Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

21 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I didn't select lower 48 states so it went to paypal checkout.   For the Otello cartridge.  Just wanted to see the price.

Will have to see....MC or MM......or keep the table and cartridge I have.  Denon DP-1250, ADC arm, Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood.

otello is their entry level cartridge

at $399...$100 for a retip..when needed..

the other cartridges i might consider

https://www.sound-smith.com/cartridges/fixed-coil/irox-blue 

https://www.sound-smith.com/cartridges/fixed-coil/carmen-mk-ii

but I'm on a budget. the restore is

$425 + if it needs something else..

I also want  a record clamp...$89.. 

and that's with out shipping both ways...and I might re-plinth the table

in 3/4 hardwood of my choice at $475....

• Like 2

Wanted to thank @johnnydrama, Mark, for a very enjoyable evening last night at my place, listening to some tunes and a couple of speaker setups that he may have read about on the forum, but had not had a chance to hear.  We both have our hands full with kids, grandkids, and other various things, but we made it work to get together.  Thanks again Mark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Wanted to thank @johnnydrama, Mark, for a very enjoyable evening last night at my place, listening to some tunes and a couple of speaker setups that he may have read about on the forum, but had not had a chance to hear.  We both have our hands full with kids, grandkids, and other various things, but we made it work to get together.  Thanks again Mark.

Are you kidding me? The pleasure was all mine! Just look at the picture, Jim even let me sit in "the sweet spot" the entire time. It was absolutely amazing to lay eyes and EARs on gear that most only dream about. I also walked away as a proud new owner of a pair of Heresy's that I intend to implement into a 2ch living room setup.

Thanks again @jimjimbo for a very exciting evening. Looking forward to doing it again sometime!

IMG_4013.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tarheel said:

we will ask BigStewMan as he is the catsup expert.

Chuck--i thought we were brothers -- i’m love KETCHUP and don’t allow Catsup in my house. 

Hitting the sweet spot does work, and i can assure you it works better than the time I was in Reno and some grungy guy comes over to my table, with his knife, to help me. He puts his knife into the bottle and i quickly thanked him, pulled the bottle away -- didn’t use it that meal. I know the dude was just trying to be nice; but, being a germaphobe, i couldn’t use the ketchup after that.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Chuck--i thought we were brothers -- i’m love KETCHUP and don’t allow Catsup in my house. 

Hitting the sweet spot does work, and i can assure you it works better than the time I was in Reno and some grungy guy comes over to my table, with his knife, to help me. He puts his knife into the bottle and i quickly thanked him, pulled the bottle away -- didn’t use it that meal. I know the dude was just trying to be nice; but, being a germaphobe, i couldn’t use the ketchup after that.

What's the problem with that?  I'm sure he licked the knife clean prior to helping you.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, johnnydrama said:

Are you kidding me? The pleasure was all mine! Just look at the picture, Jim even let me sit in "the sweet spot" the entire time. It was absolutely amazing to lay eyes and EARs on gear that most only dream about. I also walked away as a proud new owner of a pair of Heresy's that I intend to implement into a 2ch living room setup.

Thanks again @jimjimbo for a very exciting evening. Looking forward to doing it again sometime!

IMG_4013.JPG

Now that's a nice pic.

• Like 5

IMG_4013.JPG

make a video....what was the old

klipsch ad....the speakers can handle

a roof raising 100 watts can you !   

I want to see the ceiling tiles call down !

• Like 1

IMG_4013.JPG

Wow that's nice . I'd go check it out but I have never been invited , as a matter of fact I think @jimjimbo has a restraining order against me  :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2