpm

capable. Yes it was swift. The smaller framed guy who drove that, knew it's capabilities. In Orlando,

in 70 watched him on Mills avenue drag racing a Sportster in the rain. from a bar door. several times.

Think OPD knew they were doing it, but avoided the totally street illegal craziness. I was around 16

and with older brother and friends drinking a Coke. Finally rode the Bridgestone around the burbs.

It was scary fun. Went back to the Yamaha 250 Enduro for the sake of sanity.

had the te 450 dynoed....47 at the rear wheel.. dry weight the bike came

in at 240 lbs....then plus my fat as a

and fluid... - coffee consumption...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

hey Mark.... I don't spread bs...

I like to be straight to the point..

everything I have ...I can prove !!!

and you have my phone # too!

there it is with the 89 Yamaha xt350..

sitting behind a early bronco tub..

that's in the whirly jig pro rotisserie..

the tube as been blasted...and primer epoxyed...than I sprayed it

flat black....for protection...

IMG_20170512_095306.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I assume you meant a motorcycle? I'm jealous!

Oh yeah motorbike, Im far from man enough to do 700 miles through the Arkansas mountains on a pedal bike. 

Me and the wife on the K1600 on back roads through Missouri to NW Arky Eureka Springs and ran the length of Hiway 23 also known as the "Pig Trail". Noted as one of the top ten bike roads in the country. Been on it numerous times but never the full run north to south. Then  to Mena AR and scenic route 88 to Talihina? Oklahoma. It's not a secret anymore but some of the best bike roads in the country wind through Arkansas. We try to get there once or twice a year for the curvy experience, both breathtaking and if your not real careful butt puckering. First time trying the new Dunlop RoadSmart 3 tires, I'll see how they last but the grip was far more than I can test, very good so far. Bike came with Metzlers and went to Pirelli's next. Pretty much any new tire and any modern sport touring bike perform well over my skills. But I push like helll taking into my wife on the back, kids and Grandkids back home. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, richieb said:

Oh yeah motorbike, Im far from man enough to do 700 miles through the Arkansas mountains on a pedal bike. 

Me and the wife on the K1600 on back roads through Missouri to NW Arky Eureka Springs and ran the length of Hiway 23 also known as the "Pig Trail". Noted as one of the top ten bike roads in the country. Been on it numerous times but never the full run north to south. Then  to Mena AR and scenic route 88 to Talihina? Oklahoma. It's not a secret anymore but some of the best bike roads in the country wind through Arkansas. We try to get there once or twice a year for the curvy experience, both breathtaking and if your not real careful butt puckering. First time trying the new Dunlop RoadSmart 3 tires, I'll see how they last but the grip was far more than I can test, very good so far. Bike came with Metzlers and went to Pirelli's next. Pretty much any new tire and any modern sport touring bike perform well over my skills. But I push like helll taking into my wife on the back, kids and Grandkids back home. 

any pictures of the adventure ??

• Like 1

Well I thought it was a pedal bike:mellow: 

Beautiful day here in the Carolinas.

Just in from pressure washing the front porch and walk.  After it dries good I'll put the annual coat of Flood cedar wood stain/sealant on it.  Then put a coat of gray stain on the shoe molding to hide the over roll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1