Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, rplace said:

Each one anytime of the day....Together, no thank you.

I had it all the different ways...

it depends on which of my friends..

drink it...grappa is the tough one...

that alone would put hair on body

parts ..that hair never existed before..

espresso is nothing new to me...

have been drinking it since a little boy... 

before it was mainstream here in American coffee shops...

either at home or going to Caruso 's

inIMG_20170415_075012.thumb.jpg.325db93cc290c356057522f9b2d911d4.jpg the morning.  that's the actual pic of

my coffee there..as you can see...

no sugar or cream....and you can see

the frothy residue left in the cup..

done the right way...

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I have a Rocky Rancilio grinder and an Isomac Relax machine.

20160722_182415.jpg

In that pic behind the sink, they make that stuff in hazelnut flavor, I love it never tried the vanilla. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, rplace said:

For sure not Starbucks, dtel.

Independent place with someone over 30 and you should be good. It should taste like coffee only better. If there is not a 1/4 inch frothy light brown layer above the rich, luscious deep deep brown almost black goodness it is not made right. Called Crema.

It was bad then, it was black very strong and bitter, the strength and bitterness is what turned me off.

Will try a better one as soon as I get a chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

It was bad then, it was black very strong and bitter, the strength and bitterness is what turned me off.

Will try a better one as soon as I get a chance.

Had it done right black, with crème, with cream and sugar. Worth trying again. May get a good one. The flavor can be a real experience.

Need to find a place and do it more often than I have lately. Makes me want a cup...now, lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, babadono said:

^Love it, a machine named "relax" that's gonna make you a cup o'joe that'll amp you right into the middle of next week:D

Funny I thought the same thing when I read the model was Relax. It's an Italian machine, I think...so maybe something lost in translation.

All this technical talk made me want to measure my afternoon fix. I've not done it in some time. 22 seconds for this 2 ouncer. A tad thin in the mouthfeel....but still pretty enjoyable.

IMG_20171102_150655608.thumb.jpg.847c5dde0a308dbcf8763a58dd164335.jpg

IMG_20171102_150818377.thumb.jpg.b6f773a6f11b2be33bd9e2a943c03928.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, babadono said:

^Love it, a machine named "relax" that's gonna make you a cup o'joe that'll amp you right into the middle of next week:D

I'll admit, I thought it odd too but this model was right where I wanted to be performance and price wise about 10 years ago so I didn't worry too much about the name.

39 minutes ago, dtel said:

In that pic behind the sink, they make that stuff in hazelnut flavor, I love it never tried the vanilla. 

I drink my espresso straight but I make "foo foo" coffee for my wife and daughter.  I'll put flavored syrup, espresso, flavored creamer, whipped cream and cinnamon in/on it.  They love it but I can't drink it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I drink my espresso straight but I make "foo foo" coffee for my wife and daughter.  I'll put flavored syrup, espresso, flavored creamer, whipped cream and cinnamon in/on it.  They love it but I can't drink it.

Best dad EVER!

I do similar by turning down the music for my wife and giving her sugar with her cappuccino. Gotta pick your battles. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

since when did this turn into such a hoity-toity place?  Back in my days on the ship, they gave us coffee that we needed to use a fork & knife  ... and we were grateful.

It was free, no arguing with that. I actually started drinking coffee in the Navy because they made me make it.

I figured if they were going to make me clean it and make it as the junior guy, I'd at least drink it. So that was the beginning of it all. Had it not been for the Navy I'd not be drinking coffee or ever had espresso in Italy. All a big government conspiracy to make me spend my hard earned money on hoity-toity coffee 30 years later...now where did I put my tin foil hat?!?!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rplace said:

It was free, no arguing with that. I actually started drinking coffee in the Navy because they made me make it.

I figured if they were going to make me clean it and make it as the junior guy, I'd at least drink it. So that was the beginning of it all. Had it not been for the Navy I'd not be drinking coffee or ever had espresso in Italy. All a big government conspiracy to make me spend my hard earned money on hoity-toity coffee 30 years later...now where did I put my tin foil hat?!?!

i think i had expresso once.  We did a boarding on a foreign ship and we’re hanging out on the bridge waiting for the ship’s captain to get his paperwork, and he offers us some coffee.  Well, they bring us some stuff in these tiny cups that i still think may have been bilge water. Powerful stuff.  Then he told us how AIDS was created by American scientists and it was an experiment that got out of control. 

• Like 4